Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Wow, it looks like K.E XII is right.  The LTE map has been updated to include Western San Diego County. Can a formal announcement be far behind?  Before Christmas or at least the New Year?  

The same map has OC/LA pretty much yellow, meaning Spark, as far south as Dana Point.

Thats about right with the IBEZ, I believe it was close to the OC/SD and the SD/Temecula line.

I've heard rumors of a possible agreement to lower the IBEZ to the 8.  South (where I live by 1 mile) would still be in the zone... but nonetheless I think thats a fair compromise.  of course, these were unconfirmed rumors and are dependent upon Mexico and their networks and legislation.

EDIT:

Notice how San Ysidro is now next to valley center? Interesting.  LOL.

Thats about right with the IBEZ, I believe it was close to the OC/SD and the SD/Temecula line.

I've heard rumors of a possible agreement to lower the IBEZ to the 8.  South (where I live by 1 mile) would still be in the zone... but nonetheless I think thats a fair compromise.  of course, these were unconfirmed rumors and are dependent upon Mexico and their networks and legislation.

EDIT:

Notice how San Ysidro is now next to valley center? Interesting.  LOL.

The yellow on the Spark map is referring to the 2.5 GHz not 800 in the Dana Point area.  The IBEZ extends way north almost to LA, certainly way north of most of Orange Co.

I was going to ask how far the IBEZ zone is, but a quick search gave me this result http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3627-sprint-or-tmobile/page-7

IBEZ looks like all of SD and OC?  I just assumed maybe to the 905 but was shocked.   

You're right, I even posted it previously, it does cover what looks to be all of OC. Wishful Thinking.  

We should be getting 2500 spark much sooner than other cities with no Wimax deployments.  Wimax deployment started in the North County such as San Marcos, Escondido and South County in National City which was never finished by Clearwire.  Sprint will just pickup where they left off and we hope that San Diego would get higher priority because we are in the IBEZ zone with no 800mhz anytime soon.

We should be getting 2500 spark much sooner than other cities with no Wimax deployments. Wimax deployment started in the North County such as San Marcos, Escondido and South County in National City which was never finished by Clearwire. Sprint will just pickup where they left off and we hope that San Diego would get higher priority because we are in the IBEZ zone with no 800mhz anytime soon.

We'll get it before 800, but Sprint isn't going to give us higher priority because of the IBEZ. Also, we never got WiMAX. The two sites that went up are protection sites.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

It would be great to see Oceanside 92057 and 92058 areas getting more LTE. Those locations haven't been touched that much.

does anybody know when sprint will rollout 4G in san diego?

i've apoken to a couple of reps and they told me by the end of this year.

but i dont really believe that.

does anybody have more reliable information?

Question answered.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sprint-poised-for-2014-breakthrough-following-year-of-network-advances-2013-12-16?reflink=MW_news_stmp

I'm noticing issues when indoors. I'll be in the parking lot at El Camino Real/Leucadia, and will have LTE. Go indoors, it drops to slow 3G.

The 4g freq does not do too well penetrating buildings. When they put it in the 800 band it will be much better. However most current phones are not compatible and 800 band is in limbo status along the border.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

It would be great to see Oceanside 92057 and 92058 areas getting more LTE. Those locations haven't been touched that much.

you do realize that just because a market is launched doesn't mean that Sprint is done with it. They launch when there's about either a 40 or 50% completion.

you do realize that just because a market is launched doesn't mean that Sprint is done with it. They launch when there's about either a 40 or 50% completion.

I've been well aware of that for a while. Not only LTE, 3G could be way better, need major work in a handful of locations in those Oside zips.

http://www.800ta.org/content/resources/Reconfiguration_Timetable.pdf

800MHz transition doc from the FCC and PSHSB.

*Licensees operating high-density cellular systems, such as Sprint Corporation

(“Sprint”),10 and licensees that have elected to relocate to the Enhanced Specialized
Mobile Radio (“ESMR”) Band will relocate to the ESMR Band at 817-824/862-869
MHz.11"

So this means that there will be 800MHz LTE along the border.

The TA delivered a Webinar presentation on June 10, 2013 for licensees in NPSPAC Region 5: Southern California. The TA presented information regarding the phases and activities in the reconfiguration process, the new band plans, preparing for reconfiguration, and conducting planning activities. A PDF of the TA’s presentation is available here. An audio recording of the Webinar, which also displays the TA’s presentation, is available here.

http://www.800ta.org/content/resources/Reconfiguration_Timetable.pdf

800MHz transition doc from the FCC and PSHSB.

*Licensees operating high-density cellular systems, such as Sprint Corporation

(“Sprint”),10 and licensees that have elected to relocate to the Enhanced Specialized
Mobile Radio (“ESMR”) Band will relocate to the ESMR Band at 817-824/862-869
MHz.11"

So this means that there will be 800MHz LTE along the border.

That hasn't been in doubt, just the timeline. Looks like 2017 is a reasonable estimate for that though.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got this text:

SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area. See new phone offer at http://sprint.us/upgrade1 Reply S to stop.

my wife got that 3 days ago. I have not yet.