Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

When the Fireworks of Red,White and Boom deploy so will LTE in Columbus. Dont quote my wishful thinking. LTE in Columbus is like the girl you wish you never met but you cant keep her off your mind

• Like 2

When the Fireworks of Red,White and Boom deploy so will LTE in Columbus. Dont quote my wishful thinking. LTE in Columbus is like the girl you wish you never met but you cant keep her off your mind

500,000 people downtown would probably kill a new network instantly... not that anyone would have any good 3G service downtown for an event like that anyways... :-)

Sprint is trying to be funny. They keep sending out these news letters talking about LTE coming soon. In every city on Ohio except columbus. Dayton, Cleveland etc. Makes me so mad.

Did you guys ever notice Columbus OH is not even listed on the drop down list on the network.sprint.com 'what's happening in your neighborhood' list?

At least we know the market is being worked on. Just nothing completed and accepted yet.

Sprint is trying to be funny. They keep sending out these news letters talking about LTE coming soon. In every city on Ohio except columbus. Dayton, Cleveland etc. Makes me so mad.

Don't think too much into that. The thing happened when 4G WIMax was brought here. Columbus wasn't on anyone's radar and them, blam! We were a 4G WiMax city out of no where. Even though we may not be on the elite list of cities that are getting LTE, we can all be confident enough to say we will have it very soon based off the ton of work being done in our market. This is Columbus. You should be used to this city not getting the credit or publicity it deserves...lol.

• Like 1

Don't think too much into that. The thing happened when 4G WIMax was brought here. Columbus wasn't on anyone's radar and them, blam! We were a 4G WiMax city out of no where. Even though we may not be on the elite list of cities that are getting LTE, we can all be confident enough to say we will have it very soon based off the ton of work being done in our market. This is Columbus. You should be used to this city not getting the credit or publicity it deserves...lol.

It's funny that you say that about columbus never getting publicity, because it's true, yet Columbus is always mentioned in movies, T. V shows and some music, but nothing ever noteworthy. We're like some mythical city or something lol

It's funny that you say that about columbus never getting publicity, because it's true, yet Columbus is always mentioned in movies, T. V shows and some music, but nothing ever noteworthy. We're like some mythical city or something lol

Despite Columbus being the capital, it doesn't seem to be what people think when they think Ohio.  People seem to visualize Cleveland and Cincinnati long before Columbus enters there mind. 

The Marketing, accordingly, doesn't seem to want to talk about it as much. 

Hopefully soon, I am ready for some NV!  I am looking forward to 4g.  But in reality, it's everything else, I'd even be fine with out 4g if the 3g speeds were closer to 2mbps, I definitely could live with that.  And as far as coverage, the improved towers and 800 MHZ has me particularly excited.  I'm out in mount Vernon, my drive home has a couple near dead spots (calls usually don't drop, but get choppy for a bit).  So I forsee this giving me good clear signal the whole way home, as well as at home.

Oh NV, wouldst you come a bit faster?

• Like 1

Did you guys see Sandusky had 13 accepted 3G sites?  First things accepted in Ohio. 

I'm apparently blind... Where are you seeing the accepted sites?  I was checking the NV Sites completed website and don't see anything for Ohio.  Thank you in advance.

Did you guys see Sandusky had 13 accepted 3G sites? First things accepted in Ohio.

I'm apparently blind... Where are you seeing the accepted sites? I was checking the NV Sites completed website and don't see anything for Ohio. Thank you in advance.

It was just posted in one of the Cleveland threads. that's the market Sandusky is in.

I'm apparently blind... Where are you seeing the accepted sites?  I was checking the NV Sites completed website and don't see anything for Ohio.  Thank you in advance.

It was just posted in one of the Cleveland threads. that's the market Sandusky is in.

Robert posted it here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2695-network-visionlte-clevelandne-ohio-market/page-10&do=findComment&comment=150537 , he said he is updating the sponsor maps tonight and will include them - and it was 17, not 13 sites, lets take credit for everything we can at this point! Good to FINALLY see some real activity in Ohio!

Robert posted it here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2695-network-visionlte-clevelandne-ohio-market/page-10&do=findComment&comment=150537 , he said he is updating the sponsor maps tonight and will include them - and it was 17, not 13 sites, lets take credit for everything we can at this point! Good to FINALLY see some real activity in Ohio!

Confirmed 17. (Source) GLANCE :)

Looking to be roughly 200 3g sites planned soon, all hopes of 4g look squashed for the near future.

As I feared.. Backhaul problems?

