Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

I believe the site to be off of Princeton Rd, based on the GCI. Please double-check and post on the Map/Spreadsheet thread (http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6135-Cincinnati-Market---Map/Spreadsheet). Thanks!!

So interesting I was directly under the tower when I took these shots. I'll try and get another one tomorrow

I was in private property under the Tamarco address. I took this picture, literally behind a fence and a building. I may have a better shot when on the highway. Funny how that the radios don't get picked up while underneath. I felt like a private eye looking for secrets.

Been seeing some amazing speeds off my local tower the last week or so on B25! This is off the tower I posted pics of a while back with the very first known 8T8R antennas. Some of you will remember that. This test is on a GS3. Pretty impressive speeds for B25 you think?

quguzu7u.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Speedtest on my WiFi with Road Runner...

duga9a7u.jpg

Speedtest on my local Sprint tower...

2uzaga6e.jpg

• Like 2

Installed sensorly today, shocked that just around a mile or so up the street folks are in solid 4 bar dark.purple, while I'm barely clinging to 1 bar on the lightest shade here..ja3u2ype.jpge4enesu3.jpgu5y6equs.jpg

Has anyone noticed any improvements downtown recently? Or testrd during large events like Reds games or Bunbury?

I was at Bunbury on Saturday night- my phone worked fine. It stayed connected to band 26 LTE the entire night. Speed tests were around 5 mb, but the signal strength was only 1-2 bars in that area.

I was able to text to people outside that area- my friends who have Verizon had delayed response. Calls worked too...

• Like 4

I just can't believe how little range 4 g LTE has....if you are just one mile from the tower, you are screwed, I can sit on my front porch and get 3-4 mbps DL, with one bar on voice signal, turn out of my driveway, and head west a measly mile, and it's a consistent 14-16 mbps......With a full 6 bars on voice.....I hope this isn't the fastest I will ever hope to get, that would suck... 1 Damn mile away and UL and DL friggin rocks, and voice full bars, that's crazy

I remember my old 800 mhz, analogue ameritec phone, I could be 100 feet under ground and get a call.out

I just can't believe how little range 4 g LTE has....if you are just one mile from the tower, you are screwed, I can sit on my front porch and get 3-4 mbps DL, with one bar on voice signal, turn out of my driveway, and head west a measly mile, and it's a consistent 14-16 mbps......With a full 6 bars on voice.....I hope this isn't the fastest I will ever hope to get, that would suck... 1 Damn mile away and UL and DL friggin rocks, and voice full bars, that's crazy

I remember my old 800 mhz, analogue ameritec phone, I could be 100 feet under ground and get a call.out

Sorry, that is the tenuous nature of LTE.  The very nature that allows the LTE airlink to carry such high throughput also makes it far more fragile than other airlinks.

And, by the way, you are relatively new here, but S4GRU does not host complaints -- especially a complaint about getting only 3-4 Mbps on LTE when you are in an urban area and may be a full mile from your serving site.  That is a significant distance.  Regardless, that is still quite usable LTE, even though it may not arouse your e-penis or impress your friends.

My suggestion is that you just start using your service and stop worrying about running so many speed tests.

AJ

• Like 1

And yet I used LTE 1900 at 10 miles last weekend in Minnesota. Maybe each sector is configured different? Naw, that can't be it. I'm sure it's because Sprint LTE sucks. Yeah, that's it.

It's not like AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon customers have ever experienced Band 4 sites that only broadcast a few blocks. Oh, wait! They freakin' do!!! Like every damn day. Could it be the fragile nature of LTE signals, especially on high frequencies? Naw. Only Sprint is limited by physics.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sorry, that is the tenuous nature of LTE. The very nature that allows the LTE airlink to carry such high throughput also makes it far more fragile than other airlinks.

And, by the way, you are relatively new here, but S4GRU does not host complaints -- especially a complaint about getting only 3-4 Mbps on LTE when you are in an urban area and may be a full mile from your serving site. That is a significant distance. Regardless, that is still quite usable LTE, even though it may not arouse your e-penis or impress your friends.

My suggestion is that you just start using your service and stop worrying about running so many speed tests.

AJ

Thanks, I'm New...but not trying to complain, and I'm no expert on cell signal tech, just a guy who has been with sprint for years, and waiting for LTE , and waiting, finally get a taste of it and I liked it, then I go up the road and the speeds a mile away just blew my mind

Read a post here about a week ago that someone said that once lte is first launched, it's weak, but come back in a few days and they slowly up the cap where the speeds will start ramping up, but so far, and at least here, they have not, and that's what has me just a bit bummed out, knowing how fast I can really go just up.the street a mile...

See, I do a lot of video uploading, streaming, just was hoping my speeds would get higher and be more stable like they are a stone's throw away......

