Network Vision/LTE - Minnesota Market

CuriousTim

Can you please grab a screenshot of SCP and your engineering screen along with your location?

Sent from my LG G4

You know, I think that I got confused. It's actually LTE 2500, B41. Sorry about that.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I want to see more towers along the Interstate.

Honestly, outside of the cities and maybe suburbs, I don't see any expansion happening. Not in the foreseeable future anyways. I-90 coverage is so pathetic.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Anyone in Minnesota finding any 2nd band 25 carriers anywhere. I think it might be possible up in Duluth. Not sure about anywhere else.

Is it? Contiguous band 25 or 2 separate carriers? Duluthian here  :)

Why did you find a 2 nd carrier up there?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I'm an AT&T subscriber (for obvious reasons if you've ever spent extensive time here with all 4 carriers) and I was just curious as to whether or not they got more BW up and running. 

I'm an AT&T subscriber (for obvious reasons if you've ever spent extensive time here with all 4 carriers) and I was just curious as to whether or not they got more BW up and running.

The last time I was there I had no problem getting LTE. They should finally be working on B41. That was my only complaint last summer was no b41.

The last time I was there I had no problem getting LTE. They should finally be working on B41. That was my only complaint last summer was no b41.

I was just in Duluth a few weeks ago. Coverage was good. Was on B41 about half the time.

My only complaint I had which I told Sprint on Twitter was I-35 coverage around Hinckley to Duluth. Not enough towers and was on 3G most of the time until I arrived in Duluth. Was very bad. A few times I didn't have signal.

I was just in Duluth a few weeks ago. Coverage was good. Was on B41 about half the time.

My only complaint I had which I told Sprint on Twitter was I-35 coverage around Hinckley to Duluth. Not enough towers and was on 3G most of the time until I arrived in Duluth. Was very bad. A few times I didn't have signal.

How many band 41 carriers were you on. Just one? Or was their the 2nd one. If they have band 41 now that's just better than last summer.

Where in Duluth do you frequent? At my house, they have for sure B25 active with a good signal. I used to have a Note 2 and would frequently get 20-25 down and 5-10 up on a single B25 carrier in the middle of last year, similar to what AT&T gets. But I have a Charter 60 Mbps connection so that doesn't really matter to me. Near my cabin on Island Lake and near my HS (Duluth East) you'll be lucky to latch onto B26. I notice a lot of 3G on my uncle's S6Edge+ unfortunately, but do see B41 near the mall and downtown,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was at BestBuy Wednesday and got around 8mbps. I'm shocked they don't have band 41 up and running in Mankato. I live in Waseca, which is about 23 miles east of Mankato and we've had band 41 and channel aggregation for a year.

I was at BestBuy Wednesday and got around 8mbps. I'm shocked they don't have band 41 up and running in Mankato. I live in Waseca, which is about 23 miles east of Mankato and we've had band 41 for a year.

This is typical in Mankato everywhere now. And yeah very surprised, don't know why they stopped at St. Peter for Band 41. Especially given Mankato is a relatively huge college town.

I guess college town could be the reason, maybe they'll wait until summer when the college is closed. Sprint is on top of the watertower by Mankato Ford, towers by Bethany College, MSU, downtown south and west of the

Verizon building, tower by the McDonald's on hwy 169/14 and two in North Mankato.

• 3 weeks later...

Mankato back to 3G speeds with full bars. How disappointing.

Yeah not good. I was the one that reported a 2nd band 25 in Minnesota. Saw it on the Twin Cities. That was a month ago. Now I'm not seeing it. Sprint has Shutdown a good amount CDMA here Hopefully that's a sign of something higher than 5x5 coming to Minnesota. Especially in places with no band 41.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know exactly where you're talking about, but I'd tend to agree. The most infuriating seems to be I35 going up to Duluth. Minneapolis and Duluth have great LTE, but on the way there it's just constant switching between 3G and LTE 800. Just so frustrating when in theory they should be able to at least cover the entire freeway.

• Like 1

I don't know exactly where you're talking about, but I'd tend to agree. The most infuriating seems to be I35 going up to Duluth. Minneapolis and Duluth have great LTE, but on the way there it's just constant switching between 3G and LTE 800. Just so frustrating when in theory they should be able to at least cover the entire freeway.

Pretty much anything south of Jordan. Fairmont area is a complete joke. I90 as well. Mankato is completely crippled. Going on 14 past Eagle Lake is just 1x majority of the time. Austin has both towers with dual carrier band 41, and worth nothing, only get them outside. Faribault/waterville areas are just LTE islands even with all having band 26. I can go on and on. It's disappointing, not even evdo, but straight 1x most of the time. Great service at work is promising. I would describe Sprint in majority of Minnesota as what others deride T-Mobile as, islands of LTE.

• 2 weeks later...