Network Vision/LTE - Hawaii Market (including Honolulu, Oahu and all Hawaiian Islands)

markjcc

Was having strange gps issues in Waikiki tonight, network data placed me on Kauai and my wife on the big island, wonder if they messed up on a tower lol

Used to happen to me all the time at Moanalua Shopping Center. GPS would show me in Lahaina, Maui.

don't think Softbank could be strapped for cash when they want to buy DreamWorks studios

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

And own a chunk of Alibaba. (I think they're buying DreamWorks so they can repair Sprint's branding. They'll rename the company Shrek.)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by 808Bill

And own a chunk of Alibaba. (I think they're buying DreamWorks so they can repair Sprint's branding. They'll rename the company Shrek.)

Or do tons of product placement in the movies lol

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Anyone know if any 4G LTE upgrades are happening on Maui? Seems to be only Oahu and the Big Island are having signs of LTE soon

Sensorly shows some purple goodness from one active tower in Kaanapali.

It won't be long before HI market is completed.  We have word crews from San Diego are out there in HI finishing up NV 1.0.

Sadly they are probably going to be here for a while. Looking at the permit map Maui only has one tower on the west side done or near done. I couldn't find any permits myself for any of the others and the lead time on a build permit like this is ~12-14 months. Some other islands are all but done or just waiting on backhaul. I'm not sure whats going on with Maui, their permitting system has been abused before so some things take longer and they are still understaffed from the 2008 bolivian marching powder induced recession. Fingers crossed the permitting system is just broken again and theres loads of work been done that we don't know about!

Not sure what the status of CSFB/eCSFB here in the rollout.  But my wife got an iPhone 6 on Sunday, and is updated to 8.0.2.  But when the Phone is on LTE, she often cannot receive calls.  I can see it sometimes gets kicked to 1x (from LTE) when I call her, sometimes it rings, but sometimes it still miss the call (not ringing) even on 1x.

Since receiving call is very important on a PHONE, I turned off LTE for now.   Also, 8.0.2 doesn't seem to have the Personal Hotspot option in Cellular Data menu in the Settings app anymore?

Unfortunately, Maui only has lte in the Napili area.  Worked pretty good for me when I was there the other day.  Too bad I'm hardly in the area.  The guy at the Sprint store said Haiku would be the next one lit.  Didn't say when.  But damn, Haiku of all places.