Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

You don't get "kicked down" from eHRPD to EVDO. It's the same network, just routed through different cores. If eHRPD is not working, they may be doing work on the 4G core. This sometimes happens are they are getting ready to allow LTE to go live at sites that are ready. Or, it they may just be having problems. Hard to say. 

I know its the same network, it just feels like it  because it will stop working on eHRDP. It will work for about 5 or 10 minutes then get "stuck" on the upload arrow. I cant use anything that needs a data connection until it looses the data connection completely and reconnects to 3G on the EVDO type.

So at this point  i can only use the phone without problems by putting the phone in CDMA only mode.. witch sucks because then i cant search for LTE at all.

Can you please check this out ? Why does it show this instead of showing ' Sprint ' ?

Can you please check this out ? http://i.imgur.com/BSJMpxH.jpg Why does it show this instead of showing ' Sprint ' ?

Pretty sure that's roaming.

Yes, that's roaming.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Can you please check this out ? Why does it show this instead of showing ' Sprint ' ?

Can you please check this out ? http://i.imgur.com/BSJMpxH.jpg Why does it show this instead of showing ' Sprint ' ?

Pretty sure that's roaming.

Yes, that's roaming.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I just searched it up & everywhere it says all it basically is, is like my phone connecting to another companies tower that's partnered with sprint. So technically it's not roaming plus I won't get charged.

I just searched it up & everywhere it says all it basically is, is like my phone connecting to another companies tower that's partnered with sprint. So technically it's not roaming plus I won't get charged.

You normal don't get charged for roaming anyway. "Extended" on iPhone indicates roaming. There are no partner companies in your area, and if there were it would show up as native coverage, not "Extended" which is roaming.

Update your apps.. Lol

Haha nah, there's no point in downloading medium size updates for literally ' minimal adjustments ' as it says in the update description xD

i know this prolly means nothing but ill throw it out there, on swan and broadway and rincon high school their is a sprint tower, i went to a friends graduation and i noticed the built brand new tower with a new storage facility, dont know if this means anything but throwing it out there

That's AT&T if it's on a field light pole; they relocated off the smokestack when they upgraded for lte (their 4 antennas per sector plus RRUs was probably too much for it). Sprint's antennas are staying on the smokestack. Nothing has been done to Rincon/UHS yet.

• Like 1

@techsmurf

Thats good to know, the reason is I've asked a few workers and they said nextel was the provider (Sprint) but i guess they were mistaken. I guess the one on Rincon and the one at the buildings by chase on broadway and country club are at&t. (The one by chase is a palm tree tower)

The funny thing is the day i saw them working at night i asked my cp worker who has at&t and the next day lte was active, i wonder why the techs dont know which company they are contracted for.

Fun fact i got a job at Sprint

• Like 2

@techsmurf

Thats good to know, the reason is I've asked a few workers and they said nextel was the provider (Sprint) but i guess they were mistaken. I guess the one on Rincon and the one at the buildings by chase on broadway and country club are at&t. (The one by chase is a palm tree tower)

The funny thing is the day i saw them working at night i asked my cp worker who has at&t and the next day lte was active, i wonder why the techs dont know which company they are contracted for.

Fun fact i got a job at Sprint

Congrats on your new job

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Man I try to donate but it won't accept my visa debit card >:/ i don't know why I have money in it and everything's fine.. I NEED to donate now!!

I just now made an additional donation to S4GRU and, the PayPal link worked fine. I do not have a PayPal account, either. I just punched in my CC number and it worked great.   

Haha thanks ya'll, will do if im allowed ill put up all the info i can, itll ve exciting knowing what's happening as it's happening! I start june 1st so we shall see! Ill definetly shard the love

Alright, so i went to sprint and they tested the radio and completely reset the phone and reactivated it on the network and it still didn't work so they are ordering me a new phone.

Since then i have not been able to get on eHRPD at all, only 1x and evdo. Its also been the slowest i have ever seen. 

Alright, so i went to sprint and they tested the radio and completely reset the phone and reactivated it on the network and it still didn't work so they are ordering me a new phone.

Since then i have not been able to get on eHRPD at all, only 1x and evdo. Its also been the slowest i have ever seen.

At least now you know it was a faulty phone, and not entirely the network.

Sent from my HTC ONE

i dont know where to post this, but if anyone remembers when sprint launched lte in 21 new markets, does anyone know if sprint is close to announcing new markets like that?

example: june 5th sprint will announce 10 new markets? 

if someone knows where i should post this question please advise

Site PH12AL018 is getting the cabinets installed today, all the antenas are up and my signal is dead at that site which services my home. Getting more excited. I saw 3 AL vans and a cargo van where they had all the ground hardware.

This is my service at my house right now..

http://db.tt/mYVRp147

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

I live on Houghton and Broadway and I usually have excellent service, voice and data. Usually I get anywhere between 1 and 2 mb down but today my service at home is terrible, dropped calls and data speed around 50K all day, are they working on my tower you think?