Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

I live in Southfield and I was wondering if anyone know where the sprint tower is for Southfield or the closest tower

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The tower in Southfield that is live is on 11 Mile Rd, west of Lahser.

I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express a few nights ago. Does that count? What is the half-life of your Holiday Inn Express superpowers, anyway? Is it just 24 hours? I've always wondered. :)

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

24 hrs is all you need to go from bouncer to Jeopardy champ.

• Like 1

This link from Sensorly clearly indicates the extent to which Sprint is building out 4G LTE throughout the Detroit area. You might note as in my previous post about 36MB/s down at 696/telegraph and the strength and concentration of towers in that area.

http://sensorly.com/...0sprint#q=48336

While probably the best resource available to the everyday person, one still must be careful with Sensorly. Sensorly is only as good as the contributions made to it. What LTE is actually available in Michigan is *NOT* done justice by what is reported on Sensorly.

Which is exciting news because I received that marginal 4g signal (1 bar) while employing the Airave 2.5! From what I'm seeing, the reach of 4g LTE signals is quite impressive.

Yeah I've found the signal reach to be very impressive too! I get a brief connection to LTE at my house on occasion at night and the closest live tower is 4.5 miles away.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I've found the signal reach to be very impressive too! I get a brief connection to LTE at my house on occasion at night and the closest live tower is 4.5 miles away.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Just outside my neighborhood I pick up a site at 7 miles away all the time. It's a standard monopole city site too. But then from the same site a mile away you struggle to get signal due to the beam width antennas used and the distance this site has to cover.

Sent from my little Note2

The site located behind the Hartland Meijer (US-23 and M-59/Highland Rd) is being worked on. 1 panel + RRU per sector were installed. The crew wasn't coughing up any information. There is one other carrier on the tower but I'm not sure who it is. T-Mobile is located on the large flag pole on the hill across US-23 from Meijer. I believe VZW is on the tower just north of Meijer located on the Hartland fire station grounds. The only other occupant I believe on the Meijer site could be AT$T or Metro.

Also, Sprint service was unavailable for a time today from the tower located in Tyrone Twp, Livingston County just SW of the City of Fenton. My wife's phone went into roaming and mine was picking up towers from Brighton, Hartland and Grand Blanc areas (per NetMonitor) when we crested the huge hill on US-23 by Center Rd south of Fenton. I'm curious if this was a random outage or hopefully related to an upcoming LTE upgrade.

Just some notes for those in these areas.

I was out driving around checking out the 4G LTE reception, running speedtest.net. Drove through areas with all bars near Grand River and Halstead. So I decided to try downloading an app from the PlayStore. It was a 2.5 Meg app and took nearly an hour on 4g to download. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

I was out driving around checking out the 4G LTE reception, running speedtest.net. Drove through areas with all bars near Grand River and Halstead. So I decided to try downloading an app from the PlayStore. It was a 2.5 Meg app and took nearly an hour on 4g to download. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Th play store is not compatible with our 4G yet. so theirs nothing to with about

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Incidentally, I tried rebooting minus battery, airplane mode cycling, killing download and restarting it. I have not been able to update either my profile or my PRL, keeps giving me an error message "unable, etc etc, try again later or contact somebody who cares, and so on" Edited by gerhardt52

Incidentally, I tried rebooting minus battery, airplane mode cycling, killing download and restarting it. I have not been able to update either my profile or my PRL, keeps giving me an error message "unable, etc etc, try again later or contact somebody who cares, and so on"

I have had moments of being connected and having slow or no data transfer. Sometimes later, maybe 5 or 10 minutes it will be fine. Ususually I just lock my phone on 3g and it's fine. I was assuming that it was because the lte in my area is pretty new.

Fortunately even 3g is pretty quick with the back haul done.

Just did some mapping on the Inkster,MI site that was just accepted and did not get LTE until I turned north on Midelbelt road from Michigan Ave. I got LTE until I turned east on Ford rd and lost it very soon. I expect that Sensory will get updated soon.

Did some mapping this weekend while i was in the area. Hit some Downriver areas and Dearborn/Detroit. Didn't get much in the way of LTE signal anywhere new, which threw me off. Some places were within a radius of the tower that had been active, but not picking signal up there, then moving just a short way up the road and hitting it. Also had it on from Kalamazoo to 275 on 94, where I picked it up in Belleville, Marshall, and east of Battle Creek.

The tower by Meijer along Adams Rd in Auburn Hills seems to be broadcasting LTE. I was surprised to see 4G when I was at lunch today. I didn't have a chance to check out the tower but did do some mapping during my drive home. I had signal from Adams and 59 to 75 and Square Lake.

XXXXXXXXX in Auburn Hills seems to be broadcasting LTE. I was surprised to see 4G when I was at lunch today. I didn't have a chance to check out the tower but did do some mapping during my drive home. I had signal from Adams and 59 to 75 and Square Lake.

Koch site IDs are not suppose to be posted outside of the sponsor forum

Totally forgot to edit it, had some things i had to deal with. Could a mod delete it for me please

Looks like someone edited your post as the ID is now X's.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I have personally tested the speeds and have achieved a max of 25d and 18u. Not to shabby.

PATIENCE is more than just a virtue, you troll, its a vital human function.

Edited by KurtisKobain

Does anyone know what's going on with the google play store while on LTE? I can never get it to download apps or update. Other than that I can browse apps and use my data however I want.

I have not experience trouble with the Play store on LTE. Many others have reported it in post though.

I can tell you I have had oddities in it downloading as of late on 3g and wifi. In fact I just was downloading some updates. Two went fast. Two were very very very slow.