Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Found some 4G LTE at the Del Mar Racetrack on Jimmy Durante Blvd last night and a bit more 4G LTE in the southern part of Oceanside Harbor today. Was able to map both locations on Sensorly. Sensorly maps be updating within the next 24 to 48 hours. I think Solana Beach and northern Del Mar should be a good place to search around for LTE.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

May want to ask Robert about that. Could be a mistake.

Error on my part due to confusion of another tower nearby.

A couple weeks ago, a site on El Camino Real/Vista Oceana in Oceanside became LTE live. I mapped the area at the time, and tried looking for equipment, and couldn't find it. I was expecting a tower being visible. Today I went back to this site, and found it behind Coastline Church. There was parking in the back. When I got out, it had 3 nice size stalls that were side by side, fenced and had wooden gates that can be seen through. One belong to Verizon, Sprint, and I think the other had to be ATT, but not exactly sure. Tons of cables running from the ground up through the roof of the church. I noticed large generator sitting outside of these sites (1st pic in link). Sprint was located in the middle stall. It was closed off with a large wooden gate, and luckily I could see through it, and was able to stick one hand in with phone hoping I wouldn't drop it on the other side. Pics in link is what I took of Sprint.

https://db.tt/SGpLdcUW

Found some 4G LTE at the Del Mar Racetrack on Jimmy Durante Blvd last night and a bit more 4G LTE in the southern part of Oceanside Harbor today. Was able to map both locations on Sensorly. Sensorly maps be updating within the next 24 to 48 hours.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Next time you are in the harbor area, look up at the very top of that massive hotel, and you'll see a few antennas on it.

• Like 1

I drive from I-15 & Adams (roughly) to I-15 and Rancho Bernardo Rd.  It appears that between Poway and Carmel Mountain Ranch that you get either 4G or nothing at all.  I have noticed when using streaming music apps that it's just long pauses during that time, and calls go straight to voice mail.  PRLs updated, profiles updated, etc.

HTC One

Looks like O'Side/Clairemont/PB/MB/anything by I-5 is getting upgraded, but off of I-15, not so much. 

It's weird that Solana Beach is lagging behind, though.

Same goes for Cardiff, when all of Encinitas is pretty much LTE.

Must be pretty bad.  Have seen some sites has gone down for weeks and when reported they say they are doing upgrades.  Seems like things are getting out of hand.

http://www.10news.com/home/homepage-showcase/officials-say-bad-cell-wireless-service-by-sprint-is-putting-san-diego-officers-in-jeopardy-110113

I was walking back to my car after work in Del Mar, 92014 on the corner of Stratford Way and Luneta Drive and Signal Check Pro notified me that my voice service switched to 800. I didn't think we were getting any that in San Diego due to the IBEZ. zepeduha.jpg Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Hmm, I was near there today and there was no 800. Tried toggling airplane mode and updated PRL too. Maybe it being on was an accident or they were doing testing.

• 3 weeks later...

I took a look at Robert's latest map update today and it looks like a large number of towers in SD proper are 4G approved now. Is it safe to say that if they fill in PB and Clairemont that Sprint could be able to launch here?

• 3 weeks later...

I just saw a couple of days ago that Sprint added San Diego to their map of LTE cites. I currently have an unlimited data plan with Verizon and i am wanting to upgrade / change to Sprint. Can anyone tell me if the LTE data speeds are good and if the marjory of the city is covered with good LTE signal?

I just saw a couple of days ago that Sprint added San Diego to their map of LTE cites. I currently have an unlimited data plan with Verizon and i am wanting to upgrade / change to Sprint. Can anyone tell me if the LTE data speeds are good and if the marjory of the city is covered with good LTE signal?

Try going on sensorly.com and taking a look at their coverage maps and compare them to Verizon. That should help you. With San Deigo just being "launched", there is still much work to be done. Network deployment list says its at about 62% NV sites accepted, and only 48% LTE sites accepted. 

Spotty coverage in Downtown, Clairemont, Mission Valley, PB, La Jolla.  Should have 100% LTE coverage by 2nd Quarter 2014.  Speed test below was done in the areas of Mission Valley, Aero Drive, Hillcrest, Downtown, Paradise Hills.

My brother has Verizon with unlimited data on his iPhone 5s.  He is getting 2Mpbs average speeds.  If you want to switch in March/April next year, Sprint should have 100% LTE coverage then.

ZKP0PJql.png ldwlf9Xl.png MlTwzsel.png

• Like 1

Those are higher than any speeds I have ever gotten in Orlando. And your signal is great too. I would hold off to for a little while maybe for a few months and see how LTE progresses there before switching. I'm sure the pace will pick up even more

Alright, the reason i wanted to switch is because i thought Verizon would soon end unlimited for us customers and i wasn't sure if i should wait for that to happen because i am not sure how much longer sprint would offer the unlimited guarantee. Not to mention they have a -100$ savings right now.

I've noticed speed increases in certain parts of Oceanside this week. This was on Oside Blvd/El Camino Real. At work over in Encinitas has slightly slowed down over a month's time.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h76nvbluwo6hc03/QEOfANgdaT

The drop-down list at http://network.sprint.com/? It seems like it's for the "data speed upgrades"; that's been there for a while. Unless I'm missing something?

Recently Upgraded to the LG G2 (great device) and I rarely drop to 3g.  Granted, I'm mostly in East County, but even when venturing out for Dr. appts to la jolla, del mar etc still a LTE signal.... now its not the strongest signal but this phone hangs on even in fringe LTE and Ive noticed no adverse speeds (below 5Mbps) when I have NO bars.  Dramatic Difference from the last few months!  I'm going to remap alot of the areas I had mapped before because the light purple will be changing to darker on Sensorly.

Wow, it looks like K.E XII is right.  The LTE map has been updated to include Western San Diego County. Can a formal announcement be far behind?  Before Christmas or at least the New Year?  

The same map has OC/LA pretty much yellow, meaning Spark, as far south as Dana Point.

The drop-down list at http://network.sprint.com/? It seems like it's for the "data speed upgrades"; that's been there for a while. Unless I'm missing something?

Capture.JPG