I didn't have time to speed test, however i was able to watch live broadcast on fox sports go on lte on my ucf shuttle on the southern side of alafaya.  it had been getting better and better every week, but this is the first time i was able to stay connected the whole trip

• Like 1

'Twas just at the pool enjoying the beautiful weather, and of couldn't send a damn text on iMessage! B26 could not be here any slower. All I wanted to do was browse s4gru while

at the pool and send a few texts asking what's for dinner! Is that too much to ask lol?

Also, here is a photo of the beautiful weather in Florida after we've had a "cold front" for a day. Had to share it. Yes, they're no clouds in the sky. Ignore the feetz.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

'Twas just at the pool enjoying the beautiful weather, and of couldn't send a damn text on iMessage! B26 could not be here any slower. All I wanted to do was browse s4gru while

at the pool and send a few texts asking what's for dinner! Is that too much to ask lol?

Also, here is a photo of the beautiful weather in Florida after we've had a "cold front" for a day. Had to share it. Yes, they're no clouds in the sky. Ignore the feetz. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1396482616.282799.jpg

Gahh I wish I wasn't so busy today. I have an exam tomorrow at 9AM and was studying all day until I had to go to work. And of course on days when I have nothing to do, the weather is horrible. 

At least I get service at my pool, a very weak B41 signal but it still works just as good as a decent B25 connection. 

I'm beginning to think I won't be experiencing B26 in Orlando, ever. I'll be gradumicating and moving back in with my parents up in Chicagoland beginning of next month. But it ain't all that bad, I'll take Florida weather over the cold & B26 any day. Some things in life need to be enjoyed outside the realm of technology and days like this make me leave my phone in the car and just enjoy the little things in life like this fantastic weather.

• Like 1

Gahh I wish I wasn't so busy today. I have an exam tomorrow at 9AM and was studying all day until I had to go to work. And of course on days when I have nothing to do, the weather is horrible.

At least I get service at my pool, a very weak B41 signal but it still works just as good as a decent B25 connection.

I'm beginning to think I won't be experiencing B26 in Orlando, ever. I'll be gradumicating and moving back in with my parents up in Chicagoland beginning of next month. But it ain't all that bad, I'll take Florida weather over the cold & B26 any day. Some things in life need to be enjoyed outside the realm of technology and days like this make me leave my phone in the car and just enjoy the little things in life like this fantastic weather.

I know the feeling. I used to skip boring classes when I lived in palm beach gardens and go hit up the beach or my pool (which I was lucky was on the intercoastal) and just go and study there and relax all afternoon. One thing I could never get over in Florida is the weather. It's absolutely amazing especially if you are close to the water. Boat weekends. In between class beach sessions. And then of course more sun on the weekend when it didn't have work.

Haha screw the cold. Probably won't ever leave florida because of it. Can't stand the cold. I've lost my "natural" Floridian tan since I moved to orlando, specifically because I don't have the ocean. Ahh, the simple times. Even though I paid for them haha.

Do we know if the new Sprint Spark tech is going to ever support simultaneous voice/data connections? As of right now it does not allow you to use data while on the phone.

Currently, while on LTE you can use data and voice on say, a GS4.

Do we know if the new Sprint Spark tech is going to ever support simultaneous voice/data connections? As of right now it does not allow you to use data while on the phone.

That's a SVLTE feature that has gone by the wayside as of recent (With all newer phones). It has been discussed all over the forums. You probably won't see this feature again until VoLTE rolls out which won't be for awhile, as all phones have gone the way of a single radio path and can only support one connection at a time. (Data or Voice)

EDIT: You can use Simultaneous Voice and Data if you are connected to Wifi however.

Edited by KD8JBF

No, eventually when VoLTE becomes the standard in a few years it will be possible.

That's very unfortunate.

There are pros and cons...

Pros being better battery life and lower cost of device.

Cons being the lack of simultaneous voice and data, and also requires eCSFB  to be in place to work properly,

not every site has been updated to support it yet and can cause connectivity issues (but this is a short term issue.)

Anyone tried out the wifi around the city provided by your cable company? I was trying too at my poop today and let me just say, it sucks. No surprise there though

I'm at Bay Lake Tower hotel at Disney World on the 11th floor pulling a -92 dBm LTE signal. Last time I was here in January this spot was still legacy 3G.

• Like 1

I'm at Bay Lake Tower hotel at Disney World on the 11th floor pulling a -92 dBm LTE signal. Last time I was here in January this spot was still legacy 3G.

