Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

You had no service at all for two weeks!? :o & how did you know it was 3G accepted?

Yes, I was roaming for about 12 days, and the day after my service came back, Robert posted posted the acceptance report and saw the tower had been accepted for 3g

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Also im am seeing many variations in speeds of 3G at my house. It went from 1.8mbps to 0.15mbps just now.

Yes, the acceptance report is part of the sponsor program.

Ohh. Is viewing the acceptance report part of having donated or no?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

S4GRU Sponsor. For members who donate money through PayPal to S4GRU to help fund the costs of Sprint 4G Rollout Updates, you get the S4GRU Sponsor title for six months from your last donation. Once you donate $100 or more in total, you get the title indefinitely and upgraded to Premier Sponsor (see below)S4GRU Sponsors get:

• Access to the S4GRU Sponsors Forum (contents subject to change, but includes some interactive maps)
  • Allow profile customizations
  • Larger profile photos (up to 250x250)
  • Can edit forum posts up to six hours after posting (incognito)
  • No limitations on auto signatures
  • Not subject to flood control timeouts
  • Store up to 250 Private Messages
  • No daily limit on Private Messages
  • Up to 10 People allowed in a Personal Message
  • Can view who gave you reputation points
  • Unlimited inline notifications

•  

I hate how I can't donate thru PayPal it won't accept my Wells Fargo card it's annoying I really want to but it's being dumb > :(

As I said before, go to your local convenience store and acquire a Visa gift card (or mastercards / etc) and use that to donate. Works the same way as a regular credit/debit. 

Lol you mean regular right? xD & I don't know a address where I could mail it to him :o

Send him a PM and he might give you an address to send a check. I am pretty sure he has done that for members in the past.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

No actually I have good news ( well for me ) (: PayPal is letting me now all I have to do is confirm my account by letting them deposit two small amounts then putting them on the website. So in 2-3 days it said, hopefully I should be able to donate (:

I had that for almost two weeks, but my service got better two days ago; and then boom, the tower close to my house was 3g accepted.

I would venture to say that the tower went down for some other reason (a real outage), it needed hardware to fix, so they just bumped it up in the NV upgrade queue. No point in putting outdated hardware on the tower just for it to be replaced again right?

I had that for almost two weeks, but my service got better two days ago; and then boom, the tower close to my house was 3g accepted.

I would venture to say that the tower went down for some other reason (a real outage), it needed hardware to fix, so they just bumped it up in the NV upgrade queue. No point in putting outdated hardware on the tower just for it to be replaced again right?

That cell site was performing OK before the Nv upgrade, I would assume it was on track for it.

That cell site was performing OK before the Nv upgrade, I would assume it was on track for it.

Performing ok does not correlate to a sudden hardware failure. Something could have died requiring replacement.

Is there a minimum that I have to donate? Just wondering.

There's no "minimum" per say, but the donations do keep the site running, and keeps your screen clean and ad-free. To keep the lights on, S4GRU really needs about $20-25 per donor, but anything helps. Whatever you feel your financial situation will let you donate.

However, we do not accept $1 sponsorship renewals, just fyi.

Well it looks to be from the updated maps that El Centro will be getting some 4G love before us yumans. Oh well, El Centro had 3g before us as well. It just means we are that much closer  :D  :D  :D  I can't wait!!!

The two towers closest to my work were accepted over the weekend. Pulling 1.5Mbps down this morning. Under 100kbps last week. :D :D :D

Oddly I'm getting EvdoA now rather than the Ehrpd I saw last week. :confused:

• Like 2

The two towers closest to my work were accepted over the weekend. Pulling 1.5Mbps down this morning. Under 100kbps last week. :D :D :D

Oddly I'm getting EvdoA now rather than the Ehrpd I saw last week. :confused:

Reset your radios. I was having that same issue here in Yuma.

Okay so now that im a sponsor, I looked at the maps. And I have some questions. Lol they might be stupid to you & im sorry but, Im wondering what are the purple dots that say ' applied for permit ' like are they already upgraded and they just need a permit OR they need a permit to do it or what?? Im just confused my bad xD

Im wondering what are the purple dots that say ' applied for permit ' like are they already upgraded and they just need a permit OR they need a permit to do it or what?

No work should have begun on any site without a building permit. "Applied for Permit" means that a building permit has been applied for but not yet issued, thus nothing should have begun yet. Sites that are "Permit Issued" are likely being actively worked on. A site has been upgraded once it is "NV 3G Complete" (and hopefully soon "NV LTE Complete")