T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion

CriticalityEvent

Think of all the bandwidth we could free up from flipping off ATSC to something else. That's the issue I have with a lot of this. Lots of broadcasters are stuck in 1985 - lots of crap channels that don't really air good content or religious broadcasters trying to shake down old ladies by soliciting donations on TV, the Benny Hinn's of the world if you will. I am all for converter box, round 2. Get TV to go to H.265 and that frees up lots of room for 1080p and broadcasters to share channels.

Look, I know there are technical issues with doing this now, but if someone would plan this right 3-4 years down the road the U.S. could have a better system.

You forgot the "judge" shows. Daytime just wouldn't be the same without those. Lol

Think of all the bandwidth we could free up from flipping off ATSC to something else. That's the issue I have with a lot of this. Lots of broadcasters are stuck in 1985 - lots of crap channels that don't really air good content or religious broadcasters trying to shake down old ladies by soliciting donations on TV, the Benny Hinn's of the world if you will. I am all for converter box, round 2. Get TV to go to H.265 and that frees up lots of room for 1080p and broadcasters to share channels.

Look, I know there are technical issues with doing this now, but if someone would plan this right 3-4 years down the road the U.S. could have a better system.

The problem with doing this in 3-4 years is we won't know if it's a repub or dem fcc.

Reserve or no reserve?

The problem with doing this in 3-4 years is we won't know if it's a repub or dem fcc.

Reserve or no reserve?

That's something I have to think about. I am starting to see a long term vision here where a different, more efficient broadcast system could work out. I just haven't worked through all the technical issues in my own brain yet.

That's something I have to think about. I am starting to see a long term vision here where a different, more efficient broadcast system could work out. I just haven't worked through all the technical issues in my own brain yet.

Fcc should be proposing this not us on this forum. #noleadership

With a background in TV engineering and now working on the incentive auction for the FCC, all I can say is this: I have absolutely no idea what on Earth you are talking about.

- Trip

I feel like giving you S4GRU *Gold* if I could

I feel like giving you S4GRU *Gold* if I could

You get a sticker...

goldstarsticker2.jpg

AJ

Ah thanks for the link. Is it even technically possible to reduce the transmission facing east (towards NYC), and is there a technical explanation why it became impossible to access WNJN in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn. We still have access to PBS on Ch 13 WNET.

Thanks again! 

I can try to receive it on my TV and report back. Just need to pick up a cheap digital tuner.

• Like 1

Ok I get it, Sex sells, and showing your butt profile in a commercial referencing data could be eye candy for some men, but seriously, Kim? Fray is correct, if it wasn't for the tape she would a nobody. Carly was 100 times sexier, better body, and more beautiful. 

TS

• Like 3

Ok I get it, Sex sells, and showing your butt profile in a commercial referencing data could be eye candy for some men, but seriously, Kim? Fray is correct, if it wasn't for the tape she would a nobody. Carly was 100 times sexier, better body, and more beautiful.

TS

And not a celebwhoreslut

Yeah... Not a fan. Woman wouldn't even be famous if not for the butt.

I fixed your quote for you.

AJ

• Like 1

You may be confusing Cincinnati with Dayton.  The referenced application shows no transfer nor lease of AWS spectrum to T-Mobile in Cincinnati, only PCS spectrum.  The AWS spectrum is in Dayton.  The only prospect for an AWS gain in Cincinnati is if VZW uses the leased AWS A block to relocate its operations from the AWS F block, then flips the latter to T-Mobile in a subsequent transaction.

Anyway, where did you find this FCC application?  We know that you did not find it on your own.  Did someone at HowardForums or elsewhere point it out to you?

AJ

• Like 1

You may be confusing Cincinnati with Dayton. The referenced application shows no transfer nor lease of AWS spectrum to T-Mobile in Cincinnati, only PCS spectrum. The AWS spectrum is in Dayton. The only prospect for an AWS gain in Cincinnati is if VZW uses the leased AWS A block to relocate its operations from the AWS F block, then flips the latter to T-Mobile in a subsequent transaction.

Anyway, where did you find this FCC application? We know that you did not find it on your own. Did someone at HowardForums or elsewhere point it out to you?

AJ

I did not find it on my own.

It's only PCS from Grain Management. T-Mobile will be able to deploy 10x10 PCS LTE in Cincinnatti.

Overall they're still spectrum constrained there.

Yeah, but to sweeten the deal, Grain Management also threw in a bitchin' disc tiller.

06-Disk%20Harrow.JPG

AJ

• Like 3