HTC ONE user thread

jegillis

Well just got the update, right off the bat the signal is no different. Im also in an area with no LTE so yeah.

Is there a summery of the update anywhere?

If I'm not mistaken it should be HD Voice and making Sprint music available in ringtones and some bug fixes.

-Luis

I just downloaded the entire ~240mb update in under 2 minutes on 4G.  Took longer to install than it took to download.

Any idea on when they may turn on the HD voice on the network?  My dad has an HTC One as well, and I would like to see how much better it sounds.

Random HTC One thought: Am I the only one that misses the "vibrate on call connect" feature?  It's nowhere in the options.  I was so used to that on my Evo.  And before that my Epic (I think) would make a tone when the call connected.  It would save from dialing a call and holding it to your ear, then after a few seconds looking at the phone and seeing it was still trying to connect or it gave up and was sitting at the dialer.

Also, post-update the earpiece is definitely less bassy and has more treble to it.  It'd be nice if it was user-adjustable, like the S3s and older BBs were.

Random HTC One thought: Am I the only one that misses the "vibrate on call connect" feature?  It's nowhere in the options.  I was so used to that on my Evo.  And before that my Epic (I think) would make a tone when the call connected.  It would save from dialing a call and holding it to your ear, then after a few seconds looking at the phone and seeing it was still trying to connect or it gave up and was sitting at the dialer.

Also, post-update the earpiece is definitely less bassy and has more treble to it.  It'd be nice if it was user-adjustable, like the S3s and older BBs were.

Funny you say that... I was thinking the same thing the other day... I used to get the vibrate feedback, so I knew when the call connected.... Now, I have to look at the screen to see the call connect.....

Random HTC One thought: Am I the only one that misses the "vibrate on call connect" feature? It's nowhere in the options. I was so used to that on my Evo. And before that my Epic (I think) would make a tone when the call connected. It would save from dialing a call and holding it to your ear, then after a few seconds looking at the phone and seeing it was still trying to connect or it gave up and was sitting at the dialer.

Also, post-update the earpiece is definitely less bassy and has more treble to it. It'd be nice if it was user-adjustable, like the S3s and older BBs were.

I'm sure this is something that could be added via a custom Rom....

The guys with Viper roms are typically open to suggestions, if it gets enough support you could get it added as a tweak in their tweak app.

Stuck on the Poor Man's HTC for now.

Has anyone seen this issue as reported on the SprintZone app?  The time-stamps on the notifications due to a supposed charging issue/overheat, if accurate, I was not even charging the phone during some of those times... Could this be a fluke in the SprintZone app, or something else?

Screenshot_2013-07-15-15-28-48.jpg

Has anyone seen this issue as reported on the SprintZone app?  The time-stamps on the notifications due to a supposed charging issue/overheat, if accurate, I was not even charging the phone during some of those times... Could this be a fluke in the SprintZone app, or something else?

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-07-15-15-28-48.jpg

I wouldn't trust the sprint zone app. I've received notifications about errors with my phone when there's really nothing wrong with it.

-Luis

• Like 2

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-07-15-15-28-48.jpg

I hide my sprint zone app, I can't stand it and it is forced on this phone.

Any word on when the United States will be getting 4.2? Its been some time now..

More like 4.3 =] haha I am kind of hoping they skip 4.2.2 and go straight to 4.3. I told myself if HTC lags with the updates with the One I am probably done with them, especially since the Moto X is coming to Sprint =]

On another note, did any of you buy your htc one during the htc 25 promo and received an email with the code? I submitted mine earlier this month(I bought the phone within the promo dates) and I still have not received any email from them regarding status or anything.

I am not sure what the policy is here about discussion of us selling old phones. Anyone here want a rooted EVO lte? unlocked/s-on/with "stock with goodies" ROM.

*If this is not allowed, admins please delete this.

More like 4.3 =] haha I am kind of hoping they skip 4.2.2 and go straight to 4.3. I told myself if HTC lags with the updates with the One I am probably done with them, especially since the Moto X is coming to Sprint =]

On another note, did any of you buy your htc one during the htc 25 promo and received an email with the code? I submitted mine earlier this month(I bought the phone within the promo dates) and I still have not received any email from them regarding status or anything.

I got it with that $100 trade in, i did that and already have the money from that.

Neither have I and I did both.  Driving me crazy.  They sent me an email almost a month ago saying my $100 was on it's way.  I also haven't received an email for either of the two Ones that I bought with the $25 code.  I resubmitted the request a couple of weeks ago but still nothing.  I bought both phones thru Best Buy.

Edited by Jaggrey

Neither have I and I did both.  Driving me crazy.  They sent me an email almost a month ago saying my $100 was on it's way.  I also haven't received an email for either of the two Ones that I bought with the $25 code.  I resubmitted the request a couple of weeks ago but still nothing.  I bought both phones thru Best Buy.

I think they took the page down also. I google it and when I load the only link that is to htc's website it does not load.

Are you talking about the $25 Google Play promo?

If I remember correctly, it could take up to 8 weeks to receive the code.

Yes, I thought I read it should take 2-4 from their website...hmmm

Yes. You are correct.  2-4 weeks.  Give or take.

It will probably be closer to 4 weeks, but who knows...

I bought a used HTC One online and received, activated and tested it today.  I haven't been able to pick up LTE no matter what I've tried so far.

I'm in Newport News, VA, 23602 (aka Norfolk / Hampton Roads Market) and spent the previous hour driving exclusively Sensorly-confirmed routes, stopping in dark purple areas, stopping in parking lots where my girl has told me about best LTE speeds on her S3, etc... Sensorly found 100's of 2G, 3G, and WiFi signals, and no 4G.

Tried Profile, PRL updates.. ensured my mode is set to CDMA/LTE.. toggled Airplane mode several times.. reviewed ##DATA# and ##DEBUG# screens for anything obviously unusual, and nothing has worked or helped me figure out what's wrong.

I'm visiting the Sprint Store when it opens today (Sunday), but I thought I'd see in the meantime.. does anyone have any additional suggestions?

No lte but everything wise works? Sounds like your SIM is either not on the account or wrong SIM on your account or maybe even no SIM in the phone.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1