Network Vision/LTE - Indianapolis Market

omega

Id think once all the towers are at full capacity it will. Has anyone with an EVO tried changing the LTE scan and how did it affect the battery for you?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Doesn't help

Sent via CleanROM DE using Tapatalk 2

9ydegesy.jpg

I was mapping on Sensorly this morning by the track on 16th if you want to check it out. Anyways if you look at my screen shot i got an R where the triangle would be if i were to roam. I only got this when i was at the edge of coverage. What could this mean? Ill post pics of the tower in my next post under this.

I was mapping on Sensorly this morning by the track on 16th if you want to check it out. Anyways if you look at my screen shot i got an R where the triangle would be if i were to roam. I only got this when i was at the edge of coverage. What could this mean? Ill post pics of the tower in my next post under this.

It happened a few times to me in Texas. It means you are roaming on 1x, but still connected to Sprint LTE.

Robert

It happened a few times to me in Texas. It means you are roaming on 1x, but still connected to Sprint LTE.

Robert

Wow, I am surprised that LTE held out longer than 1x did. Netmoniter was showing that I was connected to the same tower I was pulling LTE off of.

Wow, I am surprised that LTE held out longer than 1x did. Netmoniter was showing that I was connected to the same tower I was pulling LTE off of.

Were you roaming to the same tower? Is that site colocated with other carriers? It is possible that the Sprint 1x was down in the area and that was why you were roaming. Not because you were out of range.

Robert

<b>EXLINE, on 22 October 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:</b><br />Wow, I am surprised that LTE held out longer than 1x did. Netmoniter was showing that I was connected to the same tower I was pulling LTE off of.<br />
<br />Were you roaming to the same tower? Is that site colocated with other carriers? It is possible that the Sprint 1x was down in the area and that was why you were roaming. Not because you were out of range.<br /><br />Robert

It is a stand alone Sprint tower and Att is next to it. Netmoniter showed myself still connected to that tower when the R came up. I even checjed my logs and confirmed i was on that tower at that time.

This is between Martinsville and Bloomington on the 37. The 1.48 is when I reached about 10 minutes out from Martinsville. Bloomington shows a consistent 1.4Mbps-2Mbps otherwise:

XiHfD.png

Edited by kazelynz
  • Like 2

I noticed yesterday on my commute home to Avon that I had LTE from 465 all the way to Raceway. I would've done a Sensorly post, but I'm on the iPhone.

Damn you iPhone!

Just kidding, thanks for the info.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I noticed yesterday on my commute home to Avon that I had LTE from 465 all the way to Raceway. I would've done a Sensorly post, but I'm on the iPhone.

I did some mapping this morning in that area. And a few more. Like 16th st yesterday and the one by Washington and 465 today. The site is off highschool between 10th and Rockville.

• Like 1

Wow Indy is blowing up with LTE I will be doing a lot of mapping on the south side once I get my gs3 today can't wait

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I know! I'm hoping to get down there this weekend. coverage is popping up all over Indy. Nothing out here in Lafayette but its nice knowing we are in the middle of two LTE markets so we should see some action in the near future.

I am having difficult time getting lte in spots I was b4, is sprint blocking sites or is this evo lte garbage?

Sprint blocking sites, maybe...

EVO LTE radios garbage, most definitely.

What sites? If they are north side I will happily go check them out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (yep, you read that right) using Tapatalk 2

not on the north side, southwest , holt NAND Kentucky avenue all the way to 465 and Kentucky ave, last week I was getting 30 plus down at holt and ky ave. now nothing. but I do appreciate your generous offer.

It is your phone. I picked up signal earlier Tuesday there. I don't beleive Sprint is blocking sites anymore

Everywhere I get LTE signal, I only get it for that day and it seems to get turned on every once in awhile. I am guessing they are turning on these sites as they are working on them to test the new implementation, then turning them off when they are done to stand by for the big launch date! Just my guess.

Everywhere I get LTE signal, I only get it for that day and it seems to get turned on every once in awhile. I am guessing they are turning on these sites as they are working on them to test the new implementation, then turning them off when they are done to stand by for the big launch date! Just my guess.

I am still getting lte on every site that sensorly shows and the ones that are finished and accepted by sprint. I dont beleive they have blocked any so far

I don't want to seem ungrateful but I hope the speeds get faster then 17 MB down just saying I hope they are not completely finished in my area. My buddy gets 50MB down here on att consistently

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I don't want to seem ungrateful but I hope the speeds get faster then 17 MB down just saying I hope they are not completely finished in my area. My buddy gets 50MB down here on att consistently

There is nothing you could do that you would need more than 17mbps let alone 50. Sprint depkoyed only on 5mhz verse att 10mhz. So Sprints max is 37.5mbps and obviously AT&T is twice that.

I guess we're all just Sprint fanboys but what could you possibly need 50mb/s for on your phone? My home connection is 20mb and I have no use for it?