Someone said my speeds are usable, well not really, 3g, just ran a test, went on 4 g LTE, and 2 speed tests in a row, upload failed, and I just had to switch to wifi, just to.post this, message said cannot connect to forum, so now I'm on wifi here outside on my patio.. 9esyqy6e.jpg4yjuta8u.jpg8ede4aze.jpg

Thanks, I'm New...but not trying to complain, and I'm no expert on cell signal tech, just a guy who has been with sprint for years, and waiting for LTE , and waiting, finally get a taste of it and I liked it, then I go up the road and the speeds a mile away just blew my mind

Read a post here about a week ago that someone said that once lte is first launched, it's weak, but come back in a few days and they slowly up the cap where the speeds will start ramping up.

A: That's not how it works.

B: It does not appear your closest site is upgraded yet. You have nearly full 3G, yet very very weak 4G. That tells me there is a site closer to you. 4G speeds are very very dependent on signal strength. 4 down on 1 "bar" of signal is actually a pretty darn good result.

Sent from my LG G3

A: That's not how it works.

B: It does not appear your closest site is upgraded yet. You have nearly full 3G, yet very very weak 4G. That tells me there is a site closer to you. 4G speeds are very very dependent on signal strength. 4 down on 1 "bar" of signal is actually a pretty darn good result.

Sent from my LG G3

Thanks, someone on here I think posted several days ago that when I go a mile up.the street, I may be getting a strong signal from the tower behind I think twin lantern on Harrison ave, and someone else mentioned about Mack firing up LTE on their tower ? I live in Mack, which is basically just off Bridgetown rd and powner road, just down from Kuliga park.....

Maybe I will fire up sensorly and do a mapping later this afternoon from my driveway to up the street a mile where I got a killer signal on LTE in the hattings supermarket parking lot couple days ago just to see where the cutoff point is From dark purple to the lightest shades of LTE.......I'm learning as I go with this .

• Like 1

Thanks, someone on here I think posted several days ago that when I go a mile up.the street, I may be getting a strong signal from the tower behind I think twin lantern on Harrison ave, and someone else mentioned about Mack firing up LTE on their tower ? I live in Mack, which is basically just off Bridgetown rd and powner road, just down from Kuliga park.....

Maybe I will fire up sensorly and do a mapping later this afternoon from my driveway to up the street a mile where I got a killer signal on LTE in the hattings supermarket parking lot couple days ago just to see where the cutoff point is From dark purple to the lightest shades of LTE.......I'm learning as I go with this .

That was me. So far I have gotten good speeds from the Twin Lanterns tower the Mack north tower at 5 points and the tower at Shady Lane and Bridgetown Road. My opinion concerning your seeming lack of signal is that like me you are unfortunately limited by terrain. The whole westside where we live is nothing but hills and trees and then more hills and trees. That takes a tole on the signal. I am almost exactly between the Twin Lanterns and Mack north towers and yet at home I rarely can get 4G in the house. Outside i can usually get 2 bars. My question to you is do you have wi-fi in your house? I do so I really don't give a hoot what my 4G signal strength is. I always use my wi-fi. I only care about 4G when I go someplace without wi-fi. Of course if you don't have wi-fi at home that is a different problem. But in either case, the overriding factor in our neighborhood is the terrain. Not much we can do about it short of moving.

• Like 3

Plasma, what phone do you have and can you get us scp or engineering screens to find ur tower? Are you a sponsor yet for maps and spreadsheets?

That was me. So far I have gotten good speeds from the Twin Lanterns tower the Mack north tower at 5 points and the tower at Shady Lane and Bridgetown Road. My opinion concerning your seeming lack of signal is that like me you are unfortunately limited by terrain. The whole westside where we live is nothing but hills and trees and then more hills and trees. That takes a tole on the signal. I am almost exactly between the Twin Lanterns and Mack north towers and yet at home I rarely can get 4G in the house. Outside i can usually get 2 bars. My question to you is do you have wi-fi in your house? I do so I really don't give a hoot what my 4G signal strength is. I always use my wi-fi. I only care about 4G when I go someplace without wi-fi. Of course if you don't have wi-fi at home that is a different problem. But in either case, the overriding factor in our neighborhood is the terrain. Not much we can do about it short of moving.

Yes we need more recruits on the hunt for NV 1.0 completion. I've went as far west as I could to identify radios and since you're at that location (and could possibly search for others in your area if it isn't an inconvenience) help the Cincinnati/Dayton/KY identify these locations. I'm new just like yourself and you could be a great resource in the far west-side, please consider it.

As for your struggles, I've faced them with you brother... it's tough to get strong signal in the west-side, I'm more inside the city than your locale. But as you've noticed, great strides have been made and they are sweeping the city and soon our locale will be stronger. This is an exciting time to be with Sprint!

• Like 2