Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

Thanks digi, my point is the signal is good but it hasnt served any data the last two days. Can't browse the web or even get a ping on speedtest.net app.

I've never heard anyone say that signal is very good there. It's always been marginal and many have stated they could never get the data to work in that exact location with a normal population there. That site is over 3.5 miles away... and definitely in New Orleans metro tower spacing it was never in the RF design to serve that area by any means. There are several sites including one you could throw a rock at with very little effort from that park that are designed to serve that area. That area probably holds the highest rank of sites per sq mile in the entire NOLA/BR market.

Sprint probably should have turned that 4G sector off or turned the downtilt down so signal did not reach that area until after the weekend was over. It may cause some people become aggravated with it as they don't understand the "bars lie" on their phone and see the full bars due to the massive amount sites in the area and think it is full LTE signal when in fact it is not.

Don't fret when NV is done that area will be a big massive nice dark purple blob on Sensorly due to the nice LTE coverage. The LTE hunter/trackers in the area are going to have a hard time trying to figure which site is active in that area due this. Definitely a good problem to have!! I will be jealous!! ;)

Have a good time! Hats off to your folks as I saw all the people on the news and you'd have to have a big checkbook to get me down there with all those people.

• Like 1

Have a good time! Hats off to your folks as I saw all the people on the news and you'd have to have a big checkbook to get me down there with all those people.

I hate crowds. I love sports events, but most of the time I would rather go to a quiet mountain lake and go fishing. I don't think I could ever attend a Green Bay game where you have physically be pushed against the person next to you.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I hate crowds. I love sports events, but most of the time I would rather go to a quiet mountain lake and go fishing. I don't think I could ever attend a Green Bay game where you have physically be pushed against the person next to you.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

That was exactly like my last Mardi Gras on Bourbon in 05. Had a blast the year before with the old lady.. Different thread for details ;) .. But in 05 we were on bourbon going to the next stop. We stopped and everyone started pushing. If any of us would have fell there would have been serious injuries if not death from being trampled. My buzz instantly dropped to zero as adrenaline kicked in from the biggest fear I have ever experienced in my life...not even close to dangling from a safety harness over the gulf 150 feet up after falling from rusted out cable tray.. I grabbed the two chicks I was with and started making a hole on an adrenaline high to get the hell out of dodge.

We took it to the house and continued the party there with a few other friends.

Never again for me.

Fully agree, cabin on the mountain with the no phone, no tv, off the grid. Nothing but rainbow trout fishing, drinking, cooking, shooting guns, blowing stuff up and sleeping! Now we are talking.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

When company comes and says, "ZOMG MARDI BALLS! LET'S GO TO BOURBON STREET!" I say, "here is your unmarked key. don't lose it. if you bang on the door when i'm asleep and the dogs bark, then i will shoot. put $10 in your shoe and your wallet in your front pocket with your insurance card near the top. have fun. don't get trampled. after 9pm, the bus runs once an hour."

I've been once, and I don't need to ever go again. Canal isn't even worth it. i prefer my stoop where i can hear it all go by and enjoy my swing and my own booze.

Fully agree, cabin on the mountain with the no phone, no tv, off the grid. Nothing but rainbow trout fishing, drinking, cooking, shooting guns, blowing stuff up and sleeping! Now we are talking.

Btw Digi, this is a forum about Sprint, not Ron Swanson. B)

• Like 2

LOL. Now after all that was said even by someone that lives there. Kinda like deep sea fishing, You do have to go experience Bourbon around Mardi Gras at least one time in your life. It's not all bad. I will NEVER ever forget my first one there. ;) ;) ;) and that's all I am saying on here.

But how are you going to use the 4G LTE signal without a phone?

Seriously though, I am in. You had me at trout fishing (then blowing stuff up just put it over the top).

LOL. Now after all that was said even by someone that lives there. Kinda like deep sea fishing, You do have to go experience Bourbon around Mardi Gras at least one time in your life. It's not all bad. I will NEVER ever forget my first one there. ;) ;) ;) and that's all I am saying on here.

I never experienced it during Mardi Gras, BUT I was on Bourbon on New Years Eve once. NEVER AGAIN lol

It was just as bad as you explained it. Very packed out streets where it's like you're in a sardine can. My girl is claustrophobic and she wasn't reacting to good when we got pined to a trash can. It is a good thing those cans are fixed down to the ground, so I was able to put my hand around her and onto the can and push everybody behind me back so I can give her a little breathing room to calm down.

