Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

I'm curious if once B26 and CDMA800 the Palmerton area will have decent coverage. Once you cross the mountain on 248 there isn't a Sprint tower for miles and you get nothing but Verizon roaming.

As of Friday, still Verizon coverage. I dropped the call about a mile or so east of the turnpike.

Haha, that was sort of a joke! Get it?

Now that I read the Egypt part... Yes! :P

On another note, Emmaus still doesn't have any B26. Maybe this week they'll continue driving around to enable it. If its on in Bethlehem, they're probably starting to make the rounds. A few weeks ago it was only B25 here.

Slow as can be 3g with no 4G in KofP today....

And then I hit Home depot and it kicks in...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Edited by rcro

Just saw Jason Aldean perform at Citizens Bank Park. Couldn't use any data at all for about the first two hours. Not even 1x! Not sure what was going on. Then around 9:15 or so I had a great LTE signal (-84) but it was still spotty. A sign of congestion or something else going on?

At first I thought there was some B26 going on. My and my mom's EVO LTEs didn't have any data connection while my sister's iPhone 5c said LTE. But she tried to Google something and there was no connection. To which she commented, "But I have LTE!" And then frowned.

I told her once, after checking the bill, that she was using a crazy amount of data (like 9 GB on unlimited) and asked her what she was doing to use so much, and if she knew she was. "What's that mean?" She responded. I said something and then she said, "Oh, is that what LTE is? If so then I use that all the time!!!"

Women.

Anyone had any luck with network tickets? I don't have LTE yet at home but having slow 3G (~0.25 Mbps) and I opened ticket. It took 3 days for someone to call me back, and now I always miss their calls. They keep saying nothing is wrong and keep asking for the same information over and over ... The RSSI, PN code and a speed test. It's becoming very circular.

They just called me now, I am not at home so they wouldn't do anything. Even though the hotspot is always in the same place and there is only one tower it connects to. I told them to use the same information as yesterday but they refused.

I don't have broadband at home so the hotspot is our internet connection.

I don't have broadband at home so the hotspot is our internet connection.

That's why it's probably slow. Too many other people in your sector also don't have a home internet connection.

Reporting 3G issues is a waste of time in most instances. They really don't want to add T1 lines and more EVDO carriers at this stage in the game. Until LTE is live at your site and upgraded backhaul, there probably just won't be much Sprint will be willing to do at your site.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

That's why it's probably slow. Too many other people in your sector also don't have a home internet connection.

Reporting 3G issues is a waste of time in most instances. They really don't want to add T1 lines and more EVDO carriers at this stage in the game. Until LTE is live at your site and upgraded backhaul, there probably just won't be much Sprint will be willing to do at your site.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I tell them that so they know that there are probably lots of people on there.

I talked to them yesterday again. Probably the 4th call back I've had with them. The person yesterday said they actually went to the site and "made some modifications" whatever that might mean. He had me switch the Mifi to 3G Only ... As if it would matter because there's no LTE. (??) Then had me turn off the connection optimizer on my phone and switch to CDMA Only. Which I've since turned back to LTE.

He did say he saw lots of things scheduled for surrounding areas (like New Tripoli, Kempton, and Germansville) "in the next 3 months". So I'll take that with a grain of salt.

So, I'm not sure if they actually did anything, or they just said they did. I also moved the hotspot to a different place. It usually had a signal somewhere around -90 where I had it, but I just noticed yesterday that the Ec/Io in that spot was -6. I moved it to a different window and now it is -85 and -1. And it seemed to improve ... So I'm not sure if that was it all along, or if they did change something. (also I just figured out last night what Ec/Io actually means!)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My complaining and ticket-creating must have lead somewhere after all ... just got these speed tests:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3715410132

3715421759.png

Never seen 3G perform that well, especially the 2nd test.

Now, if only it were consistent...

I've had a few like that before, now its back to under 1Mbps on average.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I was down Temple Hospital earlier this evening to see my nephew who came into this world tonight and I was shocked I had better service than my family everywhere we went. B41 most of the time if not B25 and 1x800 (on eHRPD for data) in really bad locations when they all had no bars or limited LTE/3G. Mighty impressed, Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile watch out I just murdered you all tonight. Also pulled the highest speeds I have seen tonight, around 40/10 on B41 with ping around 50ms. :D

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 5

Nice!!! So glad it beat Verizon!

I remember being on the elevator in the parking garage and my brother in law saying "service is terrible here these pics still haven't sent" and he is on AT&T. Meanwhile I was on B41 sending MMS and on facebook. :D

Edited by BlueAngel
  • Like 2

This should be the next Sprint commercial.

In the meantime still no LTE up here in the northern half of the LV!

It's the first time I was really impressed with Sprint, if it's going to be like this once everything is complete I can't imagine Verizon and AT&T being number 1 for long. Sprint does have the most spectrum. :lol:

It's the first time I was really impressed with Sprint, if it's going to be like this once everything is complete I can't imagine Verizon and AT&T being number 1 for long. Sprint does have the most spectrum. :lol:

If they can add another 3000 sites for top 30 markets from 2015, that will close the gap of coverage a lot. Definitely they can beat Tmo for sure with additional sites counted in.