LG Optimus G

khammondnm

I love my LGOG. Best smartphone from LG ever.

As far as Robert is concerned, AGOG might be a better nickname for this handset.

:P

AJ

• Like 1

I went to a Sprint store yesterday to investigate the HTC One because of the pre-registration offer they had. The HTC was buried in the corner of the store, whereas LG had the big table in the middle. I thought the Optimus G was by far the best device in the store. Will probably pick one up next week when my contract is up.

Edit: unless there are any surprises at CTIA!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

My EVO LTE took a dive in the pool so, I just picked up an Optimus G on CraigsList for $180.  I'm impressed, this phone is Very nice! It will certainly hold me over until my upgrade this fall.  $180.. What a steal!  :tu:

• Like 3

My EVO LTE took a dive in the pool so, I just picked up an Optimus G on CraigsList for $180. I'm impressed, this phone is Very nice! It will certainly hold me over until my upgrade this fall. $180.. What a steal! :tu:

My wife's only consistent complaint with hers is battery life.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yea, battery life for me is yet to be determined, since I've had the phone just 24 hrs now. Im interested to see what kind of battery life ill be getting. 

Yea, battery life for me is yet to be determined, since I've had the phone just 24 hrs now. Im interested to see what kind of battery life ill be getting. 

It's fine.  But it is nothing on par with the HTC One or the HTC EVO LTE.

Robert

I picked up one last week off Swappa for $210 shipped. Such a huge upgrade from my Galaxy Nexus when it comes to signal and battery performance.

I also received an email today from Amazon Wireless saying that the phone is now a penny for new plans and renewing contracts.

• Like 1

I picked up one last week off Swappa for $210 shipped. Such a huge upgrade from my Galaxy Nexus when it comes to signal and battery performance.

I got the same deal. Except my old phone was the Nexus S! I am kind of astonished by everything this phone can do, it is in a completely different league in performance, screen quality, sparkliness etc. And I am definitely starting to appreciate the argument that the large screen is worth dealing with slightly more awkward ergonomics.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Djw39, I like the phone a lot, can deal with the ergonomics but I don't see myself wanting anything bigger.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

Djw39, I like the phone a lot, can deal with the ergonomics but I don't see myself wanting anything bigger.

I agree, and that's partly why I got this one now, because I kind of assume the sequel will be larger. Interesting that I objected to the size of the Samsung and HTC phones but this one won me over.

Man, I like this phone so much, I'm having trouble restraining myself from posting in every thread where people are asking "should I get a Samsung or HTC" and evangelizing for LG

• Like 3

Man, I like this phone so much, I'm having trouble restraining myself from posting in every thread where people are asking "should I get a Samsung or HTC" and evangelizing for LG

I certainly think it's as good as (actually better than) the S3 and simply suffers from brand recognition.

I liked my EVO LTE as well.

I Couldn't agree with you more. I picked up an Options G on CraigsList because it was relatively inexpensive and I needed something to tie me over till my upgrade in the fall. Talk about a diamond in the rough. 

There is a blossoming google plus community for the LGOG.    Join up and contribute.    https://plus.google.com/communities/109959980844323823662

Glad everyone is finally seeing what I have been saying all along.   Still love this phone and got it on launch day.  Now 3 family members and 5 friends are also enjoying the awesomeness of the LGOG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Alright so it looks like Sprint is getting either a new Optimus G or the G Pro Snapdragon 800 variant, which i guess supports LTE Advanced. If it supports 800LTE i would like to pick one up. Here are some questions i have related to LG OG devices though.

• How is LG with software updates?
  • Is the hardware good?
  • What issues have you had with LG devices?

I have the LG-made Nexus 4 and can't complain about anything hardware wise; of course, the software updates are on Google's side and there's only been 1-2 (and I haven't accepted 4.2.2 so I can LTE hunt on T-Mobile), which wouldn't be the case with the G-series.  That's the only modern LG device I've had (I did have the Muziq and some ancient flip phone - 5250? - once upon a time).

• 2 weeks later...

Well i couldn't help myself, I rooted/unlocked bottloader and backed up EFS. Any custom rom recommendations?

What android site do you guys prefer XDA ,Rootzwiki,?

Anyone get wifi tether for root users to work on the LGOG?   trying to tether with no luck.  

S4GRU policy does not allow discussion of unauthorized tethering on unlimited data plans.

AJ

• Like 2