Sprint LTE Device Release Dates

MacinJosh

...Anyway back on topic, with 15 LTE devices deployed in 2012 anyone want to guess how many will be deployed for 2013.

So far we have 12 with 4 coming in the fall, that still leaves winter/end of year.

TS. 

Wow, Those are pretty good stats!

Speaking of stats, I used to keep the number of phones that Sprint deployed each month/year but stopped doing it last year.

Here is the doc.

If you see the months that Sprint spits out the most phones/devices is both April and Nov. and the most deployed year was 2011 with 32 devices. (But thats not counting 2012 which is when i stopped doing the updates)

maybe I should start updating that list too. 

TS

• Like 2

Speaking of stats, I used to keep the number of phones that Sprint deployed each month/year but stopped doing it last year.

Here is the doc.

If you see the months that Sprint spits out the most phones/devices is both April and Nov. and the most deployed year was 2011 with 32 devices. (But thats not counting 2012 which is when i stopped doing the updates)

maybe I should start updating that list too. 

TS

Ooh! I think you should pick it back up, but I do think that 2012 was slower than 2011, but maybe I'm wrong. Also, did you count Nextel devices? Hopefully not.

They are pretty good. But I think that Sprint could be a little more aggressive with devices that they could compete better with the likes of at&t and Verizon. I really think that Sprint and Nokia should patch things up and release a device. I hear that Lumia's have become quite popular lately.

Anyway back on topic, with 15 LTE devices deployed in 2012 anyone want to guess how many will be deployed for 2013.

So far we have 12 with 4 coming in the fall, that still leaves winter/end of year.

TS. 

I'm guessing at least another 4 or so.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if we should add the Galaxy S4 Mini as an announced smartphone based on FCC docs today.

It's already on there. It's listed under it's model name, the SPH-L520, but now I can add the FCC date to the Note for it's entry.

• Like 1

Motorola X set for release on Fri, Sept 6th.  You can add that to the spreadsheet for release date.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/05/moto-x-coming-to-sprint/

Done!

It's direct ship/ online only at launch according to the stuff Sprint is telling the stores. We wont have any in store tomorrow. Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

I'm quite surprised that they won't be in store. Disappointed, actually.

• Like 2

Can you add the Galaxy Note 3 as a place holder as well. Thanks.

I knew I was forgetting something. Thanks, check for it in the next 5 minutes!

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Wish Sprint would let us know what version, but knowing their past history it would probably be only 32GB.

TS

Since all the other carriers are selling the 32 gb version at $299, u can bet that sprint will only sell the 32 gb model.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

I doubt that will happen.  Sprint LTE is likely too niche for most laptop OEMs -- unless they are going for an all band configuration.  And I am not sure what is wrong with mobile broadband cards.  But mobile hotspots are where the action is, since they can be used with laptops, tablets, smartphones, cameras, etc.  Plus, they tend to be great RF performers.

AJ

They need to ink a deal with Google placing Sprint access on select chromebooks. I think google had a similar deal with Verizon.

Might want to add the HTC One Max to the list for November. In Android and WP8 flavor maybe.

If you have any rumors at all placing it on Sprints network I will definitely add it.

EDIT: I will add it since evleaks recanted about the LG D820 this morning. And I just read the One Max forum and saw posted that he said the One Max is coming to Sprint.

If you have any rumors at all placing it on Sprints network I will definitely add it.

Yes, "Rumours" is a great, legendary album.  But S4GRU needs to be careful about transacting rumors because we value our credibility above all else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvVznAb9-Ss

AJ

• Like 1

Yes, "Rumours" is a great, legendary album. But S4GRU needs to be careful about transacting rumors because we value our credibility above all else.

AJ

Most of the devices I add are based on rumors. Anything I find that is certified for Sprint I add, but so far it's only based on model number sequencing from existing Sprint model numbers.