Sprint LTE Device Release Dates

MacinJosh

Evleaks posted on twitter 2 days ago that Sprint will be getting the Galaxy S4 mini. From existing rumors, the SPH-L520 could very well be the GS4 mini.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

Evleaks posted on twitter 2 days ago that Sprint will be getting the Galaxy S4 mini. From existing rumors, the SPH-L520 could very well be the GS4 mini.

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/367815559171162112

Very, very interesting. But, personally, at this point, if it doesn't have tri-band LTE support, I'm not interested! 

• Like 2

Updated the Original Post to include the awesome table that twospirits (aka Dave) put together.

Josh.  Might I suggest that for the SVDO, SVLTE, LTE 1900, LTE 800 and LTE 2600 rows in the table that if the technology does not exist for that device to add a "NO" instead of some cells that say "NO" and some cells that are grayed out.  It just looks weird to me.  I would much rather see a "NO" for all the grayed out cells instead of just "blanks" so it looks like a complete table.  

Also you can add the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 to this list.  I wonder how much this is going to cost as a mid range.  Could be $99 or $149. 

• Like 1

Josh. Might I suggest that for the SVDO, SVLTE, LTE 1900, LTE 800 and LTE 2600 rows in the table that if the technology does not exist for that device to add a "NO" instead of some cells that say "NO" and some cells that are grayed out. It just looks weird to me. I would much rather see a "NO" for all the grayed out cells instead of just "blanks" so it looks like a complete table.

Also you can add the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 to this list. I wonder how much this is going to cost as a mid range. Could be $99 or $149.

That can be modified to say all no's instead of gray. And I will try to add the Galaxy Mega in a little while when I'm on the road to work.

• Like 1

That can be modified to say all no's instead of gray. And I will try to add the Galaxy Mega in a little while when I'm on the road to work.

Thanks.  I think this change would help out most folks who are curious since its very clear that a "NO" means not supported.

Changed made as requested.

Also...

added N/A to those cells to indicate Not Available and

added Unk to those cells to indicate Unknown at this time.

TS

Thanks. I was working all day and wasn't by my computer.

A new Sprint tablet by Samsung was filed in the FCC yesterday. Model number is SM-T217S. It only supports LTE Band 25, which is Sprint's original LTE band.

Source: FCC OET https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=201135&fcc_id=A3LSMT217S

• Like 4

With 2 ipads and 1 Galaxy Tab 10.1 currently being offered, I am curious as to what this one would be. Will it be a Note 10.1. a new Tab, or dare I say it The Book Q, naa, thats crazy talk on my part. lol

But seriously, they need more tablets, laptops etc on that Sprint page.

TS

If this page is to be believed, this could be the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0.

http://www.zauba.com/import-SAMSUNG+TABLET+SM-hs-code.html

Also, here is the Bluetooth certification page: http://www.bluetooth.com/Pages/Product-Listing-Detail.aspx?ProductID=30344

This pretty much confirms it. Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 could be coming to Sprint very soon.

http://ameblo.jp/povtc/entry-11597773493.html

Edited by MacinJosh
  • Like 2

Approved today by the FCC OET:

A BandRich BandLuxe M530S LTE/EVDO/CDMA modem module with Tri-Band LTE for future laptop(s) destined to be brought to Sprint.

• Like 1

Approved today by the FCC OET:

A BandRich BandLuxe M530S LTE/EVDO/CDMA modem module with Tri-Band LTE for future laptop(s) destined to be brought to Sprint.

Ooh, BandRich.  I would be a proud owner of that one.

AJ

AJ never jokes around, J. Never. Ever.

He does all the time, we all know that, but it's usually accompanied by an emoticon, that's why I was asking this time.

He does all the time, we all know that, but it's usually accompanied by an emoticon, that's why I was asking this time.

An emoticon ruins deadpan humor.

AJ

An emoticon ruins deadpan humor.

AJ

Ah, ok.

I would actually like to see Sprint release more laptops capable of using their LTE Internet. Mobile broadband cards aren't all that, as we all know.

• Like 2

I would actually like to see Sprint release more laptops capable of using their LTE Internet. Mobile broadband cards aren't all that, as we all know.

I doubt that will happen.  Sprint LTE is likely too niche for most laptop OEMs -- unless they are going for an all band configuration.  And I am not sure what is wrong with mobile broadband cards.  But mobile hotspots are where the action is, since they can be used with laptops, tablets, smartphones, cameras, etc.  Plus, they tend to be great RF performers.

AJ

• Like 1

I doubt that will happen. Sprint LTE is likely too niche for most laptop OEMs -- unless they are going for an all band configuration. And I am not sure what is wrong with mobile broadband cards. But mobile hotspots are where the action is, since they can be used with laptops, tablets, smartphones, cameras, etc. Plus, they tend to be great RF performers.

AJ

That's true, but there are some people who don't like to share their Internet service with their friends. Notice I said "cards", not hotspots. I feel USB mobile broadband devices fall into the cards category because they have to be plugged into the computer, which puts them at risk for breakage, which I have done more than once over the years.

I feel USB mobile broadband devices fall into the cards category because they have to be plugged into the computer, which puts them at risk for breakage, which I have done more than once over the years.

Ouch, you broke your dongle?  Yeah, no guy wants to break off his dongle.

:P

AJ

• Like 6

Now there is that emoticon. it came back. :P 

I am also one of those that wouldn't mind seeing more laptops with LTE, but I guess a dongle would do to.

I'm still using the Dell 11Z/1121 that Sprint offered a few years ago. Although it is on its last leg.

Dying to get the Samsung Q but if they don't get that patent issue fix, it may never come out.  :mad:

Anyway back on topic, with 15 LTE devices deployed in 2012 anyone want to guess how many will be deployed for 2013.

So far we have 12 with 4 coming in the fall, that still leaves winter/end of year.

TS. 

• Like 1