Network Vision/LTE Market - West Iowa/Nebraska Market (Omaha/Council Bluffs/Lincoln)

TrentAllen

Is there a sprint tower on the corner of 30th and potter in a KFC parking lot. There is a tower there, and today there was 3 guys tearing down all the boxes.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

That is a sprint site. And I find it hard to believe they were "tearing down all the boxes." Assuming you are talking about the equipment, that would leave a non-functioning site. Most of the sites in Omaha are on the new NV equipment this one included. What they might have been doing was removing the legacy base cabinet and other stuff that is no longer needed.

That is a sprint site. And I find it hard to believe they were "tearing down all the boxes." Assuming you are talking about the equipment, that would leave a non-functioning site. Most of the sites in Omaha are on the new NV equipment this one included. What they might have been doing was removing the legacy base cabinet and other stuff that is no longer needed.

That's possible, they weren't being nice with the boxes and wiring. I was only near it for a couple minutes so I don't know how much they ended up removing.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked this up on 30th and Ames.

Posted Image

Do you use SignalCheck Pro? If so, post a screenshot of what the app is showing.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Here are two shots of signal check (I don't have pro). One was on 30th and Ames and then other a block away. I think the -77db one was fro. 30th and Ames.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Excellent!

You should;

1. Become a S4GRU sponsor (as little as $5 will do & details are in my signature)

2. Buy SignalCheck Pro

3. Come join us in the Sponsor forum/thread. Soooo much more pin point information available and all it takes is a small donation to support this awesome site. :)

Thanks for those screen shots, much appreciated.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Here are two shots of signal check (I don't have pro). One was on 30th and Ames and then other a block away. I think the -77db one was fro. 30th and Ames.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Screen shots are much appreciated.

Come. Check Out premium member site.. You will be amazed how the site Pinpoints are located on map and it covers all site available in Omaha/Council Bluff /Lincoln.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Got this message a bit ago.

2222: SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area. See new phone offer at http://sprint.us/upgrade1 Reply S to stop

That message went out to many different markets in the country over the past week. We aren't sure what it means, if anything at this point.

Screen shots are much appreciated.

Come. Check Out premium member site.. You will be amazed how the site Pinpoints are located on map and it covers all site available in Omaha/Council Bluff /Lincoln.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Just wanted to say, for those that are hesitant to become a sponsor @drakeshreddy took the plunge and he, as we all were, is getting to see some really, REALLY neat stuff going on in our market.  We have had, I think 8 towers go live in the last 48hr and the trend should continue. Great things happening in our market! See below if you'd like to join us on the other side.  :tu:  :tu:

• Like 4

In the last 8-10 days about 30 LTE sites have been accepted. Mostly in Omaha. It was very badly needed.

So is the 150 towers of CDMA 800 service that was accepted considered completed and running then? I can't tell because I don't have an phone with 800 mhz service.

In the last 8-10 days about 30 LTE sites have been accepted. Mostly in Omaha. It was very badly needed.

So is the 150 towers of CDMA 800 service that was accepted considered completed and running then? I can't tell because I don't have an phone with 800 mhz service.

See the post above yours, then come to sponsor forum, then you'll see why you should get a phone that uses Sprints LTE and 800.  ;)

• Like 1

really do not appreciate the non-answer. I'm not looking for your little sponsor maps.

It is really condescending to act like you can't believe people won't just go out and spend $350+ for a new phone. 

He did answer your question, as best as he could. Sites that have been accepted for CDMA 1x800 service should be broadcasting the signal, yes, but it's not completely guaranteed. Very occasionally we come across a site that is broadcasting, but the signal is blocked, or the acceptance appears to have been in error, as upon further inspection the site may not be configured properly for 800 MHz service (e.g. GMOs).

This information if collected with the help of members who rely on those "little" sponsor maps (which wasn't condescending at all...) with the locations and official status of all local Sprint sites. Therefore, neither site-by-site details, nor such blanket statements as "all sites accepted are working as expected" can be provided in a public thread such as this one, even if we were sure of it.

What phone do you have? You do not need a smartphone to use 1x800. Every phone Sprint has released since September 2012 (and several before then) supports 1xA on 800 MHz. If you are a postpaid customer and are still using a phone that lacks CDMA Band Class 10 (800 MHz), then odds are you are already upgrade-eligible. If you do not wish to change to a "Framily" or other contract-free plan, I suggest you use it to get a new phone that supports that band, since you are paying a subsidy for it every month anyway. I also suggest you read through the FAQ thread, where this and other useful information is provided.

Finally, I'd advise you not to be so short with your fellow members if you wish to stick around to learn, contribute, or seek answers to your questions here. Just as in real life, a positive environment is most conducive to such activities. 

• Like 2

does it hurt to lie that much? he didnt answer anything. 150ish sites were accepted for 800 service. pretty much every site in this market. as im sure you know sprint has had quite an issue getting all their bands to play nicely. all I asked is if it was running. to claim that is a piece of info than can't publicly be discussed is categorically false and an outright lie. there is far more information in these public market posts than that.

Shocker.... your tone is not appreciated.

Gnoj and Mrrogers as well as many of the other members in this thread are some of this sties most active and respected members. 

Their answers have simply been following the sites rules. I'm sorry you don't like the answers.

• Like 3

if you have an android phone that supports voice on 800 (1x800) your phone will connect to it once it loses a signal on 1900 (1xRTT) once it gets on 1x800 it will stay on there until it loses a 1x800 signal and then it will switch back to 1xRTT if that's available. So yes, service is active, and no you don't have to do anything special, other than own a phone that supports it, to access it. 

• Like 1