LG Optimus G

khammondnm

Anyone runnin cm10.2 from xda on their LGOG?

Yes. I flashed the 8/19 version a few weeks ago and have stayed on that build. Performance is fantastic. It crashed once or twice early on but hasn't in over a week. I guess it's a bit risky if you use your phone as an alarm clock.

Overall highly recommended. I am a little down about not being able to use ESPN app now that I'm rooted, but it was worth it to get Google Music functioning. Plus, black status bar ftw.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

How is battery life?

Great, I think there are real improvements in 4.3. Will still have problems if I am indoors with a low signal the phone will get hot and run down the battery. I usually put it in airplane mode in those places.

Did you have that issue on stock or have you only noticed that with AOSP?

That has happened for me on every phone, regardless of ROM. I think it just has to do with the state of Sprint's network in my area. But it makes it hard to fairly evaluate battery life.

How is the RF performance on this phone?  I am considering getting the LG G2 but I don't know how the original model panned out.  Can someone share their experience with this phone, the good and the bad.  How is the Android software support on this phone?

• Like 1

I paid $265 when it was new in box.  After just a week of use, I would not mind getting $200 out of it.

AJ

Why did you just use it for only 1 week?  What was your experience with the LG OG?  How was the RF performance?

Forget it, I figured it out.  3845#*970#   is the code to get into the secret menu. Find IOT Hidden menu -> System Selection->Network mode -> LTE Only

Anyone know how to put the phone just in LTE mode. 

Hi everyone,

I've read that the LG Optimus G Sprint's handset does have the capabilities for 800 mhz, LTE-A etc. Please explain to me specifics if this is not the case, I maybe misreading into the specs on the device capabilities. 

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/LG-Optimus-G-Sprint_id7100

Hi everyone,

I've read that the LG Optimus G Sprint's handset does have the capabilities for 800 mhz, LTE-A etc. Please explain to me specifics if this is not the case, I maybe misreading into the specs on the device capabilities. 

Yes the Sprint LG Optimus G does have CDMA 800 capabilities which means that the phone is able to use the low band frequency for voice for better coverage indoors.  However for LTE, this is not the case, the Sprint LG Optimus G only supports single band LTE 1900 which means that this phone won't be able to take advantage of the other LTE bands that Sprint is going to deploy for LTE such as LTE 800 and LTE 2600.  

The new model LG G2 (which replaces the LG Optimus G) that is coming out has triband LTE capabilities which means it is able to use LTE 800, LTE 1900 and LTE 2600 for great coverage, building penetration and speeds.

Hi everyone,

It doesn't support LTE-A, for that you need the latest chips (like the one in the G2).

It doesn't support LTE-A, for that you need the latest chips (like the one in the G2).

Yes the Sprint LG Optimus G does have CDMA 800 capabilities which means that the phone is able to use the low band frequency for voice for better coverage indoors.  However for LTE, this is not the case, the Sprint LG Optimus G only supports single band LTE 1900 which means that this phone won't be able to take advantage of the other LTE bands that Sprint is going to deploy for LTE such as LTE 800 and LTE 2600.  

The new model LG G2 (which replaces the LG Optimus G) that is coming out has triband LTE capabilities which means it is able to use LTE 800, LTE 1900 and LTE 2600 for great coverage, building penetration and speeds.

Thank you gentlemen, that clears things up.  :tu:

Fix for sms issues and some other stuff.

Hi,

Before that update, I was able to dial *#*#4636#*#*, go into phone information, and then be able to toggle LTE only mode.  Now I get this "Note This application does not work on this device."

Is there any way to get around this to be able to easily access LTE only mode?

Notes, I have the MSL for my phone, but I dislike going through that ##3282# menu because it makes my phone restart.  I prefer only to root as a last resort.

Thanks

Hi,

Before that update, I was able to dial *#*#4636#*#*, go into phone information, and then be able to toggle LTE only mode.  Now I get this "Note This application does not work on this device."

Is there any way to get around this to be able to easily access LTE only mode?

Notes, I have the MSL for my phone, but I dislike going through that ##3282# menu because it makes my phone restart.  I prefer only to root as a last resort.

Thanks

Forget it, I figured it out.  3845#*970#   is the code to get into the secret menu. Find IOT Hidden menu -> System Selection->Network mode -> LTE Only

Anyone know how to put the phone just in LTE mode. 

I just read the post; I got to the menu, but I see no option for "System Selection."

It got taken out with the update too. At this time I haven't come across at a way as of yet. I'll post it if I do.

I just read the post; I got to the menu, but I see no option for "System Selection."

• Like 1

Tried the Radio Info menu item in SignalCheck? That might be a back way into that screen.

That system shortcut is essentially the same as going through the dialer (*#*#4636#*#*), which was blocked by the update.

Any other suggestions?  It's annoying that LG blocked lte only mode knowing that every other sprint lte phone has the mode easily accessible.

Thank you

Edited by always_learner

If anyone still running this phone with aosp 4.3 roms. Go to xda and check out Nieghborhoodhacker kernel. He is adding more governors and features to the kernel. Making our phone lagfree and battery saver all in one.

• 1 month later...

I got my first taste of LTE last night. My mother in law came to visit and she wanted to get rid of T-Mobile. We took her to Best Buy and signed her up for my family plan and got her the Optimus G since it was the best free phone offered. She is coming from a flip phone, so she is getting used to using a modern Android device. I downloaded a 92 mb update over LTE in under 20 seconds. I wanted to do a speedtest, but we haven't set up her gmail account to use the play store yet. It's pretty awesome. The Optimus G seems to be a nice phone, too. I personally like the heft it has in the hand. It has a nice understated look without being plain.

Lol you gave her a phone more powerful than your EVO LTE

I got my first taste of LTE last night. My mother in law came it visit and she wanted to get rid of T-Mobile. We took her to Best Buy and signed her up for my family plan and got her the Optimus G since it was the best free phone offered. She is coming from a flip phone, so she is getting used to using a modern Android device. I downloaded a 92 mb update over LTE in under 20 seconds. I wanted to do a speedtest, but we haven't set up her gmail account to use the play store yet. It's pretty awesome. The Optimus G seems to be a nice phone, too. I personally like the heft it has in the hand. It has a nice understated look without being plain.

Lol you gave her a phone more powerful than your EVO LTE

Yeah, well once my G2 arrives, I will rectify that. Just nice to see how LTE coverage is in my town since my phone doesn't have it. I am a bit jealous, though.

Yeah, well once my G2 arrives, I will rectify that. Just nice to see how LTE coverage is in my town since my phone doesn't have it. I am a bit jealous, though.

Yea another tower in the busy part of my city that has had its 3G upgrade got updated to LTE 2 days ago. Its getting better by the month.