Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

While updates in Minneapolis are not complete, this sounds awfully bad. You might want to consider backing up your phone and resetting it to factory and seeing if that improves things. It is possible that you have a lemon, and not just issues with the network. There is a difference between your phone and you wife's iPhone, her phone isn't triband.

It's not his phone.  He is describing what everyone in downtown minneapolis is experiencing with sprint, and has been since about October of last year. We keep hearing 'soon', and 'be patient', but I think 6 months of unsable service fully qualfies as being patient.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering how long a new rollout generally takes and what happens during them. I live in Fergus Falls, MN and LTE has started to show up on my iPhone 5 as of today. There a spotty areas around town (I've found 5 just driving around) with varying speeds. I also noticed a new tower north-east of town, but I'm not sure what it is. Probably popped up about a week or two ago.

What would a sort of timeline be on this? A few weeks or months until it starts to show up more and more? What have you noticed during your rollouts of it?

I was just wondering how long a new rollout generally takes and what happens during them. I live in Fergus Falls, MN and LTE has started to show up on my iPhone 5 as of today. There a spotty areas around town (I've found 5 just driving around) with varying speeds. I also noticed a new tower north-east of town, but I'm not sure what it is. Probably popped up about a week or two ago.

What would a sort of timeline be on this? A few weeks or months until it starts to show up more and more? What have you noticed during your rollouts of it?

What tower are you talking about?

What tower are you talking about?

Not sure if it is related to sprint or even cellular, but past lakeway going onto county rd 1 there is a newer tower. I hadn't noticed it until a few weeks ago.

Something amazing happened today by my home close to the riverview theatre.

Dang it, I tried the attachment thing on my phone and maybe the file was too large, but got full bar LTE and 67ping 22down/4up I'm a happy man.

Edited by ZachGalifianakis
  • Like 2

Here is the ss btw. Still having issues downtown by my work though I do somehow switch to it in my breakroom automatically which is nice. So something is definitely getting done down there as well. I must also note that the range of the LTE by my home is VERY small, and switches back to 3g after a few blocks heading in to work.

post-8336-0-13945000-1397485277_thumb.jpg

Edited by ZachGalifianakis

I still have issues downtown around the south east side. I must say though since my previous posting about losing it a few blocks from home has stopped. It dips down to a bar or two for a while but then gets very strong again, which is obviously acceptable and normal.

The downtown thing is a bit weird because I can now toggle to force lte when in my building at work then back to standard setting and the lte will hold pretty well at 1 to 2 bars but nothing as good as I am experiencing on the way in to downtown and home. 

Overall very pleased with this. Now if I can get the 4.4.3 sprint update for android which is supposed to get those extra 2 bands enabled  :angry:

I still have issues downtown around the south east side. I must say though since my previous posting about losing it a few blocks from home has stopped. It dips down to a bar or two for a while but then gets very strong again, which is obviously acceptable and normal.

The downtown thing is a bit weird because I can now toggle to force lte when in my building at work then back to standard setting and the lte will hold pretty well at 1 to 2 bars but nothing as good as I am experiencing on the way in to downtown and home.

Overall very pleased with this. Now if I can get the 4.4.3 sprint update for android which is supposed to get those extra 2 bands enabled :angry:

Get your MSL and enable them on your own. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Get your MSL and enable them on your own. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Not sure I know what this is or if it is something I should even consider if the update is supposed to be rolled out nationwide very soon, but what I have read where it said sprint and more specifically sprint nexus users were supposed to have gotten it already.

Not seeing an edit option on my post so I will update here. I looked in to the msl code thing and may try that I guess. But I am wondering if others have gotten this android update and why I may not have yet?

No one has gotten that update yet.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Looks like it was as easy as installing and using the nexus 5 field test app from the play store. Bands now enabled :D

Set B26 to first priority and see what happens.

Also, the update was delayed by Google. No one has gotten it yet.

Sprint unfortunately doesn't have control over when the update comes out.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

So I was looking on the update map for Marshall Minnesota and noticed there is a new tower there out by the Walmart. My 3G speeds are over 2mbps but I was wondering why if they built a new tower, that they didn't just put 4G in?

So I was looking on the update map for Marshall Minnesota and noticed there is a new tower there out by the Walmart. My 3G speeds are over 2mbps but I was wondering why if they built a new tower, that they didn't just put 4G in?

They may have, might just not be accepted yet.

So now that the LTE is finally officially launched in this market http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/4glte-launchedmarkets.htm who can I complain to that there is still a tower over by the MoA that eCSFB still doesn't work on?  (in otherwords my Nexus 5 jumps on LTE there for a brief second or two before dropping back to 3G because of this issue)

So now that the LTE is finally officially launched in this market http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/4glte-launchedmarkets.htm who can I complain to that there is still a tower over by the MoA that eCSFB still doesn't work on?  (in otherwords my Nexus 5 jumps on LTE there for a brief second or two before dropping back to 3G because of this issue)

You can call Sprint and have a ticket opened.

I work in the Marshall Minnesota area. And they seemed to have built a new tower on the south side of town (added to a att tower) it shows roaming for that area south of town but I get a full signal down there. And today when I was at work I saw 4g on my phone it was crazy! What market is Marshall Minnesota in? I noticed most of this thread seems to be all Minneapolis. Why wouldn't that tower show on the coverage map for sprint. But it's on the map for this site about tower upgrades. Random questions I know but curious :)