Network Vision/LTE - Indianapolis Market

omega

I guess we're all just Sprint fanboys but what could you possibly need 50mb/s for on your phone? My home connection is 20mb and I have no use for it?

There is absolutely no need for it. Just saying it would be cool

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I don't want to seem ungrateful but I hope the speeds get faster then 17 MB down just saying I hope they are not completely finished in my area. My buddy gets 50MB down here on att consistently

The only thing that is good for is showing off. 4Mbps if more than enough for just about anything you'll do on your phone. If you're doing anything that needs more than that.... you should probably not be using your phone for it. Just sayin

The only thing that is good for is showing off. 4Mbps if more than enough for just about anything you'll do on your phone. If you're doing anything that needs more than that.... you should probably not be using your phone for it. Just sayin

its just sad that they are upgrading for the future and they are behind once again

its just sad that they are upgrading for the future and they are behind once again

Behind? The only thing they're behind on is coverage. I doubt AT&T will be able to maintain those speeds for too much longer. Sprint on the other hand, with this plan, will have plenty of room for growth, with LTE on 800, and Clear's LTE hotspots in major metros.

Do you know what you're talking about? All LTE performance is signal strength dependent. Even AT&T's. You only get 50Mbps on AT&T when you are on top of a LTE site with no one else on it. In the same conditions, you get 37Mbps from Sprint. And Sprint has a lot more spectrum it can get to, to keep the speeds up. AT&T does not. Sprint's network is denser, meaning that you will likely be closer to a Sprint site and there will be more square miles of peak speed locations than AT&T or VZW. With LTE, density is key.

AT&T only has enough 700MHz spectrum to deploy 10MHz wide channels in one third of the country. In another third, they have to deploy 5MHz channels just like Sprint and will be limited to the same 37Mbps. So don't get all worked up. Not a lot of AT&T markets will get the super dooper fast LTE (that AT&T will not sustain anyway). And the really big secret AT&T doesn't want people to know...it hold no 700Mhz LTE spectrum in a whole third of the country. At least Sprint's 5MHz channels are nationwide!!!

Also, Sprint will start developing TD-LTE on the Clearwire network next year and will have 60-90Mbps speeds. But max speeds are irrelevant. What matters is the average speed in the places you go. For the medium and long term...AT&T is the worst LTE carrier to be on.

Robert

• Like 5

So I was wondering if anyone has noticed periodic service updates that happen by themselves? I am pretty religious about profile/prl updates but over the past week I have woken up and noticed that I had several updates and was curious if anyone knows if this is related to the rollout.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

As someone not currently in an LTE market, I have a question for those in a market being rolled out. I'm aware that in Chicago they became drop call city, in Indy did/have you experienced fluctuation in data coverage/speeds prior to any LTE development?

I'm just curious for any hints I should look for, as an LTE hopeful.

Thanks in advance!

As someone not currently in an LTE market, I have a question for those in a market being rolled out. I'm aware that in Chicago they became drop call city, in Indy did/have you experienced fluctuation in data coverage/speeds prior to any LTE development?

Thanks in advance!

The issue with dropped calls in Chicago was/is so far a unique case. I have not noticed any issues with the upgrades in Indy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Thanks in advance!

No dropped calls. I joticed my speed went from .2 d/l to over 1mbps just right before the lte started popping up.

• Like 1

I had a average around 30mbps in that area. Thar was in the Camby area south westside of town.

Thanks!

Sent from my EVO LTE-LESS using Tapatalk 2

The dropped call issue in Chicago was between legacy Motorola sites and Network Vision Samsung sites. They do not have legacy Motorola in Indianapolis. You should not experience the same issues.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

The dropped call issue in Chicago was between legacy Motorola sites and Network Vision Samsung sites. They do not have legacy Motorola in Indianapolis. You should not experience the same issues.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Well I know u mentioned Columbus, Ohio would experience similar issues to Chicago, that's why I asked.

So I was wondering if anyone has noticed periodic service updates that happen by themselves? I am pretty religious about profile/prl updates but over the past week I have woken up and noticed that I had several updates and was curious if anyone knows if this is related to the rollout.

Bump

what is the range of LTE tower ? I was getting 34 down at ky ave and tibbs, but go down on tibbs about 3 blocks and get .200 Kbps on 3G ,

I am getting 5-6mbps down at my work which is about 42nd street and the tower is at 16th. I beleive every 10 blocks is a mile so that is about 2.5 miles

425758fa-8592-5d26.jpgSo far we have Carmel, Fishers, and Westfield...Not that I am rooting for the tower in my front yard or anything, but where is Noblesville

Yeah, and now there is at least one tower live in Lebanon. I have added info up and down I-65 through there over the last week or so on Sensorly. Here is hoping they keep going up 65 to Lafayette. I believe I am mostly on a tower that borders the interstate at my house up there.

Sprint is really blazing through the Indy market. I am pleasantly impressed.

Sent from my HTC EVO LTE.

• Like 2

Yeah, and now there is at least one tower live in Lebanon. I have added info up and down I-65 through there over the last week or so on Sensorly. Here is hoping they keep going up 65 to Lafayette. I believe I am mostly on a tower that borders the interstate at my house up there.

Sprint is really blazing through the Indy market. I am pleasantly impressed.

Sent from my HTC EVO LTE.

Hopefully they keep that trend going in all current and upcoming markets!!!