Sprint LTE Device Release Dates

MacinJosh

Thanks. I'll try to get to the update this week. Problems at home and traveling have kept me from my normal stuff.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Updated list. Will update table for phone list in the next few days. Too many crazy things happening. (Friend passed away on Saturday.)

• Like 2

The Netgear Zing Mobile Hotspot passed thru the FCC yesterday, July 3! It's almost time for release! Yay!

So, how long do you think before the release?

How do you think this compares to the new LTE Mifi?  I have the Mifi 4082 and want to upgrade, but don't know which one I like better, from the limited amount of into that I've seen about both.  I was tending towards NOT getting the Mifi, because of issues I've had with my current one - like random, frequent disconnects while web browsing.  I don't know if it's something with my device, or just the way it is designed to work, but it's my only source of internet at home and random disconnects are annoying.  However, I should note that I bought it used on ebay, so perhaps that could have something to do with it.

I'm hoping to see LTE turned on at the tower nearest my house any day, and plan on taking a trip to the Sprint store that day, to buy the newest hotspot, if it's released yet.

Josh, I think the HTC 8XT phone is going to be released on July 19th.  There are several places confirming this.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2421508,00.asp

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/htc-8xt-sprint/

Thanks. I just saw it on phonenews.com

Josh, I think the HTC 8XT phone is going to be released on July 19th.  There are several places confirming this.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2421508,00.asp

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/htc-8xt-sprint/

Thanks. I just saw it on phonenews.com

You guys need not have looked very far...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3964-htc-8xt-windows-phone-discussion-thread-was-new-htc-wp8-for-sprint/?p=165731

AJ

• Like 2

I was up in the mountains yesterday. Hadn't had a chance to look at everything on here.

I was up in the mountains yesterday. Hadn't had a chance to look at everything on here.

My post is from today. So, Grizzly Adams, what you were doing yesterday matters not.

AJ

• Like 1

The Samsung SPH-I800 passed thru the FCC today. It appears to be the Ativ S Neo according to other reports I read online.

SVLTE only phone. Has GSM 850, 1900, and UMTS 1900. I'm sure it's a quad-band GSM/Tri-Band UMTS roaming capable device.

• Like 2

Rumor has it that HTC will be doing a refresh of the HTC one later this year. I know its not a good source buthttp://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/07/10/htc-one-updated-version-coming-2013/Sent from my HTC ONE using Tapatalk 2

Has Sprint ever gotten a "refreshed" version of a flagship device it already carries? Meaning before the next year's model. I know all the manufacturers will produce these One X+, GS2-LTE etc but it seems that it is an extra chore to produce a CDMA variant for Sprint, and as far as I know Sprint has never been inclined to push for one. So I have the same skepticism here as with the idea of a triband LTE GS4 coming to Sprint.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Following up on the Tri-Band Broadband Data devices, The Novatel MiFi 5580 '500' LTE received FCC approval yesterday. All that's left is a release day from Sprint!

:cool:

Update: Sprint officially announced July 19 as the release date for all 3 Tri-Band LTE devices! :D

• Like 7

Will trib-band hotspot devices work on 800LTE now wherever 800 voice is turned on, like IL and PA markets?

No, you will have to wait until 800LTE is turned on.  Right now the only things we know for sure that is turned on is CDMA 800.  Of course, they could be broadcasting LTE on 800MHz but noone can see it since there are no devices that support it.   :)  We haven't seen any reports or evidence that LTE on 800MHz has been turned on anywhere yet.

Following up on the Tri-Band Broadband Data devices, The Novatel MiFi 5580 '500' LTE received FCC approval yesterday. All that's left is a release day from Sprint!

:cool:

Update: Sprint officially announced July 19 as the release date for all 3 Tri-Band LTE devices! :D

Curious to see if the internal web page will show what band it is on.

• Like 1

Curious to see if the internal web page will show what band it is on.

I'd like to know too. I might pick one up the next time I go to LA to test it out and see.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I found this in an article at eweek.com about the Mifi 500 LTE:

"The MiFi 500 LTE includes Novatel software enhancements to the MiFi Technology Platform that extend usage time through more efficient use of battery capacity. MiFi users on platforms with the enhanced software features will also be able to download files over the Internet faster with MiFi models enhanced with Novatel’s software for Content Delivery Optimization (CDO). By utilizing optimized firmware on the MiFi technology platform, CDO can accelerate download speeds by as much as 30 percent beyond the 4G LTE capabilities of MiFi products. - See more at: http://www.eweek.com/mobile/sprint-novatel-partner-on-mifi-500-lte-mobile-wifi-hotspot/#sthash.wEeLTwS1.dpuf"

What do you suppose that even means?

I found this in an article at eweek.com about the Mifi 500 LTE:

"The MiFi 500 LTE includes Novatel software enhancements to the MiFi Technology Platform that extend usage time through more efficient use of battery capacity. MiFi users on platforms with the enhanced software features will also be able to download files over the Internet faster with MiFi models enhanced with Novatel’s software for Content Delivery Optimization (CDO). By utilizing optimized firmware on the MiFi technology platform, CDO can accelerate download speeds by as much as 30 percent beyond the 4G LTE capabilities of MiFi products. - See more at: http://www.eweek.com/mobile/sprint-novatel-partner-on-mifi-500-lte-mobile-wifi-hotspot/#sthash.wEeLTwS1.dpuf"

What do you suppose that even means?

Transparent proxy compression, most likely.

And what does that mean?  Haha.

You get your downloads directly from the NSA.  :secret:

Why take the time and bandwidth to go get the content directly from the source if you can just grab it from the NSA's all knowing system.  And by getting it from the NSA you help save them some storage as they don't have to de-duplicate the information since they already have it. ;)

• Like 3

Updated the list to include the new LG LS980. Hopefully we will have a release date in September or October for the first LTE Tri-Band phones.

• Like 4

Anyone pick up a new hotspot yet?  I ordered the new Mifi 500 LTE.  It came today.  It won't activate.  After 2 hours on the phone, Sprint says it's defective and they're sending me another one.  Except now it's on back order ... I just ordered it yesterday!

• Like 1