Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

Ok I made my contribution too. Now what? Awesome site by the way!

I have already waved my upgrade wand over you. Thanks for supporting S4GRU.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

In Hollywood, I drove by Johnson street and parked right by Memorial Hospital. 33 megs down and 9 megs up.

I live on Hollywood Beach 2 buildings north of the Diplomat Hotel and right now my speeds suck on my iPhone 5 I'm getting Ping:954 download:0.02 upload:0.12 and this is how it has been through out south Florida from downtown Miami to Boynton Beach for me from day one with my iPhone 5 and Sprint service. By the way I took a trip from my office(a few blocks away from Jackson Memorial Hospital) to Glades Rd exit by Glades Rd and 441 in Boca Raton to see Family via 95 North and the whole way there and once I got there I could not use the phone at all for data, nothing would load at all none of apps, Siri, or web browsing and when I tried to make a call with in a few second the call would drop. So then the next day we went from Boca Raton to Delray Beach to see more family and the same thing keeps happening with the data and voice. So after that later in the day we went to Boynton Beach where LTE has been conferred via a screen shots by a user with an iPhone 5(just like me) and when I went to Boyton Beach no LTE at all and we went through most of Boynton Beach, and the Speeds where the same like always.

Going indoors you lose about -8dBm to -12dBm on average, and some building types it can be worse than that...and that is regardless of frequency. 1900 will be much better than WiMax, not only because of the frequency difference, but LTE works to approximately -95dBm RSSI (or -120 RSRP equivalent), but WiMax only worked to -82 to -95dBm RSSI.

So if you were in a place that had -82dBm WiMax, but went inside, it would go up to approx -90dBm and you would have no 4G signal. But if you had LTE from the same tower, your -82dBm signal would be more likely -78dBm in LTE (because 1900 would be stronger). Then you go inside, you lose 8dBm and your signal is now -86dBm LTE on 1900. Which is very usable in a place where WiMax wouldn't even reach before.

LTE performance is very signal strength dependent, no matter the frequency. Anything that causes the signal strength to go down, will also cause your speeds to reduce. Going away from the tower, going indoors, etc. Having 5Mbps LTE speeds indoors when you are not near a tower will be normal performance.

Could be construction of his home or maybe the signals just not broadcasting at full range. I noticed lte dropped about a mile away. Considering there were no obstacles in the way, I thought that was weird.

I noticed lte dropped about a mile away. Considering there were no obstacles in the way, I thought that was weird.

Most likely it is due to the downtilt on the cell, in areas that have a denser population, the cells are tilted more in order to maximize capacity rather than maximize range. This will cause each cell to have a small footprint, but there are likely a large number of cells in the area.

i am happy to report that not only has LTE been popping up in south broward (along the 95 corridor) but also 3G speeds have DRASTICALLY improved in those areas as well as areas near the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport. I drove from my house off of stirling east to the 95 and north and then east on the 595 checking 3G speed tests the whole way (I also got a faint LTE signal).. and normally where 3G speeds are abysmal (anywhere from .01 mbps up to about .4 mbps in the middle of the day) They are now anywhere from .8 mbps off of stirling up to 1.6 mbps CONSISTENTLY as I continued to do speed test after speed test. Ping times were under 90 ms as well. Crazy to see once I passed the airport, it's like I hit a wall and all of a sudden, bam, speeds were back to .08 mbps and ping times 800+. This is besides the LTE that I have confirmed from Sheridan St southward to just north of Hallandale Beach Blvd.

i am happy to report that not only has LTE been popping up in south broward (along the 95 corridor) but also 3G speeds have DRASTICALLY improved in those areas as well as areas near the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport. I drove from my house off of stirling east to the 95 and north and then east on the 595 checking 3G speed tests the whole way (I also got a faint LTE signal).. and normally where 3G speeds are abysmal (anywhere from .01 mbps up to about .4 mbps in the middle of the day) They are now anywhere from .8 mbps off of stirling up to 1.6 mbps CONSISTENTLY as I continued to do speed test after speed test. Ping times were under 90 ms as well. Crazy to see once I passed the airport, it's like I hit a wall and all of a sudden, bam, speeds were back to .08 mbps and ping times 800+. This is besides the LTE that I have confirmed from Sheridan St southward to just north of Hallandale Beach Blvd.

Where on Hallandale beach Blvd? Because I live right on Hollywood beach 1 min away from Hallandale and took Hallandale Beach Blvd from the Hallandale Beach bridge all the way to 441 today in the afternoon and I got no LTE and the 3G speed was the normal horrible pre network vision 3G speed where nobody can do anything and the ping was at and around 1,090 and the download was at and around 0.01 and the upload was at and around 0.06.

I almost was killed in Hallandale...true story. I will not be going back any time soon.

Where on Hallandale beach Blvd? Because I live right on Hollywood beach 1 min away from Hallandale and took Hallandale Beach Blvd from the Hallandale Beach bridge all the way to 441 today in the afternoon and I got no LTE and the 3G speed was the normal horrible pre network vision 3G speed where nobody can do anything and the ping was at and around 1,090 and the download was at and around 0.01 and the upload was at and around 0.06.

i was on the 95. i didnt actually get off hallandale beach blvd. but passing over it i got a strong signal. i did get a signal when i got off sheridan and stirling going both east and west for a couple of miles which was cool too.

What were you doing in Hallandale?

I went to an all night laundromat to get quarters. Bad idea.

Wish I had some lte tower work to complain about ;)

Tower locations in my area are still 100% void of workers.. Just rust and tumbleweeds blowing out of the fence when I pass them.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

Sensorly is hard.

I want to know as well. Hopefully its all over. Flipping them switches on like mad.

Is it possible you could extract more information from your brother? Like where exactly...?

ok he said he was on bird road and 127 ave off of 836 west