Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

How is this possible on the iphone 5?

It is not. If you have to ask...well...

AJ

I chuckle a little reading this post. Wild, this site is your white whale. It seems like you have been watching this site for at least 6 months. Glad to see is finally paid off

Just another update on this.  It appears some cabinets have been changed out, and it appears they be in the midst of an upgrade but things have stalled.  I noticed I roam now considerably in different parts of the airport, but when up in the gate areas pick up signals from nearby towers.  So, it may be a long drawn out upgrade at the airport but for those wanting data they may find it best to use the airport's free WiFi.

Just another update on this.  It appears some cabinets have been changed out, and it appears they be in the midst of an upgrade but things have stalled.  I noticed I roam now considerably in different parts of the airport, but when up in the gate areas pick up signals from nearby towers.  So, it may be a long drawn out upgrade at the airport but for those wanting data they may find it best to use the airport's free WiFi.

Drove next to airport on Veterans, had strong LTE where I didn't before. Also this morning I noticed one data speed upgrade on network.sprint.com at the airport. That means 3G accepted or LTE acceped most of the time.

Drove next to airport on Veterans, had strong LTE where I didn't before. Also this morning I noticed one data speed upgrade on network.sprint.com at the airport. That means 3G accepted or LTE acceped most of the time.

The Veterans tower is the one I am picking up at the airport as they have the airport site shut down on the side I am on right now and hope they will be done with the work at the airport soon.

The Veterans tower is the one I am picking up at the airport as they have the airport site shut down on the side I am on right now and hope they will be done with the work at the airport soon.

They need to do something with the Airport area.  inside of IP data is unusable. but yet Westshore has really decent LTE.

So how much of the area is covered by SPARK now?  I have been away from the forum for a while, a co-worker just got a s4-mini and he has the little spinning spark wheel next to the 4G but his speeds are no better than my Note 2, between 1.2 and 3.5 Mbps

So how much of the area is covered by SPARK now?  I have been away from the forum for a while, a co-worker just got a s4-mini and he has the little spinning spark wheel next to the 4G but his speeds are no better than my Note 2, between 1.2 and 3.5 Mbps

In Tampa, I think most of it is.  The speeds are going to be pretty dependent on the backhaul though.

How is this possible on the iphone 5?

I find this hard to believe. I have had the Iphone 5 and a hotspot and never been able to get more than 2 meg down. Most of the time i have to turn off LTE and only use 3G. Have not had much success all over st. pete.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, nothing new to report on any areas I have seen upgrades going on, including the airport where nothing seems to be happening since the apparent changeout of cabinets. 

I do however want to comment that after spending time in the Lakeland area, even with all of the sites having at least an LTE upgrade, with the exception of maybe two, that I was surprised at the coverage there (both voice and data).  I found myself a great deal of time, while mostly on the western ends of Lakeland, roaming more than I really thought I would be.  Not complaining, just commenting :)

Ok, nothing new to report on any areas I have seen upgrades going on, including the airport where nothing seems to be happening since the apparent changeout of cabinets. 

I do however want to comment that after spending time in the Lakeland area, even with all of the sites having at least an LTE upgrade, with the exception of maybe two, that I was surprised at the coverage there (both voice and data).  I found myself a great deal of time, while mostly on the western ends of Lakeland, roaming more than I really thought I would be.  Not complaining, just commenting :)

It doesn't seem the addition of RRU's has increased coverage like it was initially anticipated, as least from my observations around Florida.  That isn't going to be of any concern once Ericsson gets on their game with 1x800 and LTE 800 acceptances though.

• Like 1

Well the upgrades in the area seemed to have slowed.  There are still some sites not yet with upgrades.  Hopefully those would be soon as if other sites are completed one would think there would be more resources to complete the rest.

Well the upgrades in the area seemed to have slowed.  There are still some sites not yet with upgrades.  Hopefully those would be soon as if other sites are completed one would think there would be more resources to complete the rest.

On another note, I drove by an old Nextel site near me today and surprise, all the antennas were gone from the tower.  Nothing left on it.

• Like 1

On another note, I drove by an old Nextel site near me today and surprise, all the antennas were gone from the tower. Nothing left on it.

Trimming the dead weight. Nextel should have been decommissioned years ago.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Anyone care to explain why not one of you have mapped band 41 around here yet? Coming down there this weekend and im going sensorly crazy. Band 41 will be all im doing.

Looks like may of them don't have a tri-band phone as of yet.