Sprint LTE Device Release Dates

MacinJosh

Don't forget about the Motorola XT1056.

Wait! What? Did I miss something later in the day?

Oh, that was today! I can't maintain a stable connection long enough to browse the FCC database tonight. I'll try when I get back to California.

Thanks for posting!

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Is the Kyocera Hydro on this list?

As far as I can tell, it's not an LTE phone. When the FCC docs come up and show LTE, I will add it to the list. But I do like the fact that Sprint is getting more rugged devices.

Josh, it would be nice if the hotspots (and even tablets) were in the table that you have just to have an easy view of which devices  support which LTE bands.  You could just put N/A (or -- or whatever) in the SVDO and SVLTE columns.

• Like 2

Josh, it would be nice if the hotspots (and even tablets) were in the table that you have just to have an easy view of which devices  support which LTE bands.  You could just put N/A (or -- or whatever) in the SVDO and SVLTE columns.

I haven't had time to update the table, or the internet connection to do so until today, so later tonight I will add it.

• Like 2

Is the Kyocera Hydro on this list?

It's official. The Kyocera Hydro doesn't have LTE support, as the FCC docs posted yesterday. I should start a 3G based list, but I've been more interested in Sprint's LTE line of phones.

If anyone wants me to start a 3G smartphone based list for the smartphones that don't have LTE, please like this post. Thanks!

• Like 2

If anyone wants me to start a 3G smartphone based list for the smartphones that don't have LTE, please like this post. Thanks!

¬Like.  Now, look up what that means in symbolic logic.

:P

AJ

• Like 1

I'm shocked that Sprint would but out a smart phone that is not LTE capable, I figured they would still have feature phones that were 3G or the psuedo smartphones that were 3G...

I added the Broadband LTE devices in their own table under the first. I will try to clean up the OP when I have time and figure out how to build a table on this forum that will stick.

• Like 2

I added the Broadband LTE devices in their own table under the first. I will try to clean up the OP when I have time and figure out how to build a table on this forum that will stick.

Thanks Josh.  Looks good and very handy!   :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

Does having a tri-band LTE phone really matter? I'm in silicon valley and was about to get an S4 (since it doesn't look like Sprint is getting a Lumia anytime soon). I don't want to pay (an estimated) $299 for a Note 3 (although I do like the bigger screen) and $199 after rebates seems "reasonable" for the S4. Do I need to worry that my current S4 won't have the updated LTE chip? According to your chart, I can still talk on the phone and use LTE data, correct? 

I don't plan on using the phone for international travel, perhaps VERY minor (ie. maybe a couple times in the next two years) use out of CA. Will my overall speeds improve with the updated LTE chip? Should I wait for it?

Does having a tri-band LTE phone really matter? I'm in silicon valley and was about to get an S4 (since it doesn't look like Sprint is getting a Lumia anytime soon). I don't want to pay (an estimated) $299 for a Note 3 (although I do like the bigger screen) and $199 after rebates seems "reasonable" for the S4. Do I need to worry that my current S4 won't have the updated LTE chip? According to your chart, I can still talk on the phone and use LTE data, correct?

I don't plan on using the phone for international travel, perhaps VERY minor (ie. maybe a couple times in the next two years) use out of CA. Will my overall speeds improve with the updated LTE chip? Should I wait for it?

I'm not the expert on chipsets and cell spectrum, but if you need a new phone now, then get the S4, but if you can wait until fall to get the S4 tri-band, then wait for it. SMR800 LTE has the advantage of greater in-building penetration for signal vs 1900 PCS G that Sprint is using for the current LTE network. And yes, the S4 does have SVLTE. All LTE phones except the iPhone 5 have SVLTE.

I'm not the expert on chipsets and cell spectrum, but if you need a new phone now, then get the S4, but if you can wait until fall to get the S4 tri-band, then wait for it. SMR800 LTE has the advantage of greater in-building penetration for signal vs 1900 PCS G that Sprint is using for the current LTE network. And yes, the S4 does have SVLTE. All LTE phones except the iPhone 5 have SVLTE.

Thank you. 

So far, my 4s often has issues getting a decent data signal indoors or in the train tunnels. You're saying the new s4 variant will not have these issues or will have mitigated it significantly?

If that is the case, I don't mind waiting for the new version to come out if it's within 90 days.

Edited by rebelx

Thank you.

So far, my 4s often has issues getting a decent data signal indoors or in the train tunnels. You're saying the new s4 variant will not have these issues or will have mitigated it significantly?

If that is the case, I don't mind waiting for the new version to come out if it's within 90 days.

I'm going to guess something like mid-October for Tri-Band LTE phones. The data cards are slated for a summer release, and summer lasts until September.

Argh, mid-October is not good. That's almost mid-cycle for the s4, and then I'll be wanting the s5 or equivalent. It ostensibly should be cheaper, however. Maybe the Note 3 will be out by then?

I'm going to guess something like mid-October for Tri-Band LTE phones. The data cards are slated for a summer release, and summer lasts until September.

Argh, mid-October is not good. That's almost mid-cycle for the s4, and then I'll be wanting the s5 or equivalent. It ostensibly should be cheaper, however. Maybe the Note 3 will be out by then?

Not sure. I'm thinking possibly if they stick to the Galaxy Note 2 release schedule, then it'll be late October.

Sprint Vital made by ZTE (meh) being reported on Engadget.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I added that the other day. Glad to see more sites are reporting it. Hopefully it'll get a release soon.

Today Sprint announced June 14 availability of the LG Optimus F3. Phone is model LS720. Specifics include 'Advanced Accessibility options for the visually impaired.

Glad to see Sprint reaching out to help those who can't see very well, or at all.

• Like 3

Added the HTC Windows Phone and the Sprint Vital by ZTE passed thru the FCC today. I'm thinking an official announcement will be in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

Added the HTC Windows Phone and the Sprint Vital by HTC passed thru the FCC today. I'm thinking an official announcement will be in the coming weeks.

You mean Vital by ZTE. And, Josh, do you have any info on the Sprint variant Motorola handset that hit the FCC OET about two weeks ago? I encountered it earlier tonight.

AJ

Added the HTC Windows Phone and the Sprint Vital by HTC passed thru the FCC today. I'm thinking an official announcement will be in the coming weeks.

You mean Vital by ZTE. And, Josh, do you have any info on the Sprint variant Motorola handset that hit the FCC OET about two weeks ago? I encountered it earlier tonight.

AJ

Thanks for catching that AJ. And no, I don't have details for the Motorola. I think it only has SVLTE, if I remember. I'll try to remember to sit down and look at it again.

Yes, both the HTC and Motorola handsets support SVLTE but not SVDO -- as expected by this point.

AJ

• Like 1