Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

To clarify, it is a roof mount full build site. It's not a GMO site.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I literally was coming back to make a statement about that. I finally got a chance to look through the rest of the pictures and seen the RRUs with the actual antenna panel.

Sprint gave Engadget a close tour of their Samsung GMO site. Great pictures of the equipment: http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/12/sprint-testing-lte-cell-sites-in-san-francisco-we-go-hands-on/

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That's pretty cool. I guess roof mount sites would have to be a little different. I know that one of the ones I'll be using in Myrtle Beach this weekend is like that. I don't know if they're Samsung or Ericcson but doesn't really matter to me as long as it's decent 3G (LTE isn't launched yet in SC).

• Like 1

First four sites accepted in the Columbus market yesterday.  Congrats Columbians!  More details in the Sponsor thread:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/682-network-vision-site-map-ohio-markets-west-virginia/?p=152589

Robert

• Like 2

So what does that mean to us, the "end user"? Will we be getting faster speeds soon?

As I was coming back from Augusta, driving through North and South Carolina in April, I was able to stream the live telecast of the Masters on my phone with a 3g connection and it worked flawlessly.  I was really amazed how good the NV 3G service was.

That totally makes no sense but good for them. Might as well have been Ostrander. I'm sure there will be Columbus sites coming up soon since they've slapped up some NV gear. I took some pics with my SLR and shared them in my Dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ydtlynkzobhva7k/fOe6SYAJuu/Towers

I'll place my bet on the last region to get it and that's far southeast Columbus because I am certain Sprint wants to extend my agony. :) 

• Like 2

So Columbus market launched NV 3G today. Anyone want to guess where? :)

Looks like your word and sources are good sir. Appreciate your contribution to Columbus.

• Like 1

Can someone tell me what is going on in Grove City.  I used to be able to stream Pandora (high quality) and other music services without any blips or pauses.  The last 2-3 days, its been real jumpy long pauses 2-3 minutes etc.  Your assistance is appreciated.

First four sites accepted in the Columbus market yesterday.  Congrats Columbians!  More details in the Sponsor thread:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/682-network-vision-site-map-ohio-markets-west-virginia/?p=152589

Robert

Sweet... finally looked at the maps:) I'll be stopping at one of the 3g NV towers tomorrows to make sure i'm looking at the correct cabinets and equipment.

• Like 1

Can someone tell me what is going on in Grove City.  I used to be able to stream Pandora (high quality) and other music services without any blips or pauses.  The last 2-3 days, its been real jumpy long pauses 2-3 minutes etc.  Your assistance is appreciated.

Network Vision upgrades are occurring in the Columbus area, I'd expect that's at least part of the reason.

Can someone tell me what is going on in Grove City. I used to be able to stream Pandora (high quality) and other music services without any blips or pauses. The last 2-3 days, its been real jumpy long pauses 2-3 minutes etc. Your assistance is appreciated.

Can someone tell me what is going on in Grove City. I used to be able to stream Pandora (high quality) and other music services without any blips or pauses. The last 2-3 days, its been real jumpy long pauses 2-3 minutes etc. Your assistance is appreciated.

Hard to say but all of grove city to SE Columbus will be lighting up soon so it may be related.

Yeah last month downtown cross from the sprint store on high st, there is a tower on top of building and the security guard said they had been putting in all new wires and panels someone from Erickson signed in 3 days in a row for hours then a sprint person the last day so stuff is being done just wish they would hurry with LTE.

Very far from the tower at the point I realize I'm on 800....freaking awesome, can't wait to test out tonight/tomorrow.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

WOH!!! Totally new SIDs and NIDs for our market!!!

Ok, I have driven around Granville and it won't switch back to 800 for the life of me....Could it only be testing now or what? What determines and what equipment is required to be 3g NV? What does it take to go from 3g NV to a LTE accepted site?

The reason I ask I just went to the Welsh Hills tower and I don't see any cabinets, I see the antennas and rru's but my camera is poor(evo lte).

When does the signal go from 800 to 1900 or what not...What determines which signal you acquire?

Ok, I have driven around Granville and it won't switch back to 800 for the life of me....Could it only be testing now or what? What determines and what equipment is required to be 3g NV? What does it take to go from 3g NV to a LTE accepted site?

The reason I ask I just went to the Welsh Hills tower and I don't see any cabinets, I see the antennas and rru's but my camera is poor(evo lte).

When does the signal go from 800 to 1900 or what not...What determines which signal you acquire?

AFAIK, you really shouldn't be able to connect to 800 because the PRL doesn't show it available to connect to for this market, unless the latest PRL allows it.

Not sure... Maybe the app showed wrong signal or they testing... No clue. Haven't connected to 800 since.

Went to a Newark tower this morning, is this a generator from sprint?

uploadfromtaptalk1371214444949.jpg

Not sure... Maybe the app showed wrong signal or they testing... No clue. Haven't connected to 800 since.

Went to a Newark tower this morning, is this a generator from sprint?

These are complete guesses, but my two scenario guess would be, either to power equipment to lift and carry NV equipment up the pole or to power legacy equipment while NV equipment is being connected to the power grid. Again complete guesses.