Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

Very possible.

I called Sprint and reported the issue, they said that the tower next to my house is being worked on and will be down until the first week of June, when I asked why they said they are preparing it for LTE by merging CDMA tower and some other tower, they asked me to update my PRL so I can pick up other towers, not sure what that means!

Edited by htabbach

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 17 November 2011

I wonder if Sprint will have any major phone launches until next summer. Cuz would they release this Nexus with WiMax? That would be lame. It's fatally wounded and diying in the corner. Do they release it with 3G only? They would get laughed off the face of the earth. Samsung and Google probably wouldn't go for it, either. I think Sprint holds out and there is Galaxy Nexus release on the Now netowerk.

My area has been bad since Wednesday, the tower is completely off line. But that's a good sign. The legacy panels are gone and only the NV ones are up. I'm just hoping to catch an Ericson guy at some point to ask them about 800 band.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I'm just hoping to catch an Ericson guy at some point to ask them about 800 band.

Note, they're not even installing 800 RRUs on these IBEZ towers yet, so be armed with some good questions ;)

• Like 1

Very possible.

I called Sprint and reported the issue, they said that the tower next to my house is being worked on and will be down until the first week of June, when I asked why they said they are preparing it for LTE by merging CDMA tower and some other tower, they asked me to update my PRL so I can pick up other towers, not sure what that means!

Updating PRL won't do that. That's the myth and poor training the CSRs receive.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

Note, they're not even installing 800 RRUs on these IBEZ towers yet, so be armed with some good questions ;)

maybe if I get to talk to them, they can shed some light. 

• Like 1

Okay so I just did the ##update# and I noticed my PRL went from 51096 to 51097 on my iPhone 5. What does this mean?

Read up on what a PRL is and that should help answer your question. Here is an article on PRLs:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-338-what-is-a-prl/

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Haha thanks ya'll, will do if im allowed ill put up all the info i can, itll ve exciting knowing what's happening as it's happening! I start june 1st so we shall see! Ill definetly shard the love

Retail peons are told nothing of value.

Im not sure on how long it will take for Sprints LTE to be live in Tucson. Many people said in this month of June but I doubt that :/

Deployment is already underway at approximately 12-18 sites around Tucson. And more are starting every week.

The first sites will start go live from these. Probably some time in June, but may push out into July. It will take many months to get complete coverage, but it's coming.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

That sounds great! Although what confuses me is on the Deployment List that you have running, Tucsons ' LTE accepted sites ' was at 0%. So im curious why.

Accepted means they are complete and Sprint has accepted them from the OEM. Sites that are under deployment now are not shown in accepted numbers. They will show as accepted as they start going live.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

This is not happening! .-. It's like the time when I usually get the best speeds, I always have full bars but my speeds are malfunctioning or something.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1370596168.586425.jpg

I didn't work today, but I know on Wednesday there were 5 tickets open for Tucson proper (read: nothing outside of Tucson/immediate county, Oro Valley, Marana, and outlying areas are under different network ticket dropdowns I didn't look at) about tower issues. Some were Network Vision upgrade notifications, some were entire site outages, one was a data block issue if I remember correctly.

Also I don't know if this means anything, but I ALWAYS have 5 bars in my room. Today I've been experiencing 3 bars most of the time & 1xRTT keeps switching between 3G back and forth on my iPhone 5. Before I always had 3G without ever going to 1xRTT.

Could you rephrase please? What does this mean happened? :o

It just means that 5 towers were having issues in the immediately Tucson area. Oro Valley, Marana, Green Valley, Sahuarita, Catalina, etc. are all separate and not considered directly part of Tucson so they are split into a separate subsection on the Network Event Board for open network tickets, I didn't look at those the other day as I don't live there. hehe

Some were just notices of Network Vision upgrades that may take longer than a day (I've seen tickets have ETR dates anywhere from 2-30 days out).

Some were towers being completely down, voice, text, and data.

One was specifically about a, EVDO data blocking issue. So data sessions were being blocked on the network side for some reason, could have been capacity, a bottleneck in backhaul, etc. where the tower was actively denying connections due to some issue.

I don't understand how I can get slow speeds at this time..attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1370694299.554118.jpg

It could mean alot of things, work could be underway so it might be connecting to a far tower. If there is one thing i have learned form here its that you need to be patient with these things.

work is definitely underway as everyone has said, being patient is the best policy, saying how poor the service is ect is obvious for users in this thread, but from what ive been seeing in my short tenure at sprint is the service is being upgraded as we speak, the tool shows us the towers and supposedly what is being done to said towers, netwok vision upgrades is what the system shows. 

itll be here soon just gota keep patient!

I was at a village inn close to middle of tucson and I got this a lot.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370836762.144289.jpg

I had that for almost two weeks, but my service got better two days ago; and then boom, the tower close to my house was 3g accepted.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta