Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

I might have quoted the wrong tower. There's another tower on Miami Gardens and 47th that might be Sprint. I just got almost 30mbit down and 10mbit up! In Sensorly it only did about 9 mbit down' date=' but in the Speed Test app I just got like 25 mbit down.[/quote']

The Sensorly speed test app has less servers to use. In some markets they do not produce ideal results.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before? Last night I went out and unlike previous nights which my phone was picking up eHRPD in most areas, nada! I tried in every area I went to turning my phone to airplane mode, changing from LTE/CDMA and back, and updating profile/PRL again and again. eHRPD was just receivable, lol?! Is it possible for Sprint to have just disabled it for the whole area as I drove to multiple cities and towers and none had eHRPD that my phone could detect. My phone other recent nights would usually show 1XRTT then CDMA EVDO and finally eHRPD. Last night it just stopped at CDMA EVDO. I even drove up to the tower that ejw said was already updated to network vision and had the panels on it, yet no eHRPD? Do you think it's my EVO LTE? Maybe the reason the phone never makes it to LTE (in LTE areas) is that the eHRPD handoff is the issue not actually LTE? Any ideas? Thanks. :)

Actually yesterday I was also checking whether I was connected to eHRPD and like you my phone wasnt connecting to eHRPD in areas where it used to connect (and I have a S3)...

Yesterday I didnt think much of it, but what a big coincidence you would post this...

I did get it back after cycling from LTE - CDMA - LTE..

I tried that a million times in every city I went to but it never fixed it for me. All my friends have the iPhone 5 and I haven't found a way to see what connection type they have in the settings so I couldn't tell on theirs.

They can cycle the eHRPD off at will.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I was just thinking why would they cycle it off at will? Is it easy to turn in all off? What do you think is going on with the market, do you think they are having major issues or something else? Thanks again.

I was just thinking why would they cycle it off at will? Is it easy to turn in all off? What do you think is going on with the market, do you think they are having major issues or something else? Thanks again.

Possibly load testing the data paths and equipment in the 4G cores.

I posted this in another post but I think it belongs in here. well I live in Hollywood FL zip 33019 and once last Friday My iPhone 5 had picked up LTE for literally a few seconds and it never came back again. But the phone is always starting to go from service to searching now when LTE is enabled ever since that happened, but it never picks up LTE and it ends up going back to the way it was. Also, it's starting to do this quite often, so what does that mean? and why did LTE come up for such a quick second and never came back again? could it be people working on the tower checking something?

I posted this in another post but I think it belongs in here. well I live in Hollywood FL zip 33019 and once last Friday My iPhone 5 had picked up LTE for literally a few seconds and it never came back again. But the phone is always starting to go from service to searching now when LTE is enabled ever since that happened' date=' but it never picks up LTE and it ends up going back to the way it was. Also, it's starting to do this quite often, so what does that mean? and why did LTE come up for such a quick second and never came back again? could it be people working on the tower checking something?[/quote']

Most likely they are working on a nearby tower, or you are out of range of a more distant power where you had an RF anomaly where the distant signal was just barely strong enough at that moment in the position and location you were in at that exact moment.

Most likely they are working on a nearby tower, or you are out of range of a more distant power where you had an RF anomaly where the distant signal was just barely strong enough at that moment in the position and location you were in at that exact moment.

but even when I drive around any where I never get it either, like I said before the closet I get to LTE is my phone searching. Also, I seen you post a screen shot of someone having LTE in Boyton Beach FL(I think) and I happened to go there the other day to see family and we drove around most of Boyton Beach and I never got the LTE I seen from the screen shot, in fact most of the time I was here I got the "0"

Edited by bigj954

but even when I drive around any where I never get it either, like I said before the closet I get to LTE is my phone searching. Also, I seen you post a screen shot of someone having LTE in Boyton Beach FL(I think) and I happened to go there the other day to see family and we drove around most of Boyton Beach and I never got the LTE I seen from the screen shot, in fact most of the time I was here I got the "0"

In our Sponsor section we show maps of completed Network Vision/LTE sites that have been accepted by Sprint. The location of a site near Boynton Beach appeared in yesterday's update: Here is the link for more information about becoming a Sponsor of this site: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert

In our Sponsor section we show maps of completed Network Vision/LTE sites that have been accepted by Sprint. The location of a site near Boynton Beach appeared in yesterday's update: Here is the link for more information about becoming a Sponsor of this site: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert

So if a site was accepted by sprint in boynton does that mean lte is active? Or work has just startes? I live in boca raton and i looked at a few towers an the one i posted pics of the one tower thats being worked on in a topic i started but i also looked at a few other towers an the panels on the others were very small. I think there is ony one tower in boca that has been worked on in boca raton.

So if a site was accepted by sprint in boynton does that mean lte is active? Or work has just startes? I live in boca raton and i looked at a few towers an the one i posted pics of the one tower thats being worked on in a topic i started but i also looked at a few other towers an the panels on the others were very small. I think there is ony one tower in boca that has been worked on in boca raton.

If it is accepted by Sprint, it means that at the time it was accepted by Sprint, the 4G LTE was completely up and running. Early in a market deployment though, it is not uncommon for Sprint to stop allowing LTE connections to a complete LTE site. The Boynton Beach site was still active over the weekend. We will not know if Sprint will decide to start blocking it unless people can no longer connect.

Robert

I was at the sprint tower at NW 47 Ave and 183 St.

Did a speed test and got 30 down & 13 up

Where is that? Like what city? I called a sprint store an they told me boca will be live in the end of november

Where is that? Like what city? I called a sprint store an they told me boca will be live in the end of november

Miami-Dade county. North of Palmeto Expressway on NW 47 Ave exit ramp

Edited by dlocks

Anybody knows how far LTE signals go. I was getting a 4g signal for about 2 1/2 miles from the tower.Lost signal after crossing the turnpike extension

Half a mile to maybe 10 miles. Depends on tower height, downtilt, terrain, etc.