Roaming and my contract

I've been roaming at home a lot lately, so much that most of my minutes used this month were made while roaming. Sprint states you may not use a majority of minutes or risk being terminated.

What's next? Will I get a letter or just be disconnected? This is unfortunate.

I've been roaming at home a lot lately, so much that most of my minutes used this month were made while roaming. Sprint states you may not use a majority of minutes or risk being terminated.

What's next? Will I get a letter or just be disconnected? This is unfortunate.

In Los Angeles? You should be fine but there are micro (local) conditions that could limit RF propagation. Go to coverage.sprint.com and see if any coverage changes have happened recently. Expired roaming agreements or anything of that nature could also be at play. But if you appear to be covered - even after drilling down to street level on the site's coverage tool - then you should call sprint to see what can be arranged, up to and including an Airave or even contract cancellation.

One of my five lines roams a lot because it is in the hands of a student away at a school off the network.. Only a month to go there.. I talked with Sprint pro-actively one time about it and they said that while the terms talks about 300MB and talk time etc.. the reality is they'll just do something if it's a lone phone.. They recognize that sometimes because of things like being away at school, roaming can't be helped..

Because of the nature of cell phone areas, only a few miles away, Sprint has active LTE area...

File a trouble ticket... you shouldn't have to be roaming as your primary method of phone connection in the second largest city in the United States.

It does happen though. One of my lines roams all the time at one mile from an active 4g site. It just depends on the RF design as there is no guarantee of indoor coverage. That's where airaves come in to play.

Sent from my little Note2

It does happen though. One of my lines roams all the time at one mile from an active 4g site. It just depends on the RF design as there is no guarantee of indoor coverage. That's where airaves come in to play.

Sent from my little Note2

Fair point. Still, there are pockets of bad for each carrier even in large metros... If they send a free Airave that would also work.

Just a bit of advice for anyone who roams frequently. Sprint strictly enforces their roaming policy. I used 400 ish mbs of roam in October and received a letter and phone call in February about that. They did not cancel my line, but told me if I did not stop using more than 300 mb of roam I would be canceled. Sprint has a special department that handles roaming issues if you would like to call and talk to them, you can pm me for their phone number, but i don't want to post it in the public and have the whole world calling them. They ordered me an airave no problem and also set it so I see a notification if I am close to my roam limits.

Enjoy!!!

Get this. So I had an airave in the past that didn't cover half of my house. After months with it, I unplugged it and found that Sprint service had improved in my house. Now, I'm roaming at home and at work.

I've definitely went over my roaming minutes/ data allotment for this month. Maybe it would be best to get terminated at this point? I'm costing Sprint a lot of money and I'm not happy with the situation either. Will I get a letter this month?

• 2 weeks later...

This started the past few months for.me Also, I have a home office and use my cell for the most part. A trouble ticket was filed and nothing got better yet. Haven't been offered a airave device yet, but I'm not sure it I can even use it due to having Verizon 4g LTE home fusion internet service, does anyone know if it wound work?