Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

This might be an interesting bit of news. This morning I was connected to regular sprint 3g, and as customary, I ran a speedtest and actually got some decent speeds averaging about 1.5~1.7 mpbs. I checked and I was connected to EVDO, I just checked now out of curiousity and I just connected to eHRPD. I have been in the same location for that past 2 hours, but I can say that I am very much excited right now :D

-Luis

• Like 1

More specifically Hollywood, Fl. I am constantly "speed testing" and looking at my mobile network type on a daily basis and for the first ever I have been able to find "eHRPD:13" under mobile network type! And I dont know if this goes hand in hand but the 3g Speeds have greatly decreased (perhaps theyre doing work on the towers currently slowing down data speeds?). Usually I get speeds around 400 to 500 kbps.

Good news? Hope so. My friend had to rub it in my face.. Texting a screen shot of his new iphone 5 on ATT in South Fl with LTE speeds of 30 MB. Grrrr.

Dude where are you getting those speeds! They are blazing fast! I'm being dead serious! Come to Lauderhill and you'll get 40Kbps down and 10Kbps up! I've been checking like crazy too for eHRPD and I haven't found any towers near me to have it yet. But if you are getting that it means the tower has started the Network Vision update. It doesn't mean it's done yet. How many towers have you seen that have it? But you're also not the first to complain about bad speeds or pings on eHRPD. Can anyone explain this?

I included a screenshot of my Network Connections that says eHRPD.

If it helps I'm in the Dadeland area in Miami, FL

Zip Code 33156

-Luis

Dude that screen is so shopped! Lol,j/k but it is kinda weird there is no number next to the eHRPD identifier?

Haha I've been to spots like around sunrise blvd by the beach where I get 1 Mbps down all day. But ya most places around me I get horrendous speeds. I just noticed the eHRPD status change for the first time at my house. I'm gonna be on the lookout for more locations. Hopefully LTE will start lighting up in the next 2 or 3 months :/ I can't stand seeing my buddy blaze though apps and websites and me get no connection

Dude that screen is so shopped! Lol,j/k but it is kinda weird there is no number next to the eHRPD identifier?

Maybe it's a Sense thing. My partner also has an EVO LTE and his doesn't have anumber either.

-Luis

P.S. How would my screen be PhotoShopped? Is it because of the GROUPON? ;P

Sweet! I'm still on EVDO Rev A up the road at the U of M.

You should be on eHRPD. I was there late in the afternoon yesterday, and it showed me as connected to eHRPD.

If it helps, try updating your profile, that's what seems to trigger the eHRPD as far as I can tell.

-Luis

Haha I've been to spots like around sunrise blvd by the beach where I get 1 Mbps down all day. But ya most places around me I get horrendous speeds. I just noticed the eHRPD status change for the first time at my house. I'm gonna be on the lookout for more locations. Hopefully LTE will start lighting up in the next 2 or 3 months :/ I can't stand seeing my buddy blaze though apps and websites and me get no connection

i've noticed that the Ping times have been great, ranging from 90~127, but data speeds haven't been that much better. Only yesterday in the morning were the speeds better for me. But for the rest of the day they weren't that great. I was however able to load youtube videos with lower Ping times.

-Luis

You should be on eHRPD. I was there late in the afternoon yesterday, and it showed me as connected to eHRPD.

If it helps, try updating your profile, that's what seems to trigger the eHRPD as far as I can tell.

-Luis

Yup that did it. No improvement in speeds though.

I just checked as well at home. I have eHRPD I am somewhat near to SW 160 ST and SW 102 AVE

I guess they updated all the towers around? I know when I was near that LTE tower that isn't active yet it didn't connect to eHRPD. Maybe I should check on my day off again. Monday.

Well here's something interesting. I was looking at the usage on my bill and it shows that my wife's S3 has used some 4g data this month. It was less than 1MB but interesting just the same. Her regular 3G usage is much much higher of course, so I don't know if the 4g usage is just a glitch or if she happened to pass thru a 4g area somewhere. I know my friend that's a tower tech has told me that several towers already have the LTE equipment but they aren't live for some reason.

Edited by Jaggrey
  • Like 1

First time posting here. I've been watching this forum ever since I read about it on imore. I live in Miami (Kendall) by tamiami airport. I'm actually close to a tower. I've been hearing and reading that Sprint will soon be deploying better 3G and LTE here. I know many who are already picking up eHRPD. I'm constantly doing speed tests. Check out these speeds I picked up saturday morning when I was walking my dog. I hope Sprint's LTE in Miami will soon be deployed. Im using an iPhone 5. I know 3G nor Sprint aren't capable of these speeds. On my iPhone I have my LTE turned to ON. What you guys think? BTW this is a great and informative forum. Keep up the good work.

ynu2ateb.jpg

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

• Like 1

First time posting here. I've been watching this forum ever since I read about it on imore. I live in Miami (Kendall) by tamiami airport. I'm actually close to a tower. I've been hearing and reading that Sprint will soon be deploying better 3G and LTE here. I know many who are already picking up eHRPD. I'm constantly doing speed tests. Check out these speeds I picked up saturday morning when I was walking my dog. I hope Sprint's LTE in Miami will soon be deployed. Im using an iPhone 5. I know 3G nor Sprint aren't capable of these speeds. On my iPhone I have my LTE turned to ON. What you guys think? BTW this is a great and informative forum. Keep up the good work.

ynu2ateb.jpg

I never knew that imore.com mentioned this site. Thanks for letting us know.

As for that speedtest there, did your phone ever show LTE in the status bar when you took that test? If so, you may be the first in Miami to report LTE being active there.

I never knew that imore.com mentioned this site. Thanks for letting us know.

As for that speedtest there, did your phone ever show LTE in the status bar when you took that test? If so, you may be the first in Miami to report LTE being active there.

On imore forums. Carriers/sprint section this forum has been mentioned by other users. And no my iPhone never showed LTE on the status bar. I always leave my LTE on since I got my iPhone 5 2 weeks ago in hopes I would pick up LTE once deployed. I'm hoping it is here soon as I'm considering switching my 2 lines to AT&T or Verizon. I like sprint. Never have issues with them. It's just the horrendous speeds that have bothered me.

Those are some fast speeds man but 11 mbps is way above 3g as far as i know. Does any one know if sprint has accepted sites yet? Or any news on the west palm/miami market i havnt heard much as of late

Those are some fast speeds man but 11 mbps is way above 3g as far as i know. Does any one know if sprint has accepted sites yet? Or any news on the west palm/miami market i havnt heard much as of late

Still no accepted sites in Florida after this week's update. :td:

Robert

ive noticed most of you guys putting up screen shots of your phones picking up eHRPD are using androids. any of you using an iphone? if so where can I find this detail. When I go to settings/about and go to Carrier just noticed sprint 13.0/PRL 55008/ERI 1. Would I have to go to field test to find this? thanx