LG Optimus G

khammondnm

My wife dropped her LGOG in the toilet.  She is devastated.  Mostly because she now is using an LG Viper to tie her over.  :)

Robert

• Like 1

You're hooking her up with a G2, right?  :tu:

I don't think she wants the G2.  We will be buying new phones on a new carrier probably on Black Friday.  I said she can have the first pick, and I would take second, my son and daughter 3rd and 4th.  The only rule is, is that no one can double up on the same device.  I want four different devices for my testing use.

I still haven't decided between Verizon and AT&T.  I'm quite distraught to have to leave Sprint now just as Triband devices hit the street.  :cry:

Robert

I don't think she wants the G2.  We will be buying new phones on a new carrier probably on Black Friday.  I said she can have the first pick, and I would take second, my son and daughter 3rd and 4th.  The only rule is, is that no one can double up on the same device.  I want four different devices for my testing use.

I still haven't decided between Verizon and AT&T.  I'm quite distraught to have to leave Sprint now just as Triband devices hit the street.   :cry:

Robert

Ah crap, I already forgot you're not in Sprint native area anymore.  So the only choices are Verizon or AT&T?  That's pretty rough.  I'd say Verizon because they're CDMA, but I'd also say AT&T because I hate them less.  I would have a very hard time deciding, myself.  

EDIT: Now I see why you gave her first pick.  You knew she didn't want the G2. Brilliant!

I still haven't decided between Verizon and AT&T.  I'm quite distraught to have to leave Sprint now just as Triband devices hit the street.   :cry:

Robert

Nexus 5 Black for you, Nexus 5 white for wife, Nexus 5 black for son, nexus 5 white for daughter. When in Sprint ( or Tmobile) territory just pop a sim and have at it.

• Like 1

Nexus 5 Black for you, Nexus 5 white for wife, Nexus 5 black for son, nexus 5 white for daughter. When in Sprint ( or Tmobile) territory just pop a sim and have at it.

Did we ever confirm the Nexus 5 will authenticate CDMA profiles via SIM?

I already have a Verizon line and an AT&T line.  So if I go with Verizon as our primary service, I would still likely buy a Nexus 5 for my AT&T line.  If I go with AT&T as my primary service, I will likely get a BlackBerry Z30 for my Verizon line.

Robert

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dave. I think I discovered it is minutes. When I set the timer to 120 it showed the BSR timer as 7200. Changed it to 2 and the BSR went back to 120. Anyhow, are there any tricks to make the LGOG find LTE? My wife has a GS3 and gets spotty LTE here now but no matter what I do I can't get a LTE signal. With my s4 mini I can set it to LTE only and get a signal many place around town but this LG has yet to connect to LTE ever. Any ideas?

• 4 months later...

Pretty quiet thread, I got a new LG Optimus G in late April this year (2014) (the person who bought it from only used it for a week).  I love the LGOG! Its an older phone now but its a great phone!!  There is one thing I am disappointed in is the LTE signal bars are the 1X/3G EVDO signal strength.  However not a BIG deal I have Signal Check PRO and have it set up on the notification bar.  

This phone does live up to hanging onto a VERY WEAK 4G LTE signal which is a HUGE plus I think!  I live in a small city and there is a tower up side of town and one downtown (both are LTE) and before I was never able to keep the 4G LTE signal driving from up to downtown and same the other way around downtown to upper part of the city. I tested this on a couple of other devices. 

Again I guess I don't need the latest and greatest smart phone but this phone is quite impressive, its not THAT OLD of a device really!  :tu:

• Like 2

This phone has held up really well. If it had the spark lte frequency bands I'd buy it again today.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I agree!  Its a solid phone, again its an older phone model now, and Sprint has discontinued it, I don't know why, heck they are offering WiMax devices on there site to this day! Also I found this phone to have the best speeds when I have done several speed tests.  I did 4 last night and I was able to average 31mps down and 9.5mps up.  We have solid speeds here, its consistent. 

I've had this phone since 11/2012 and can't wait to ditch it on 7/1 when I qualify for a new device.  Been battling constant force close issues with the apps (especially text messaging and browser).  Battery life started out very good but has degraded significantly over time.  Incoming calls often roll to voicemail without the phone ringing.  Also occasionally have to reboot the phone to get certain functions to work again.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I still have this device and it's purring like a LION!

Is anyone aware what happen to the UPdate to KK 4.4.2 that was scheduled to be released by LG mid summer 2014. Last status known was LG had released the update but nothing ever materialized from the carriers.

Any insight would be great.

Thanks

Ps. link to article

http://androidheadlines.com/2014/06/lg-optimus-g-optimus-g-pro-will-receive-android-kitkat-starting-july.html

Edited by Maverick