If so, this sounds like our buildout may be more similar to how South Carolina's is. They're building out 3G sites and not launching LTE until later.

Not certain as to why, a lot of backhaul has already been done. Here in Indiana tho the NV 3g is pretty good stuff. I still think It has to do with being a legacy network. The plans have bounced around and changed a lot as far as glance is reflecting it but what I'm seeing now has been like this for awhile so I'm thinking its going to be pretty accurate now.

Not certain as to why, a lot of backhaul has already been done. Here in Indiana tho the NV 3g is pretty good stuff. I still think It has to do with being a legacy network. The plans have bounced around and changed a lot as far as glance is reflecting it but what I'm seeing now has been like this for awhile so I'm thinking its going to be pretty accurate now.

Everybody said we'd be more like Chicago, so it's a little disappointing if they hold off on LTE for a bit, but good 3G coverage is definitely welcome and I think we'd all be happy with 1.5-2 down for a while if it were consistent until they launched LTE. Obviously either way we should start seeing improved 3G or LTE popping up soon.

Gentleman, I've noticed over the past couple weeks several sites along 315 and 71 between downtown and Grove City have had site work done. The pic I'm uploading is from the site along I-71 between SR104 and I-270. There's a site near the SR-315 off-ramp to Goodale Blvd that is really visible if you can get a view between the trees growing up around it, just not safe to stop for a picture.

What's seen is a new panel with two RRU's mounted one above the other. Non-traditional but it's Ohio right? I've seen this at some Nextel sites also. I'll see if I can make something on Google maps to show where I've seen this.

I also noticed a new tower structure being built on Basil Western Road between Diley Rd and Pickerington Rd just to the north of US-33. I'm not counting on Sprint being on it as they have a site less than a mile to the west at Diley Rd. So maybe the tower structure builds are another carrier moving in or a carrier filling in gaps.

Here's where I've seen the antenna mods:

315NB/Goodale Ramp/Harrison Village

315NB/Dublin Rd (Nextel Site)

315NB/Sullivant Ave

71NB/SR204-Frank Rd

270EB/Hamilton Rd North behind Atlas Construction

270NB/Morse Rd (non-sprint site)

Sprint.png

I actually stopped by the 270/Hamilton Road tower. Couldn't get to the base, but did get a pic of the tower. Doesn't look like the "6 new antennas, 9 RRUs, and 3 hybriflex cables" that I see in all the building permits. I should add that the permit on this particular tower doesn't go into that detail, though. The permit is still open, with no inspections.

post-18490-0-85368600-1370703749_thumb.jpg

Edited by RM42

Gentleman, I've noticed over the past couple weeks several sites along 315 and 71 between downtown and Grove City have had site work done. The pic I'm uploading is from the site along I-71 between SR104 and I-270. There's a site near the SR-315 off-ramp to Goodale Blvd that is really visible if you can get a view between the trees growing up around it, just not safe to stop for a picture.

What's seen is a new panel with two RRU's mounted one above the other. Non-traditional but it's Ohio right? I've seen this at some Nextel sites also. I'll see if I can make something on Google maps to show where I've seen this.

I also noticed a new tower structure being built on Basil Western Road between Diley Rd and Pickerington Rd just to the north of US-33. I'm not counting on Sprint being on it as they have a site less than a mile to the west at Diley Rd. So maybe the tower structure builds are another carrier moving in or a carrier filling in gaps.

315NB/Sullivant Ave

71NB/SR204-Frank Rd

It's blurry but it looks like there could easily be 6 cables there, and as you pointed out, there are two rru's. Seems like an NV upgrade to me. You should post that in the work in progress thread if its not already on the list.

315NB/Sullivant Ave

71NB/SR204-Frank Rd

The tower in the picture is slated to get NV 3G real soon as well as the entire south outer belt side of Columbus including all of Grove City.

The tower in the picture is slated to get NV 3G real soon as well as the entire south outer belt side of Columbus including all of Grove City.

They still doing New Albany, Gahanna, and Reynoldsburg in that timeframe?

Reynoldsburg they will, but there is nothing in gahanna or new albany showing right now.

I hope the one by me in Reynoldsburg gets he upgrade soon. They did the fiber for it a while back, but it's one of the weird ones on top of a utility tower. Probably needs a special crew.

They still doing New Albany, Gahanna, and Reynoldsburg in that timeframe?

Reynoldsburg they will, but there is nothing in gahanna or new albany showing right now.

You originally quoted Granville, they still on schedule?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE