Well. So far the internet is working on my birthday. No b26 for this birthday though.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1397162647.295295.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Happy Birthday!! Sorry Sprint couldn't deliver the beautiful B26 though...:-/

• Like 1

Happy Birthday!! Sorry Sprint couldn't deliver the beautiful B26 though...:-/

Thanks :). I am just happy to have internet working at usable speeds today. Not sure what is in store for later though. That's normally when the ping shoots up and the download bogs down. Maybe they finally fixed my "area" issue that magically appeared after our neighborhood switched to brighthouse (which is ironically being bought by Comcast). LOL

Thanks :). I am just happy to have internet working at usable speeds today. Not sure what is in store for later though. That's normally when the ping shoots up and the download bogs down. Maybe they finally fixed my "area" issue that magically appeared after our neighborhood switched to brighthouse (which is ironically being bought by Comcast). LOL

Happy Birthday! 

And I thought Time Warner was being bought by Comcast. I think Brighthouse just uses Time Warner to negotiate contracts with content providers, but then again I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

Happy Birthday!

And I thought Time Warner was being bought by Comcast. I think Brighthouse just uses Time Warner to negotiate contracts with content providers, but then again I could be wrong.

Oh I have no idea. And thank you :). I thought brighthouse and time warner were both being sucked up by Comcast. Anyhow, my internet has been great today! That makes up for my crappy coverage on my phone.

• Like 1

So these pesky legacy sites around here need to go. I've seen ATT and T-Mobile upgrade their equipment that is co-located with a particular Sprint legacy site in the middle of UCF. I can't figure out any rhyme or reason why Sprint hasn't even touched it yet. Same for the sites by Universal. I know Sprint doesn't technically have "priority" sites on their upgrade schedules, but I think they should be greasing some hands to get work started on critical sites like these. Even some COWs would help!

But in places where sites ARE upgraded, life is good. But most of those areas don't frequent tens of thousands of people day in and day out.

• Like 1

I spent the weekend in St. Augustine and had zero coverage (data, voice, MMS) for most of the weekend. It was a relief to get back to Orlando. We may not have the awesome speed just yet but consistent connectivity is definitely better than none!

I spent the weekend in St. Augustine and had zero coverage (data, voice, MMS) for most of the weekend. It was a relief to get back to Orlando. We may not have the awesome speed just yet but consistent connectivity is definitely better than none!

I would email or tweet Sprint customer service. I go there all the time and I wish they would upgrade the tower near downtown.

1511053_10202326631139704_18060102103405

friend of mine sent me this when he was down by Holden Heights today, anybody happen to see the "Walmart" symbol? We got SPARK in Orlando!

That's good I guess, but this reminds me of a friend of mine who is always starting a new project before he finishes the one he started first.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

That's good I guess, but this reminds me of a friend of mine who is always starting a new project before he finishes the one he started first.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

1511053_10202326631139704_18060102103405

friend of mine sent me this when he was down by Holden Heights today, anybody happen to see the "Walmart" symbol? We got SPARK in Orlando!

There is zero evidence of spark from this screenshot, that spark logo is there regardless of what band it is on. The only thing thats for sure, is that its connected to LTE.

• Like 1

There is zero evidence of spark from this screenshot, that spark logo is there regardless of what band it is on. The only thing thats for sure, is that its connected to LTE.

well...damn. I was under the interpretation that the icon only shows when connected to a spark site. Had I known that it appears regardless, I wouldn't have posted it.

well...damn. I was under the interpretation that the icon only shows when connected to a spark site. Had I known that it appears regardless, I wouldn't have posted it.

Spark (B41) is in Orlando, we're just not a launched market yet. There are 3 active B41 towers on the UCF campus that I regularly connect to. Its pretty awesome.

Most people are of the opinion that it should have been that way to begin with. But unfortunately, that is not the case. In order to find out what band you are connecting to I highly recommend you guys check out Signal check pro. The latest version does detect what band your connecting too. Im just not 100% sure it works on every device. But its worth a shot (there are other ways depending on device)

BTW as a quick reference

Band 25 (1900Mhz) is the most prevalent LTE (Maxes out 37.5mb sec)

Band 26 (800Mhz) is currently being deployed, great for indoor coverage (Maxes out at the same 37.5mb sec)

Band 41 (2500/2600 "Spark") is also in active deployment. This is the one youll be looking for if your interested in seeing those super high speeds (maxes out around 80-90mb sec) 

Sprint Spark rollout I'm referring to. I'm hoping that will be the saving grace. Because LTE coverage is still pretty unacceptable in Orlando in my opinion. Maybe I just live and work in the wrong areas of town. But even connected to LTE I probably average 1-2 Mbps on my S4. That's 3Gish speeds. Some areas of town are better, of course, but for the most part that's what it's been, especially indoors.

Sprint Spark rollout I'm referring to. I'm hoping that will be the saving grace. Because LTE coverage is still pretty unacceptable in Orlando in my opinion. Maybe I just live and work in the wrong areas of town. But even connected to LTE I probably average 1-2 Mbps on my S4. That's 3Gish speeds. Some areas of town are better, of course, but for the most part that's what it's been, especially indoors.

You're not the only one with service like that. I would only give LTE in Orlando a 6/10 at most. By the time spark gets here I'll be able to get a iPhone 6, so it'll be worth it then. Only b26 can save us right now. And it they finished up those damn legacy sites!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clear is quickly rolling out Band 41 across the WiMax sites. A good chunk of Orlando already has Band 41 (Spark) coverage. Perhaps you should try a tri-band device before complaining.

Clear is quickly rolling out Band 41 across the WiMax sites. A good chunk of Orlando already has Band 41 (Spark) coverage. Perhaps you should try a tri-band device before complaining.

Sounds good, I'll just drop another $600 to upgrade from my paper weight S4. Stop telling me to quit complaining, what is this site for if a Sprint user can't be honest about the state of the network? I'm sick of people getting all defensive. Relax, I just stated my experience as Sprint customer who's using a premier phone on their network.

Well. So far the internet is working on my birthday. No b26 for this birthday though.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1397162647.295295.jpg

Happy Birthday jamisonshaw!  I know I'm 7 days late but hey what can I say, Happy Birthday!   :frantic:

• Like 1

Most people are of the opinion that it should have been that way to begin with. But unfortunately, that is not the case. In order to find out what band you are connecting to I highly recommend you guys check out Signal check pro. The latest version does detect what band your connecting too. Im just not 100% sure it works on every device. But its worth a shot (there are other ways depending on device)

BTW as a quick reference

Band 25 (1900Mhz) is the most prevalent LTE (Maxes out 37.5mb sec)

Band 26 (800Mhz) is currently being deployed, great for indoor coverage (Maxes out at the same 37.5mb sec)

Band 41 (2500/2600 "Spark") is also in active deployment. This is the one youll be looking for if your interested in seeing those super high speeds (maxes out around 80-90mb sec) 

Oh I definitely use Signalcheck Pro, upgraded last year before I got my N5. Haven't seen any other bands register though so far other than Band 25, though considering the N5 hasn't been enabled with Spark I assume that would be why

Oh I definitely use Signalcheck Pro, upgraded last year before I got my N5. Haven't seen any other bands register though so far other than Band 25, though considering the N5 hasn't been enabled with Spark I assume that would be why

Make sure you update signal check to the latest version that has the ability to display the Band your connecting to. About connecting to other bands, it seems like Band 26 isn't much of an issue connecting too with the Nexus 5, but B41 is. So you never know, you might connect to B26.