Network Vision/LTE - Hawaii Market (including Honolulu, Oahu and all Hawaiian Islands)

markjcc

February 2015 sounds pretty realistic for LTE launch. But the coverage will grow slowly between now and then.

Well, the towers closest to home, work, and my mother-in-law are all up and running LTE, so they can take their time with the rest. I'm happy. ????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well, the towers closest to home, work, and my mother-in-law are all up and running LTE, so they can take their time with the rest. I'm happy. ????

Some of us have all the luck, the rest of us have 1xRTT[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I took a look at the building permits on Oahu, and most of them are now "Inspection(s) in Progress".  Two months ago, it was mostly "Permit approved to issue" or "Plans review in progress".

Looks like the contractors are mostly done with NV 1.0 ... Hopefully the back haul will pop up.

I have a map in the sponsor's section.

• Like 2

I got what seems to be Lte spark on my HTC one max today ( I've never seen the icon kit up on my phone before. But it was LTE WITH THE SPARK EMBLEM NEXT TO IT.) I was in alewa heights . Didn't get a chance to speed test because it switched back to 3g before I got the app to run

• Like 1

I got what seems to be Lte spark on my HTC one max today ( I've never seen the icon kit up on my phone before. But it was LTE WITH THE SPARK EMBLEM NEXT TO IT.) I was in alewa heights . Didn't get a chance to speed test because it switched back to 3g before I got the app to run

All forms of LTE will result in the spark symbol.

Download signal check pro. It has a logging mechanism so you can keep track of all sites you encounter.

I live right by ice palace going towards the H1-H201 and this morning LTE flicked on for a second. Then, my way back home getting off at the Halawa exit I got a 13mb down LTE connection. I did a speed test but, unfortunately, I do not know how to map on Sensorly. Glad to see an LTE connection. I have also noticed 3G speeds have improved as well in the Halawa, Kaka'ako, and Ala Moana areas. Can't wait to see Spark as well.

I've been mapping as I drive my taxi. I've been getting LTE signals consistently in Kaneohe and right around my house in Alewa. Last night, I also got a signal on H-1 by Punchbowl. that totally surprised me. I have no idea what tower that would be.

Buy signal check pro, and it will show you the gci. That way you can tell which tower you are connected to.

Post screenshots of signal check pro.

Laie has LTE. I was getting downloads in the 20's. I did a speed test on sensorly but I don't know how to map. I wonder if Honolulu will see any pop ups? I hope hope hope ha

Sprint/Network is showing new LTE towers in Kahuku, Kaneohe (Tamashiro Hardware), and Mapunapuna. Plenty mapping to do tomorrow. Chee hoo!

• Like 3

Laie has LTE. I was getting downloads in the 20's. I did a speed test on sensorly but I don't know how to map. I wonder if Honolulu will see any pop ups? I hope hope hope ha

If you're using an iPhone then you can't map unfortunately.

Looks like the Valley Isle is receiving some LTE love. There's a tower in Kaanapali spreading some purple goodness on Sensorly.

Yeah,  sadly the only one on the west side unless the rumors about 505 were true (no permits on file ). Glad to see some progress! 

Ii see it pop up once in a great while around alewa but always switches back to 3g once I try to speed test it.

If you're on a triband device, turn off band 26 & 41. Until they get ecsfb working with those bands, it'll keep kicking you to 3g. Seems to work for me

Edited by GrappleFu