Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

I almost for sure feel like the tower im connected to is being worked on or something! Because usually at this time I ALWAYS get at least 1.20mbps+ never this low. Especially at this time in the morning.post-17227-13709426511387_thumb.jpg

Nevermind guys! You can ignore my last post, I think it was just because I had barely turned on my phone. I just maxed out the highest I have ever gone on 3G Sprint. Although many times it would reach 2mbps it would always drop by the end. But take a look for yourself.post-17227-13709438991282_thumb.jpg

I have a question. On the map at network.sprint.com you can see the maps and they show voice upgrades along with data capacity & data speed upgrades. But where would it show LTE upgraded towers? I checked other cities where I know it's going live but the map doesn't even say. Unless that's what they mean by ' data speed ' upgrades.

I have a question. On the map at network.sprint.com you can see the maps and they show voice upgrades along with data capacity & data speed upgrades. But where would it show LTE upgraded towers? I checked other cities where I know it's going live but the map doesn't even say. Unless that's what they mean by ' data speed ' upgrades.

You got it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

But then why are there several data speed upgrades per tower?

The map uses several months worth of data (6 I believe?). So if there was a legacy network speed upgrade shortly before the NV upgrade, it would have duplicate entries there. At least that's how I understand it.

Ok, so a bit of good news..  I work at one of the oldest fire stations in Yuma. The building is made out of adobe brick; so you can imagine the RF signal loss.  Prior to the towers getting the new antennas, I would go to 1x constanlty while indoors at the station. Now that I've been sandwiched by NV towers, very rearly go into 1x (probably never). So the signal is stronger to penetrate this building. Our data speeds are still very slow even outdoors, but its a start. at least I don't bump down to 1x..

• Like 1

I live just outside of Tucson in Vail, AZ in an IBEZ zone. I'm new to identifying cell towers, but I believe this image is our Sprint tower. The tower obviously has a fiber connection, but I'm not able to identify the equipment on the tower. If it is a Sprint tower, has it been updated to the latest NV equipment? My S3 shows a eHRPD:14 connection.

Thanks

Edited by 7eDigital

I live just outside of Tucson in Vail, AZ in a IBEZ zone. My S3 shows a eHRPD:14 connection. I'm new to identifying cell towers, but I believe this image is our Sprint tower. The tower obviously has a fiber connection, but I'm not able to identify the equipment on the tower. If it is a Sprint tower, has it been updated to at least the NV equipment?

Thanks

Hey im in vail right now too! I get 1-2 bars & usually 1xRTT.

I live just outside of Tucson in Vail, AZ in an IBEZ zone. I'm new to identifying cell towers, but I believe this image is our Sprint tower. The tower obviously has a fiber connection, but I'm not able to identify the equipment on the tower. If it is a Sprint tower, has it been updated to the latest NV equipment? My S3 shows a eHRPD:14 connection.

Thanks

Those panels look like VZ LTE on top, and on bottom they look like Att pcs panels, I didn't ID any NV panels.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Ok, so a bit of good news.. I work at one of the oldest fire stations in Yuma. The building is made out of adobe brick; so you can imagine the RF signal loss. Prior to the towers getting the new antennas, I would go to 1x constanlty while indoors at the station. Now that I've been sandwiched by NV towers, very rearly go into 1x (probably never). So the signal is stronger to penetrate this building. Our data speeds are still very slow even outdoors, but its a start. at least I don't bump down to 1x..

Is this the one by the heritage library? I know service sucks on that side of town, but I have been seeing more EHRPD and better speeds all around town lately especially at work down at Ave B and 28th, was constantly roaming for 2 weeks but now seeking 300kbs and spiking up to 1mbs download.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The first pic is the tower right off of the I-10 and S Sonoita Hwy.  If that tower isn't Sprint then the tower behind the library must be. Here is the pic:

tower1.jpg

Edited by 7eDigital

Ok, so a bit of good news.. I work at one of the oldest fire stations in Yuma. The building is made out of adobe brick; so you can imagine the RF signal loss. Prior to the towers getting the new antennas, I would go to 1x constanlty while indoors at the station. Now that I've been sandwiched by NV towers, very rearly go into 1x (probably never). So the signal is stronger to penetrate this building. Our data speeds are still very slow even outdoors, but its a start. at least I don't bump down to 1x..