I have a friend who works there. Unfortunately he has a iPhone 5 and will not be able to benefit from b26 and its goodness, but he says most of the park has a decent LTE signal with decent speeds. Im jealous that you're at disney, I'm going next week. :)

Before I got fired from Disney back in 2012 I remember 3G not being too bad in the parks. Of course last time I was there visiting about a year ago LTE worked here and there, but I was on their Wifi network most of the time so I didn't really pay attention. From what I've heard Sprint has really improved on WDW property. Just wish I could say the same for Universal.

It was so spotty for me last week. Don't know if the towers were being bi polar or what. Really disappointing to say the least. This was at magic Kingdom btw.

It was so spotty for me last week. Don't know if the towers were being bi polar or what. Really disappointing to say the least. This was at magic Kingdom btw.

Reeally? Which park where you at. Perhaps they should throw some hidden antennae up on the castle. I mean, that probably is where people take the most pictures lol.

Before I got fired from Disney back in 2012 I remember 3G not being too bad in the parks. Of course last time I was there visiting about a year ago LTE worked here and there, but I was on their Wifi network most of the time so I didn't really pay attention. From what I've heard Sprint has really improved on WDW property. Just wish I could say the same for Universal.

Universal was horrible yesterday, so was the north end of International Drive. I roamed half the time at Universal Studios.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Anyone tried out the wifi around the city provided by your cable company? I was trying too at my poop today and let me just say, it sucks. No surprise there though

I try to use it at waterford lakes town center, it sucks.  not a surprise since i think bright house is responsible.  i know this isn't a bright house forum, but BH/TWC are a joke company.

Pulled in a 20mbps down with 50ms ping test at the harp and celt bar downtown on magnolia last tuesday night around 10pm.  not sure what kind of usage is going on at that time of night on a tuesday, but i was impressed

I try to use it at waterford lakes town center, it sucks. not a surprise since i think bright house is responsible. i know this isn't a bright house forum, but BH/TWC are a joke company.

Pulled in a 20mbps down with 50ms ping test at the harp and celt bar downtown on magnolia last tuesday night around 10pm. not sure what kind of usage is going on at that time of night on a tuesday, but i was impressed

Well, according to the tech that visited my apartment today which is across the street, it's an area issue. I guess that would also effect the city wifi as well.

I've had nothing but issues with brighthouse. Every other person I know that has it has exceptional ping and download speeds.

So...I'm hoping this week that the Orlando acceptances start picking up....I've seen so much action in the Miami Market acceptance wise that I have a feeling a big turn up is coming on for 1x 800....All the 4G Only sites are converting to 3G/4G....Hoping to see the same come to Orlando soon...You guys seeing any work out there? I've been watching permits in my area, but nothing new really going on around here. There's only about two sites that are still legacy in my neck of the woods but one site really needs it....

• Like 1

So...I'm hoping this week that the Orlando acceptances start picking up....I've seen so much action in the Miami Market acceptance wise that I have a feeling a big turn up is coming on for 1x 800....All the 4G Only sites are converting to 3G/4G....Hoping to see the same come to Orlando soon...You guys seeing any work out there? I've been watching permits in my area, but nothing new really going on around here. There's only about two sites that are still legacy in my neck of the woods but one site really needs it....

I have seen relatively no change.Why does it take so long to accept 3g? Is it not just verifying its functioning properly and "flipping a switch."? And I HOPE that while they are doing those acceptances, either they are installing carrier cards or someone else is doing it for them at a much quicker pace.

• Like 1

I have seen relatively no change.Why does it take so long to accept 3g? Is it not just verifying its functioning properly and "flipping a switch."? And I HOPE that while they are doing those acceptances, either they are installing carrier cards or someone else is doing it for them at a much quicker pace.

Accepting 3G takes more time because they need to ensure compliance with E911...which I've read is a bear. So there's that among other things. I'm thinking they must have a full integration crew in Miami for as fast as they are turning up 3G There....Move further north please!!

Accepting 3G takes more time because they need to ensure compliance with E911...which I've read is a bear. So there's that among other things. I'm thinking they must have a full integration crew in Miami for as fast as they are turning up 3G There....Move further north please!!

Yes. Well. Florida does have a lot of sites. We should get some more integration techs down here and get Florida going.

• Like 1

I sent a tweet out to @sprintcare asking when 800 Mhz would be turned up around here....and of course you know the usual spiel...., "Send me your cross street and zip code and I'll take a look" They told me that the tower i'm on would be turned up by Summer....So I replied back, "End of summer or Beginning of summer?" (Cause there's a good time difference there) And they told me Beginning...by summertime. So we shall see....but as we all know. Take everything they say with a grain of salt..LOL....Hopefully Masa Son really is putting fire under their arses!

• Like 1