Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

The Westside of Cincinnati from Werk & Glenway & down are seeing 4G LTE. I picked a few signs while shopping in the Western Hill Kroger as well as leaving to work this morning. I will be back down later this afternoon to get network speed tests and to map progress. If any one here lives in the West side of cincy, please help confirm this.

I was out today and like yesterday the Dent North tower at the Twin Lanterns is fired up. I also found the tower in Cheviot near St. Martin of Tours church also on LTE. That was a nice supprise. Mapped a lot today. How long does it usually take to show up on the maps?

• Like 2

I did see on the Sensorly map, some deep purple in the Dent area.

Dun dun dun…dun dun du dun…dun dun dun…dun dun...

AJ

• Like 4

I was out today and like yesterday the Dent North tower at the Twin Lanterns is fired up. I also found the tower in Cheviot near St. Martin of Tours church also on LTE. That was a nice supprise. Mapped a lot today. How long does it usually take to show up on the maps?

At Chivelle's on Harrison in Dent.

a8y7a5un.jpg

Edit: I meant to quote B-Man

S4 Mini & Tapatalk

• Like 2

OldCoastie  & kdupes Thanks you two for confirming it for me! Was a bit busy and wasn't in the ares, but glad to see that progress is made in the Westside. I hope there's more to come  :tu:

At Chivelle's on Harrison in Dent.

a8y7a5un.jpg

Edit: I meant to quote B-Man

S4 Mini & Tapatalk

With this recent speed test is there any way to identify the band and is this normal speed to be expected? I thought speeds would be a bit faster than this reading. I'm a novice on subject and the site, but I would like to gain as much insight so that I could help contribute on the search of LTE in my area. 

With this recent speed test is there any way to identify the band and is this normal speed to be expected? I thought speeds would be a bit faster than this reading. I'm a novice on subject and the site, but I would like to gain as much insight so that I could help contribute on the search of LTE in my area. 

I can tell you it was Band 25.  The engineering screen will tell you.  Also, if you can get the GCI in SignalCheck Po, it can be a hint to which band.  As for the download speeds, I'm not sure what the max throughput is for the different bands.

I can tell you it was Band 25.  The engineering screen will tell you.  Also, if you can get the GCI in SignalCheck Po, it can be a hint to which band.  As for the download speeds, I'm not sure what the max throughput is for the different bands.

+1. My phone only uses LTE band 25, reguardless of what the idiots at Motorola say. But that is another story.

Mental Note: It's a perfect day in the Tri-state to continue these upgrades in the Tri-state...[emoji106][emoji106]

Ask and ye shall receive...

Just laid down a bunch of purple all around the main business district in Madeira. Band 25. Speeds were around 30mbps down. Wasn't LTE last time I checked, which was probably a few days ago.

This was on a Galaxy S5, not forcing LTE.

• Like 2

Since 7978 beechmont went live with lte a couple weeks ago, there has still been a lot of wprk being done on the tower. New cables ran up and down it last week, today new cabinets being installed (talked to one of the contractors he said they cost about a million each? Also confirmed they were pulling out 3g cabinets and replacing them with 4g) i guess these are just stages of a tower upgrade or is it a false lte signal due to the new panels, but cannot get tje benifit of true lte (b41? Hopefully?) Until all the equipment jas been installed

• Like 1

I've been seeing a lot of new 1x800 voice signals since last night and during my commute this morning.

S4 Mini & Tapatalk

How can you confirm this? I am really interested to know? 

Been seeing some amazing speeds off my local tower the last week or so on B25! This is off the tower I posted pics of a while back with the very first known 8T8R antennas. Some of you will remember that. This test is on a GS3. Pretty impressive speeds for B25 you think?

quguzu7u.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Been seeing some amazing speeds off my local tower the last week or so on B25! This is off the tower I posted pics of a while back with the very first known 8T8R antennas. Some of you will remember that. This test is on a GS3. Pretty impressive speeds for B25 you think?

quguzu7u.jpg

Excellent results on your speed test, this is really promising that network vision in cincy is coming. I wonder if progress is being reported on the report ran every other week or so? When I zoom up to the cincy market, I find a lot out of the 275 Loop has 1/2 or 2/3's of the upgrades. While the inside of the 275 loop has still a ways to go. Let's see what comes from the upgrades on the coming months!

"Cincy" can be a bit deceiving in regards to my test. I'm in the Cincy market, but my tower is about 50 miles/1 hr North of Cincy.

• Like 1

"Cincy" can be a bit deceiving in regards to my test. I'm in the Cincy market, but my tower is about 50 miles/1 hr North of Cincy.

Case point, I think it has been A very slow roll-out but excited to know it's rolling down the 75/71. 

• Like 1