COUNTDOWN!!! Nextel iDEN Shutdown

See ya later iden I did enjoy your services for many years you will be missed in our hearts, but not on our air waves!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

S4GRU readers, want to see your name up in lights? Here is your chance...

The Nextel iDEN countdown clock is up on the front page of The Forums.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/index

As a fundraiser for non profit S4GRU, you can claim "naming rights" to the iDEN countdown clock for a day for a $5 donation. I have already made my claim on the first three days through the end of this workweek. Now, who will step up to the plate and meet my challenge to keep the sponsorship going?

Celebrate the shutdown of iDEN. Show your support for CDMA1X 800 and LTE 800. And, of course, see your name get recognized by thousands of other readers around the country.

Just make a $5 PayPal donation, put "iDEN countdown" in the message, and the clock is yours for a day.

AJ

To do the naming rights just go to donations on the upper right hand side and that's it. 

To do the naming rights just go to donations on the upper right hand side and that's it. 

We welcome your first post.  But the naming rights opportunity is over.  In fact, the iDEN countdown clock is counting down its own existence as we speak.

AJ

Can we get confirmation from someone who had an actual working Nextel phone?

Also, preferably one from each timezone.

Several years ago I had a couple of BB devices, first CDMA then iDen only because we had terrible reception at the time we lived there with CDMA and speaking of personal experience the Iden network worked flawless in fact it's signal reception penetrated our home flawlessly and always had 4 full bars and great performance. 

Can we get confirmation from someone who had an actual working Nextel phone?

Also, preferably one from each timezone.

Several years ago I had a couple of BB devices, first CDMA then iDen only because we had terrible reception at the time we lived there with CDMA and speaking of personal experience the Iden network worked flawless in fact it's signal reception penetrated our home flawlessly and always had 4 full bars and great performance.

I meant confirmation that at 11:59 there was a Nextel signal and that now, there is no more signal.

I meant confirmation that at 11:59 there was a Nextel signal and that now, there is no more signal.

No, Sprint is pulling the plugs on the iDEN MSCs.  But the RF signals may last for a few days while crews make the rounds to pull the plugs on the individual sites.

AJ