Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

Half a mile to maybe 10 miles. Depends on tower height, downtilt, terrain, etc.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Lol, I think most of Sprint's towers around here maybe go a quarter mile, lol. In my area the buildings around mess with the signal severely. I really hope the network vision upgrade improves the sigal range, even just a little. Where I live now I get 1 bar (100+) all the time but I'm hoping that the upgrade allows me to get at least 2 or more bars of signal. I use an Airave and it sucks and causes severe messaging issues.

Got an 2 LTE blip last night when I was picking up my daughter at Lawrence and Gateway in Boynton Beach. It blinked on and off and then again after I turn airplane mode on and off. Couldn't get it to come back after that and was ready to test with Sensorly. Location is only a half mile from the tower.

I decided to drive to this site everyone is talking about here in Miami. NW 183st and 47th ave...WOW!!! I'm jealous and spoiled LOL. The LTE here is fast. I performed many tests and noticed when you are towards east side (beach) of tower you get the best speeds. ju4a9yra.jpg7yvepu8e.jpge5u4y6ep.jpg

My speed resultssusygagy.jpguru3uqy4.jpg

Field Test menu when on LTE. 9yqu7y3u.jpg

I'm using an iPhone 5. I noticed within a mile away my 3G went to LTE. Now I'm anxious. I live like 30 miles away south from here. My office is like 10 miles away. I'm a contractor and I just happened to be around the area.

Best speed I got uqamutuv.jpg

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

Edited by SJperformance
  • Like 3

SJperformance, I did the same thing this morning. I live close to the tower and had to drive by so I pulled in and tested the speed. :)

Awesome speeds right. I can't wait to have sprint LTE in Kendall. Everything on my iPhone was snappy. Downloaded some mp3's/Facebook/safari/Instagram. LTE is great indeed. I don't expect these ridiculous speeds when it's fully deployed. But I can settle with anything half of that. Right now my 3G I slacking. it's torture to have a LTE device and not have LTE service within your area LOL

Awesome speeds right. I can't wait to have sprint LTE in Kendall. Everything on my iPhone was snappy. Downloaded some mp3's/Facebook/safari/Instagram. LTE is great indeed. I don't expect these ridiculous speeds when it's fully deployed. But I can settle with anything half of that. Right now my 3G I slacking. it's torture to have a LTE device and not have LTE service within your area LOL

I can't wait for LTE either! You guys are lucky you live so close to the tower! I know it will probably half as fast once everyone is on it but hell I'd settle for two hamsters in an enclosed tubular cage sending messages to each other than my current 3G speeds of 10Kbps!

I guess I am missing something here and alot jealous but why would Sprint light up that area first and not anther area where people have more newer phones with LTE? I know that area and it is populated with less than the average income. It just makes no marketing sense to me.

I guess I am missing something here and alot jealous but why would Sprint light up that area first and not anther area where people have more newer phones with LTE? I know that area and it is populated with less than the average income. It just makes no marketing sense to me.

Most likely to test it first because not that many people will complain if for whatever reason the tower went down as if a site that has a more populated sprint area. Thats just what i think

I agree. This is a low income part of Miami. I'm sure most of the people here use metroPCS. This place is like 30-34 miles north of where I live. Give or take should've turned one on close to Miami airport...area close to international/dolphin mall or maybe Doral or Kendall. My opinion.

The location of the upgrades have nothing to do with socioeconomic status, device saturation or market size. It's simply the first tower to have completed backhaul, and have all the pieces in place. Sprint is not picking certain sites over others, it just the order in which they are physically able to complete the upgrades. Do no read into the locations of upgraded towers, because there is nothing there.

• Like 6

The location of the upgrades have nothing to do with social economic status' date=' device saturation or market size. It's simply the first tower to have completed backhaul, and have all the pieces in place. Sprint is not picking certain sites over others, it just the order in which they are physically able to complete the upgrades. Do no read into the locations of upgraded towers, because there is nothing there.[/quote']

Thank you. I was reading the comments and rolling my eyes, not looking forward to typing the response. I appreciate you posting it for me. :tu:

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

...just want my LTE already...such a tease I experienced today on my i5 @ Miami Gardens today...hey the Miami Dolphins are tied for first in the division...the tower is within minutes from there...LOL

At work by Sheridan Street and 441. Last week my GS3 was on EVDO. This week it switched to EHRPD. Now this morning I noticed my phone says 4G. But speeds are slow (1.4 megs) down and it keeps switching between 3G and 4G. Any thoughts on this?

• Like 1

Hey all, I am new here so am not aware if this has been discussed but I am now getting excellent LTE coverage whenever I am in the Hallandale Beach, FL - Miami Gardens, FL area. I've attached a screen shot. Really looking forward to 4G coming on live in South Florida.

post-6263-0-65807000-1350478721_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Hey all, I am new here so am not aware if this has been discussed but I am now getting excellent LTE coverage whenever I am in the Hallandale Beach, FL - Miami Gardens, FL area. I've attached a screen shot. Really looking forward to 4G coming on live in South Florida.

Awesome, glad to see some progress being made in Florida. I am waiting for the improvements here in Tampa myself. You should download the Sensorly app and map the LTE in the area for us.

At work by Sheridan Street and 441. Last week my GS3 was on EVDO. This week it switched to EHRPD. Now this morning I noticed my phone says 4G. But speeds are slow (1.4 megs) down and it keeps switching between 3G and 4G. Any thoughts on this?

You are just on the edge of a LTE signal. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner