T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

Gotta admit, I would like to have these offerings.

http://bgr.com/2014/09/10/t-mobile-wifi-unleashed-announcement/

The WiFi Calling and InFlight WiFi is great.

It sounds more like you can use the GoGo Equipped Wifi to send/receive SMS/MMS in-flight if you're on a TMO device.

The Wifi calling is pretty great, though. I get little to no reception in parts of my office, so i have a lot of calls go right to voicemail. We have a personal device wifi network, so if I had the ability to make & take calls, that'd be huge.

Is it true the IPhone won't get WiFi calling on Sprint? :-(

Sent from my Galaxy S5 on the Sprint Network

Who claimed that?

I don't know that anybody outside of the executives at Sprint could say for sure at this point.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Is it true the IPhone won't get WiFi calling on Sprint? :-(

Based on what? The slide from the Keynote that left Sprint off?

So T-Mobile just admitted they can't provide reliable in building coverage and they want to use your home data connection to support their network.....

To be fair, NO carrier can guarantee inside coverage in every home.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So T-Mobile just admitted they can't provide reliable in building coverage and they want to use your home data connection to support their network.....

Or, as the TMO Honks @ BGR said, "real or perceived" indoor issues. Lol

Based on what? The slide from the Keynote that left Sprint off?

Legere said it... They partnered with Apple and are only US carrier to offer it. That will be a big deal for Sprint if it's true :-/

It sounds more like you can use the GoGo Equipped Wifi to send/receive SMS/MMS in-flight if you're on a TMO device.

The Wifi calling is pretty great, though. I get little to no reception in parts of my office, so i have a lot of calls go right to voicemail. We have a personal device wifi network, so if I had the ability to make & take calls, that'd be huge.

You are correct about the GoGo being only text/MMS, overlooked that.

Legere said it... They partnered with Apple and are only US carrier to offer it. That will be a big deal for Sprint if it's true :-/

Only carrier so far....

• Like 1

That seems kind of fishy. It's a feature in iOS 8 - why would it be restricted to just one carrier in the U.S.? Especially restricted to the carrier with the smallest number of iPhone subscribers?

It seems like an awful lot of work for Apple to engineer a Wifi calling option for one network.

That seems kind of fishy. It's a feature in iOS 8 - why would it be restricted to just one carrier in the U.S.? Especially restricted to the carrier with the smallest number of iPhone subscribers?

It seems like an awful lot of work for Apple to engineer a Wifi calling option for one network.

I agree and I hope Sprint gets it. I love WiFi calling on my Galaxy S5. But Apple has done this before... AT&T only for a couple years... Lol

That router thing is a ruse to try to force you to stay on their network. It's a router/cell extender. If you replace your old router with their's and later decide you want to leave, SURPRISE! Suddenly you lost your free 802.11ac router.