Seriously though, I am in. You had me at trout fishing (then blowing stuff up just put it over the top).

This makes me think of that song, Louisiana Saturday Night...

Waiting in the front yard, sitting on a log;

Single shot rifle and a one-eyed dog.

Yonder come my kin folk in the moonlight:

Louisiana Saturday night.

Well, you get down the fiddle and you get down the bow

Kick off your shoes and you throw ‘em on the floor

Dance in the kitchen 'til the morning light

Louisiana Saturday night

My brother Bill an' my other brother Jack,

Belly full o'beer and a possum in a sack.

Fifteen kids in the front porch light:

Louisiana Saturday night!

When the kinfolk leave an' the kids get fed,

Me an' my woman gonna slip off to bed.

Have a little fun when we turn out the lights!

Well, you get down the fiddle and you get down the bow,

Kick off your shoes and you throw ‘em on the floor.

Dance in the kitchen 'til the morning light:

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

This makes me think of that song, Louisiana Saturday Night...

Waiting in the front yard, sitting on a log;

Single shot rifle and a one-eyed dog.

Yonder come my kin folk in the moonlight:

Well, you get down the fiddle and you get down the bow

Kick off your shoes and you throw ‘em on the floor

Dance in the kitchen 'til the morning light

Louisiana Saturday night

My brother Bill an' my other brother Jack,

Belly full o'beer and a possum in a sack.

Fifteen kids in the front porch light:

When the kinfolk leave an' the kids get fed,

Me an' my woman gonna slip off to bed.

Have a little fun when we turn out the lights!

Well, you get down the fiddle and you get down the bow,

Kick off your shoes and you throw ‘em on the floor.

Dance in the kitchen 'til the morning light:

Great song! Even better when they play it in Tiger Stadium on Saturday night and 93,000 sing along.

• Like 1

Great song! Even better when they play it in Tiger Stadium on Saturday night and 93,000 sing along.

I always wondered if Louisianans liked the song, or thought it was a mockery. I think it's a fun song to sing. I sing it to my kids all the time to drive them nuts. My wife too. ;)

I don't really listen to country music, but I do like the stuff from 1970-1990. Takes me back to my childhood. But my family doesn't have the same affinity for it that I do. So I will find a Classic Country station on TuneIn Radio those times I'm by myself in the car and have a solid Sprint connection for the next 100 miles. And hope that Louisiana Saturday Night comes on. Ayeee eeeeee!!!

I always wondered if Louisianans liked the song, or thought it was a mockery. I think it's a fun song to sing. I sing it to my kids all the time to drive them nuts. My wife too. ;)

I don't really listen to country music, but I do like the stuff from 1970-1990. Takes me back to my childhood. But my family doesn't have the same affinity for it that I do. So I will find a Classic Country station on TuneIn Radio those times I'm by myself in the car and have a solid Sprint connection for the next 100 miles. And hope that Louisiana Saturday Night comes on. Ayeee eeeeee!!!

Agreed. Today's country is more like Pop. There's a lot of stuff in the 90's I enjoy as well. Other than Zac Brown, there isn't much new type country I listen to.

• Like 1

So I had some time this morning to go to 4 sites here in Baton Rouge. I'm still terrible at identifying RRUS so please let me know what you guys think and I hope it helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

This is the tower on Tiger stadium

This one is AT&T, no doubt. The corners of the panels have an indent that runs the length of them.

This one is AT&T, no doubt. The corners of the panels have an indent that runs the length of them.

Thanks Robert, I am still new at this but I went where the map told me to go.... Maybe it's on another light fixture

• Like 1

Thanks Robert, I am still new at this but I went where the map told me to go.... Maybe it's on another light fixture

Probably so as I know ATT, Verizon, and Sprint all have sites attached to light fixtures at Tiger Stadium.

• Like 1

This is the tower off of highland and east Roosevelt north of LSU

This one looks like legacy panels. No NV present.

Corner or west lee and Nicholson

AT&T up top. Sprint legacy below. No NV present.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 17 January 2011

Thanks for the update.

Looking zoomed in on my tablet, I don't see any NV work. Thanks for the pics. Good stuff. Digi will probably log these on the market spreadsheet when he gets a chance.