Network Vision/LTE Market - West Iowa/Nebraska Market (Omaha/Council Bluffs/Lincoln)

TrentAllen

He said they have 15 crews in the area

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Adding to them getting so many towers done is the fact that the first few take longer. This has been observed in all markets where it goes slowly at first but picks up as the crews become familiar with the equipment and the checklist.

2u88Vnu.png

This is in the UNMC Durham Research Tower 2. I cannot get signal on 4G unless i switch it to LTE only. Otherwise it defaults to 3G. Any Idea where this tower might be?

edit: Must be getting ready to set it live or testing. I am currently only getting a 1x signal after airplane mode cycle

Posted Image

This is in the UNMC Durham Research Tower 2. I cannot get signal on 4G unless i switch it to LTE only. Otherwise it defaults to 3G. Any Idea where this tower might be?

edit: Must be getting ready to set it live or testing. I am currently only getting a 1x signal after airplane mode cycle

Could it be the tower we normally pick up as you drive by UNO? I have been able to get LTE, literally in the middle of no where due to elevation. I also saw that in St. Louis last weekend. Couldn't get LTE where we were walking around but go 675ft up into the Arch and have LTE. :)

Sent from my HTC d3rpONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

uploadfromtaptalk1376067510480.jpg

Any updates?

Just checked in on sponsor forums. nothing really to report, Omaha has been kind of dry lately for new towers. Hopefully we will get a whole mess of them lit up at once sometime soon.

Has anyone else seen something that I havent? Im specifically looking for the tower near boystown on dodge. I am in the neighborhood at 150th and dodge and my 3g signal is horrible in my house, maybe 1 or two bars at most always. looking forward to just getting some decent voice coverage in the house.

Also, is there any truth to the rumor that if you se ehrpd on signal check, that NV is coming soon?

Any updates?

Things slowed down. That said, a tower crew was spotted in the sponsor's section at a Sprint site in Omaha this week and fiber was being run to another (locations for both in the sponsor's section) so we know work is still going on.

Has anyone else seen something that I havent? Im specifically looking for the tower near boystown on dodge. I am in the neighborhood at 150th and dodge and my 3g signal is horrible in my house, maybe 1 or two bars at most always. looking forward to just getting some decent voice coverage in the house.
A site in that area should be one of the next ones to get worked on if the pattern holds.
Also, is there any truth to the rumor that if you se ehrpd on signal check, that NV is coming soon?
None. EHPRD has been deployed across the entire Sprint network. Every tower in Omaha should have it.

eHRPD should be on all towers but I have hit a couple with legacy EV-DO still. eHRPD is required to actually get the LTE on the towers. The way I understand it, is that it's actually the first of the NV upgrades as NV isn't "just" LTE. It's the updating of the whole network to consolidate technologies and allows for the LTE and 800 voice upgrades to happen.

*I could have misunderstood so don't hold me to the fire if I happen to be wrong. ^_^

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Hopefully we'll see some upgrades before the first football game.

I'm hoping for the same thing, just for basketball instead of football. I've had Nebraska season ticklets for several years now, and the Devaney Center has horrendous reception. I'd get there 2 hours before tip off, and service would be okay. But by tip off sending text messages or checking Twitter was pointless, because nothing would go through. I'm hoping PBA's cell service is more reliable.

I'm hoping for the same thing, just for basketball instead of football. I've had Nebraska season ticklets for several years now, and the Devaney Center has horrendous reception. I'd get there 2 hours before tip off, and service would be okay. But by tip off sending text messages or checking Twitter was pointless, because nothing would go through. I'm hoping PBA's cell service is more reliable.

Pinnacle bank Arena is getting it's own cell network inside the arena. IDK if they're doing anything for Devaney which is going to be used for Vball and other sports.

I was getting 4G LTE inside an apartment building around 50th and Dodge in Omaha this weekend. It was weak, but still there. I noticed on sensorly that hasn't been mapped. I wasn't able to map it. Won't be back there for at least a week.

Yes it is possible. Many of the Omaha sites are on the roof of buildings. Are you thinking of somewhere in particular?

We had a lady from the FCC stop by wanting info on our house because it was a historic house, and the needed it valued because they were going to be putting a cell tower on top a building down the street. The building the lady said was at the corner of Florence Blvd and Browne street. The building is called Florence towers.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

We had a lady from the FCC stop by wanting info on our house because it was a historic house, and the needed it valued because they were going to be putting a cell tower on top a building down the street. The building the lady said was at the corner of Florence Blvd and Browne street. The building is called Florence towers.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Sprint already has a site in the vicinity there. So far all of the Omaha LTE sites are upgrades to existing sites.