Is this the one by the heritage library? I know service sucks on that side of town, but I have been seeing more EHRPD and better speeds all around town lately especially at work down at Ave B and 28th, was constantly roaming for 2 weeks but now seeking 300kbs and spiking up to 1mbs download.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I work at the one next to food city by 16th street. I had the same issue you did when crews were working on upgrading to NV

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I have been getting a steady 2 bars of eHRPD 3G with an average of 1mbps download in my house by the Vail Walgreens. I'm not sure when the eHRPD signal showed up in Vail as I just upgraded to the Galaxy S3 from the Nexus S 4G(Wi-Max) three days ago.

So has anyone been able to ID the antennas on the pic of the tower behind the library? Will the tower in Vail be a different setup because it's in the IBEZ zone?

Edited by 7eDigital

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/17/sprint-launches-lte-in-22-new-cities/

yeah coming soon to Tucson,AZ..... in a couple years maybe

we went from late 2012 to early 2013 and here we are mid 2013 now and for the next few months AZ isn't even on the short list..

now serving 200 cities, with population of 6 each...

You would slap yourself silly if have you donated and became a sponsor and saw all the information that not only robert (S4GRU) provides but also the stuff that members like TechSmurf dig up. The amount of work and stream of applications that TS has been finding is substantial and gives a good outlook of what Sprint is doing. But alas, it is a shame you're not a sponsor and are ranting about press releases. 

I'm ranting about a Sprint press release, I didn't donate, I dont know what you donatosr know ,not sure about this pay me to show you my secrets policy, nor I care.

I am stating facts that SPRINT releases.

You would see all the progress they are making, when a city is launched it means they have gone through all the 3g and 4g upgrades plus all the testing. Upcoming cities are the ones who are close to getting it all done. Do you know if they are working on it right as we speak? Or how many towers have been upgraded? Trust me, i sounded just like you but after seeing all the information and progress i have changed my mind. Patience is a virtue :D

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/17/sprint-launches-lte-in-22-new-cities/

yeah coming soon to Tucson,AZ..... in a couple years maybe

we went from late 2012 to early 2013 and here we are mid 2013 now and for the next few months AZ isn't even on the short list..

now serving 200 cities, with population of 6 each...

You would slap yourself silly if have you donated and became a sponsor and saw all the information that not only robert (S4GRU) provides but also the stuff that members like TechSmurf dig up. The amount of work and stream of applications that TS has been finding is substantial and gives a good outlook of what Sprint is doing. But alas, it is a shame you're not a sponsor and are ranting about press releases.

I'm ranting about a Sprint press release, I didn't donate, I dont know what you donatosr know ,not sure about this pay me to show you my secrets policy, nor I care.

I am stating facts that SPRINT releases.

Please note that your posts violate our posting guidelines. Please refer to our posting guidelines here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

Robert

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The first pic is the tower right off of the I-10 and S Sonoita Hwy.  If that tower isn't Sprint then the tower behind the library must be. Here is the pic:

What library are you talking about?  I'm not aware of any library in Vail.

I did notice a new tower yesterday going up in the transportation area behind Old Vail Middle School.

Is that the one you meant?  I am hoping for better coverage out here in Vail, I had to switch my family

over to Verizon/Straight Talk because there was spotty Sprint coverage south of I-10, where we travel to frequently.  No LTE though, so would love to get everybody back on Sprint/VM.

Would be very happy if the one on I-10/Route 83 or the one at OVMS are new Sprint towers.

Maybe one of them is a T-Mobile tower?  Their coverage is non-existent in many locations in Vail.

Edited by ExMotoEng

I noticed the work going on behind the transportation building as well. I stopped by and talked to the contractors and they said that they are installing the NV equipment, but  no 4G equipment yet.

Here are some pics of the site:

http://7edigital.com/other/stower1.jpg

http://7edigital.com/other/stower2.jpg

Edited by 7eDigital

Seems like a misunderstanding. Probably mean that there is not going to be any LTE yet. Not equipment. AlcaLu has separate crews that caome back and complete LTE and fire it up. However, the equipment is installed at the same time.

I guess it's possible he's talking about the LTE carrier cards. It's possible that the AlcaLu techs bring those with them when they fire it up. Otherwise, all the other LTE equipment is installed with the 3G equipment.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I think he just gave me a quick short answer to my question as they were quite busy. The also said that the 800MHz equipment was being in installed, and that the IBEZ border wouldn't affect this tower.

I can go back if the crew is still there later today. What questions should I ask?