LG Optimus G

khammondnm

Does the Optimus G support HD Voice? If not, where is a comprehensive list of the handsets that support this feature?

and ones that support 800 (I assume only 1x mode, none support lte correct?)

[sorry to have semi-hijacked this thread]

What roms are you guys running? I have been debating whther to go aosp or stick with my stock rom/with liberty evolved kernel.

Any thoughts form the s4gru community?

What roms are you guys running? I have been debating whther to go aosp or stick with my stock rom/with liberty evolved kernel.

Ah, I hated the kernel with his wee, beady eyes and that smug look on his face...

AJ

• Like 1

Ah, I hated the kernel with his wee, beady eyes and that smug look on his face...

AJ

One of my favorite scenes from one of my favorite movies.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

And now we know the origin of Robert's fortnightly fried chicken craving...

:P

AJ

• Like 2

I've been running nexOGen for a week now. It's the best custom rom I've tried so far. It is stock based so it keeps the engineering screens and debug menus. Stock camera app and gps works great.

Robert, you promised to bring your bagpipes and perform this at the S4GRU Golf Classic in Tahoe next month, right?

AJ

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Found an Optimus G on Craigslist for $100 and I am looking for a quick phone to test LTE in the area, as I am currently on an iPhone4S.

Is $100 a good deal on this phone? How well does it pick up LTE signal?

Thanks!

Found an Optimus G on Craigslist for $100 and I am looking for a quick phone to test LTE in the area, as I am currently on an iPhone4S.

Sounds like a very good deal, assuming the ESN is clean. On Swappa they seem to be going for $160-200 in very good shape. All reports suggest it's an LTE champ and the CPU is a beast.

I'm debating getting one now, or holding out to use my upgrade in January for the G2 or whatever ends up being the best triband performer then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks!

If its in good condition and has a clean ESN, that's a steal.

If anyone is interested, I have a perfect condition LG Optimus G that I would be willing to sell.  It was new in a sealed box when I bought it three weeks ago.  I used it for a week for testing purposes, and now it is back in the box.  It also has root level access.

AJ

If anyone is interested, I have a perfect condition LG Optimus G that I would be willing to sell. It was new in a sealed box when I bought it three weeks ago. I used it for a week for testing purposes, and now it is back in the box. It also has root level access.

AJ

Hmm.. Might be a good backup phone for my lines. You taking bids?

Hmm.. Might be a good backup phone for my lines. You taking bids?

I paid $265 when it was new in box.  After just a week of use, I would not mind getting $200 out of it.

AJ

If anyone is interested, I have a perfect condition LG Optimus G that I would be willing to sell.  It was new in a sealed box when I bought it three weeks ago.  I used it for a week for testing purposes, and now it is back in the box.  It also has root level access.

AJ

Wait Wait Wait... Is this the first step on transforming S4GRU into a marketplace to sell used phones?  :P

Wait Wait Wait... Is this the first step on transforming S4GRU into a marketplace to sell used phones?  :P

I would prefer not -- unless we decide to dedicate a sub forum or thread to that end. But I think staff get a little bit of leeway, especially if we shell out for some devices solely for testing purposes.

AJ

I would prefer not -- unless we decide to dedicate a sub forum or thread to that end. But I think staff get a little bit of leeway, especially if we shell out for some devices solely for testing purposes.

AJ

I'm just messing with you.  :D

I'm just messing with you. :D

Oh, I know. But a device "swap meet" might not be a bad idea. It would just need to have its own area in The Forums, probably limited to sponsors.

AJ

• Like 2

Oh, I know. But a device "swap meet" might not be a bad idea. It would just need to have its own area in The Forums, probably limited to sponsors.

AJ

A swap meet wouldn't be a bad idea. But I would prefer S4GRU to stay away from selling and buying phones (shipping them), as it can create a lot of havoc, attract scammers, etc. I say leave it all at howardforums, swappa, and others. Staff of course should be free to sell whatever they want of course.

A swap meet wouldn't be a bad idea. But I would prefer S4GRU to stay away from selling and buying phones (shipping them), as it can create a lot of havoc, attract scammers, etc. I say leave it all at howardforums, swappa, and others. Staff of course should be free to sell whatever they want of course.

This could be great, I have several handsets I need to unload. I was going through boxes today preparing to move and came across this vintage Motorola analog handset.

image.jpg

• Like 2