Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh, if it weren't for my crazy cheap plan, I would have left Sprint a LONG time ago.  Here's the reply today regarding the updates in the Winona area: "In regards to the upgrades, they are scheduled to begin within the next 6 months"

For me, I enjoy anticipating new things. I order something from Amazon, I'm love the excitement leading up to it arriving. Tracking it on UPS's website adds to it. Then once it comes, it's almost like the wait was more exciting. That's how I'm handling it now.

Yes, waiting is frustrating especially since Sprint said Winona was "coming soon" February of 2013. Also since nearly everywhere else in Minnesota/the MN market has LTE of some sort.

I like following the site acceptances, keeping the premier sponsor thread going, visiting local sites and seeing work being done, collecting GCI's etc. It's fun.

Once Winona gets LTE, the wait will be over, GCI's and PCI's collected, then the fun is over.

• Like 1

For me, I enjoy anticipating new things. I order something from Amazon, I'm love the excitement leading up to it arriving. Tracking it on UPS's website adds to it. Then once it comes, it's almost like the wait was more exciting. That's how I'm handling it now.

Yes, waiting is frustrating especially since Sprint said Winona was "coming soon" February of 2013. Also since nearly everywhere else in Minnesota/the MN market has LTE of some sort.

I like following the site acceptances, keeping the premier sponsor thread going, visiting local sites and seeing work being done, collecting GCI's etc. It's fun.

Once Winona gets LTE, the wait will be over, GCI's and PCI's collected, then the fun is over.

I enjoy anticipating new things as well, but there's a time when anticipation turns to annoyance.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Voice Calls Are Cutting Out - Minneapolis Market

I have noticed on several phones that when on a voice call that it cuts out almost like it's choppy and I have to ask the other caller to repeat what they said as I may not pickup a word or two. This is happening in several area's in my metropolitan area. Phones I have used are Samsung S3 & S5. Anyone else experiencing this?

Where are you?

My worst calls are between Sprint and T-Mobile, it always sounds very muffled but calling T-Mo from other carriers and landline sounds excellent.

But in general I only ever notice some short garbling.

Move this to the relevant market thread.  It is not a widespread issue.

AJ

• Like 1

Voice Calls Are Cutting Out - Minneapolis Market

I have noticed on several phones that when on a voice call that it cuts out almost like it's choppy and I have to ask the other caller to repeat what they said as I may not pickup a word or two. This is happening in several area's in my metropolitan area. Phones I have used are Samsung S3 & S5. Anyone else experiencing this?

Calling from Upstate NY Central market to my gf in Philadelphia, I notice this. We both have great signal in our areas when we talk, but for some reason her voice just drops a word every 20-30 seconds it seems. It almost sounds like it's "clipping" due to over-volume. I know exactly what you're talking about. 

In our case, it's an iPhone 5C to an iPhone 6. Don't think it's the phones though, probably just the codec. 

Has anyone been noticing any work being done? I am in Willmar, and nothing has changed for nearly a year. Still waiting for 1 tower to get upgrades yet. 

The Alexandria area seems to be going backwards lately. I keep jumping from tower to tower but I'm seeing 800Mhz so that's a plus. I hope it changes soon because it's getting harder to convince my friends that sprint is improving their network.