I've had no luck locating the area on I-4, between Fairbanks and Princeton. Everything between Winter Park and OIA seems to be an LTE void. Not much 3G either.

There is a tower on Conway near the airport that may give it LTE (but i don't know if it will be strong inside the airport because of the distance), it is reportedly complete along with a few other Orlando market towers but they haven't been turned on yet for unknown reasons. Also there is a tower that is in front of sweet tomatoes on colonial near fashion square that has the sprint LTE panels up but i don't think its complete.

• Like 1

There is a tower on Conway near the airport that may give it LTE (but i don't know if it will be strong inside the airport because of the distance), it is reportedly complete along with a few other Orlando market towers but they haven't been turned on yet for unknown reasons. Also there is a tower that is in front of sweet tomatoes on colonial near fashion square that has the sprint LTE panels up but i don't think its complete.

I live in Conway, so I'll have took for it. But if it is ear Hoffner & Conway, it definitely has not been turned on since I only get 3G there.

there's a big tower in Downtown Orlando that I drive by everyday coming home from the office, its just off of...17/92 and Virginia Dr. It looks to be on Brookhaven Dr, just to the right of Lake Highland Preparatory. Can't quite tell if work has been done as there are so many panels and antennas on it but I'll see if I can get a few shots of it.

Have a feeling another tower in Sanford went live. I walked outside and had really good 4G, usually only 1 bar, or 4 bars 3g (depending on tower I connect too) but had full LTE bars and got a 25mbs down speed test. going to try and go to tower site I believe it is and look (by Seminole Courthouse on 17-92 in Sanford)

That Sanford tower was schedule for two data speed upgrades. I might have received its second one

Hello everyone!! I'm recently new here, but I've been following this topic for quite some time now. I've been keeping a close eye to Kmshadoze's posts since I live in Lake Mary as well. I'm on the west side of town right next to I-4. I live very close to the Lake Emma Rd/I-4 tower (about a mile away) and luckily, I got to speak to one of the operators around 5pm today (I think their company name was "Western Towers" or something like that I didn't look at their logo). I asked him, "Is this a Sprint tower you're working on?" he said, "Yeah we just got clearance to work on this tower and install 4G" (I knew there was a birds nest up there so they needed to get approval). To cut the story short, he told me some good news and some bad news. The good news is installation will be done at least by Friday or by Monday. The bad news is that LTE won't be turned on till the middle of next month, he told me I have to wait till the Samsung or Ericsson vendors to come out and inspect it, but it could be before then. Once everything goes through, they'll switch it on........ At least it's not JULY now so it's ok, I can wait a little longer. Until then I cant wait, I will post speed tests once they turn it on. I drive around Orlando a lot as well and will track new areas with LTE via Sensorly if it hasn't been discovered yet.

Edited by flazfinest665
  • Like 3

Hello everyone!! I'm recently new here, but I've been following this topic for quite some time now. I've been keeping a close eye to Kmshadoze's posts since I live in Lake Mary as well. I'm on the west side of town right next to I-4. I live very close to the Lake Emma Rd/I-4 tower (about a mile away) and luckily, I got to speak to one of the operators around 5pm today (I think their company name was "Western Towers" or something like that I didn't look at their logo). I asked him, "Is this a Sprint tower you're working on?" he said, "Yeah we just got clearance to work on this tower and install 4G" (I knew there was a birds nest up there so they needed to get approval). To cut the story short, he told me some good news and some bad news. The good news is installation will be done at least by Friday or by Monday. The bad news is that LTE won't be turned on till the middle of next month, he told me I have to wait till the Samsung or Ericsson vendors to come out and inspect it, but it could be before then. Once everything goes through, they'll switch it on........ At least it's not JULY now so it's ok, I can wait a little longer. Until then I cant wait, I will post speed tests once they turn it on. I drive around Orlando a lot as well and will track new areas with LTE via Sensorly if it hasn't been discovered yet.

I wonder if a lot of the other complete but not active towers will come on at that time as well. Thanks for the info.

Western Towers was also the company working on the tower at Lake Underhill and Huckleberry Finn Dr., near BJs/Lowes and the fire station a few weeks ago. Maybe all those towers will be turned on around the same time.

Interesting to know. I am glad to hear that. I wonder what happen to the birds nest. The thing was HUGE, it covered the entire top of the tower, but glad to see no longer an issue. When I was there, the guy was telling me the LTE was installed already and just needed to run it up the tower and turn it on. Either way, I too am glad itll be done before July, that tower will give really good LTE coverage to the Lake Mary area.

It could have been Westower, hard to read when driving by the trucks. :D

Definitely Westower Communications, I just drove by there again and I saw the name. There were 2 guys up there today messin with some cables, couldn't really tell what they were doin

Edited by flazfinest665

I wonder if a lot of the other complete but not active towers will come on at that time as well. Thanks for the info.

Maybe, but personally i doubt it only because some towers need to get extra clearance before being worked on due to bird nests while others don't have to go through that process.

Definitely Westower Communications, I just drove by there again and I saw the name. There were 2 guys up there today messin with some cables, couldn't really tell what they were doin

Westower Communications is the name on tons of permits in my area I wonder how many workers they have, essentially when half of those permits expire within 30 days..

Thanks cant wait till Lake Mary gets it

Interesting to know. I am glad to hear that. I wonder what happen to the birds nest. The thing was HUGE, it covered the entire top of the tower, but glad to see no longer an issue. When I was there, the guy was telling me the LTE was installed already and just needed to run it up the tower and turn it on. Either way, I too am glad itll be done before July, that tower will give really good LTE coverage to the Lake Mary area.

The bird nest is still there so I'm assuming the nest is not occupied. LTE is installed already, but like you said they're currently running it up to the tower right now. So yeah, on average I roughly get 1.2 - 1.8Mbps on that tower for 3G which isn't that bad, quite good compared to the surrounding towers in the area. Excited to find out what LTE is going to bring. :)

interesting.. I live by SCC, so BC that tower would be awesome. The Sanford Ave. one reaches me, and one by the VW dealership by courthouse is being worked on. If BOTH come on soon.Lake Mary going to be having AMAXING LTE speeds.

• Like 1