Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

shmget

Has anyone noticed how fast the Northern market has been climbing up the percentage chart? We're already at 21% and ahead of the Southern market that started way before us. Hope this is a sign that I'll pick up a 4G signal on my Note 2 soon!

I think all the Northern CT sites are GMO so far to date.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you. After reading that I am a bit disappointed. Now I see why Northern CT is increasing so fast while Southern CT is not. Guess that means the Southern Market is full upgrades. What I would like to know is how to determine wich GMO sites don't get 800mhz support. I really hope these GMO's do the job because 3G has been crap in CT since 2010!

• Like 1

Thank you. After reading that I am a bit disappointed. Now I see why Northern CT is increasing so fast while Southern CT is not. Guess that means the Southern Market is full upgrades. What I would like to know is how to determine wich GMO sites don't get 800mhz support. I really hope these GMO's do the job because 3G has been crap in CT since 2010!

Right now GMO sites don't get 800 till they come back and do the full build (New panels). But once backhaul is in place 3G well get better and possibly 4G could get turned on at a GMO site.

Right now GMO sites don't get 800 till they come back and do the full build (New panels). But once backhaul is in place 3G well get better and possibly 4G could get turned on at a GMO site.

The fact that sensorly shows 4G lit up around Meriden gives me hope that these GMO sites will have 4G up and running soon. At least in my area hopefully!

The fact that sensorly shows 4G lit up around Meriden gives me hope that these GMO sites will have 4G up and running soon. At least in my area hopefully!

The Meriden sites are in the Southern Connecticut market and are full builds. Full builds will not start for a few more months in the N CT market.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So, will none of these early GMO sites get LTE? Or they just may not get 800 LTE?

What do you call a setup on a rooftop, like a hotel? It looks like a GMO, just everything is on a roof (no tower)

3g around me is pretty decent, for a while now (before NV), but I am curious of these GMO sites could start throwing LTE in the coming couple of months

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

So, will none of these early GMO sites get LTE? Or they just may not get 800 LTE?

What do you call a setup on a rooftop, like a hotel? It looks like a GMO, just everything is on a roof (no tower)

3g around me is pretty decent, for a while now (before NV), but I am curious of these GMO sites could start throwing LTE in the coming couple of months

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Some GMO sites may get LTE 1900, but none will get 800MHz deployments (not CDMA 800 nor LTE 800). Most rooftop sites are full build, but some are GMO's.

In the Northern CT market most urban/suburban sites around Hartford, New London/Groton, Mystic, Norwich are full build. But most rural sites in between them are GMO. I think most sites in the Southern CT market are full build.

• Like 1

Some GMO sites may get LTE 1900, but none will get 800MHz deployments (not CDMA 800 nor LTE 800). Most rooftop sites are full build, but some are GMO's.

In the Northern CT market most urban/suburban sites around Hartford, New London/Groton, Mystic, Norwich are full build. But most rural sites in between them are GMO. I think most sites in the Southern CT market are full build.

that's disappointing, i find in most buidlings i have to roam to make calls, was hoping that the 800mhz would help with that. So likely that we won't see upgrades in the hartford area until 2014

...i've been tempted to buy a wimax phone and table my gs3

Edited by Student

that's disappointing, i find in most buidlings i have to roam to make calls, was hoping that the 800mhz would help with that. So likely that we won't see upgrades in the hartford area until 2014

...i've been tempted to buy a wimax phone and table my gs3

Hartford area sites are mostly full build and will receive 800MHz deployments. I was saying that all the N CT sites deployed to date are GMO. Not all N CT sites in general.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

So far I must say, based on what I see on the maps, they are definitely hitting the areas needing NV more than those that really dont. Cant wait to see when they start full builds around here. Patiently anxious.

Came home today and was just looking around on my phone and saw an unfamiliar site lol, Looks like I have 4g Lte in Hamden. Im on the Hamden/New haven line near Eli Whitney.

• Like 1

well here is a follow-up to this.. i had 4G with full signal at my house for a day, then the next day it was gone.. so i thought maybe they prematurely turned on a tower.. in fact there is 4G coverage just outside of my house near rt 80 in southern CT a few blocks away still, it doesn't make sense how i had 4G one day and gone the next at the same location (my house).

another update: 4G is back today, so New Haven / Fair Haven and parts of hamden already have at least 3-4 live towers running LTE.. doesn't appear to be extemely fast as others LTE areas, i'm only getting about 4-6mbit/s but still take it over laggy 3G!

• Like 1

Any way to know when downtown Hartford upgrades might start and how to keep up to date? I have a good view from my office to observe.

If any one knows the cell tower in Middlebury on 84 between 16 and 17 west bound. There was a pickup truck and trailer full of equipment. They we're on the tower I believe its sprint based on the antennas. I can't go to the site being a interstate