Network Vision/LTE Market - West Iowa/Nebraska Market (Omaha/Council Bluffs/Lincoln)

TrentAllen

• 2 months later...

What is taking sprint so long to turn on the band 41 towers they have completed in Lincoln? And what is the hold up for Omaha that's going to make it take another 3-6 months?

not all towers in lincoln are getting B41, but the ones that do have it installed are live, have been confirmed by members here. as far as i know there is no hold up for omaha, there have been new B41 installs sighted recently so things are progressing there.

So in some areas of the same city you'll get better speeds and capacity than others... sounds like a Sprint strategy.

So you expect every site to be magically upgraded and optimized on the same day? Come on man...

Even if they did somehow work that fast, there would almost certainly be some installation errors or injuries due to the workers being rushed.

So you expect every site to be magically upgraded and optimized on the same day? Come on man...

Even if they did somehow work that fast, there would almost certainly be some installation errors or injuries due to the workers being rus

Even if they did somehow work that fast, there would almost certainly be some installation errors or injuries due to the workers being rushed.

Well that's not even close to what I said, but don't let that stop you from making outlandish assumptions.

So in some areas  of the same city you'll get better speeds and capacity than others... sounds like a Sprint strategy.

Uh, yeah, since the implementation of adaptive modulation and scheduling mechanisms, that is the nature of every wireless network in existence.

You have a lot yet to learn...

AJ

Well that's not even close to what I said, but don't let that stop you from making outlandish assumptions.

Until every site is upgraded, obviously some sites will have more capacity/spectrum deployed than others...

• 3 months later...

Getting 26 mbps down, 15-ish up with 0-1 bar of Sprint LTE.

Lincoln isn't a Spark city, but seeing Spark-like speeds.

Is it normal for 3G to have more bars than LTE?

Got that on a LG G3 (sisters)

Edited by JordanBrandt

Getting 26 mbps down, 15-ish up with 0-1 bar of Sprint LTE.

Lincoln isn't a Spark city, but seeing Spark-like speeds.

Is it normal for 3G to have more bars than LTE?

Got that on a LG G3 (sisters)

hello and welcome :) no lincoln isn't an "official" spark city but B41 is deployed almost everywhere in lincoln. with those kinds of speeds and 0 to 1 bars you were probably on B41, the max you could get right now on B41 on an unused sector and full bars is around 78meg down.

for the most part yes its normal for 3G to have more bars than 4G, there are many factors to this but the main one is there are 3 different frequencies that LTE runs on and only 1 frequency 3G runs on, so depending on what band of LTE you are on you could have a stronger or weaker signal than 3G. for the most part though even a weak LTE signal is going to be faster than a strong 3G signal.

• Like 1

hello and welcome :) no lincoln isn't an "official" spark city but B41 is deployed almost everywhere in lincoln. with those kinds of speeds and 0 to 1 bars you were probably on B41, the max you could get right now on B41 on an unused sector and full bars is around 78meg down.

for the most part yes its normal for 3G to have more bars than 4G, there are many factors to this but the main one is there are 3 different frequencies that LTE runs on and only 1 frequency 3G runs on, so depending on what band of LTE you are on you could have a stronger or weaker signal than 3G. for the most part though even a weak LTE signal is going to be faster than a strong 3G signal.

Cool, thanks! I am really excited about switching to Sprint from Verizon! Love what they have to offer so far.

3 months ago you said "Not all towers in Lincoln are getting B41" Now you said "B41 is deployed almost everywhere in Lincoln" Did something change?

Cool, thanks! I am really excited about switching to Sprint from Verizon! Love what they have to offer so far.

On my LG G2 from the dialer if I dial ##debug## I can click on LTE engineering which shows the band I'm connected to. I'm not sure if this works on the G3 but it might be worth a try.

3 months ago you said "Not all towers in Lincoln are getting B41" Now you said "B41 is deployed almost everywhere in Lincoln" Did something change?

I think he meant to say "accessible" almost everywhere. 100% won't have B41 panels but if you have a capable device you should be able to latch onto B41 in many areas of the city.  

i was going off schedule information that we had received. now that time as passed it appears the schedule isn't really being adhered to as many towers that weren't scheduled to get B41 now have it and towers that were scheduled still don't. with that being said it still won't be every tower that gets B41, at least not initially. some towers have restrictions and they won't be able to install the B41 panels. 

and to be technical, "not all towers getting B41" and "B41 is deployed almost everywhere" don't really contradict each other ;) not all towers in lincoln have B41 and the ones that don't may or may not be getting B41 still, but most of the towers do have it. So its not everywhere but its almost everywhere :D just taking a guess looking at the maps i would say 50%-60% of the towers in lincoln have B41.

In many instances Sprint is exceeding their original B41 plans, and doing things faster than expected.  Nice change.

• Like 2

In many instances Sprint is exceeding their original B41 plans, and doing things faster than expected.  Nice change.

Hi, question, how do you have a Moto X2? Is this on Republic? Different carrier? Just wondering. Thanks

Hi, question, how do you have a Moto X2? Is this on Republic? Different carrier? Just wondering. Thanks

He has it on ATT since he resides in a non Sprint native region. 

• Like 1

Well, that's pretty cool that he started this forum then!

When I started S4GRU, I lived in a Sprint market.  But we have flourished despite my new South Dakota location far from the Sprint network.  Where I live, it is harder to get farther away from Sprint without getting closer.  :)

• Like 1

I agree exceeding their original plans at a faster rate would be a nice change. However having ONLY 50-60% of the towers ( a rough guess) with B41 is unaccepable. Hopefully they finish it out for complete coverage.

I agree exceeding their original plans at a faster rate would be a nice change. However having ONLY 50-60% of the towers ( a rough guess) with B41 is unaccepable. Hopefully they finish it out for complete coverage.

You read that as 50-60% is the final total? No... That's currently. They're far from finished.
  • Like 1