Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

Well sometime this afternoon Sprint cranked up B41 by my house, I am actually getting LTE inside of my house now. Anywhere from 100-125 or so but more than usable, now if they can just do the same for B26 and I will be happy.

Still waiting for any LTE here. I wonder what the chances are of them turning up all 3 bands at once, when the backhaul arrives? Especially since it's so late in the NV game.

Still waiting for any LTE here. I wonder what the chances are of them turning up all 3 bands at once, when the backhaul arrives? Especially since it's so late in the NV game.

Given that you've explained you live in a rural area and I know the LV never got WiMax, you're definitely not going to be getting B41 for a while.

What is the satellite picture?

In Google maps, you can have a regular map view or you can select a satellite view overlay. I wouldn't use the satellite view when on a 3G connection. It can be too slow to load the satellite pictures.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

They are the same.

Got my N5 to activate. One matter for others in the future: There's a difference between the Nexus 5 micro SIM card and the Moto X's.

In Settings -> More -> Mobile Networks -> Preferred Network Type, I have LTE (recommended). Does this matter?

Thank you for all your help!

• 3 weeks later...

So is it safe to assume that the B41 in the Lehigh Valley are 8t8r sites since no legacy Clearwire was deployed there? Also, I got consistent B26 through the west side of Bethlehem. All in all the network has made some pretty staggering progress.

• Like 1

So is it safe to assume that the B41 in the Lehigh Valley are 8t8r sites since no legacy Clearwire was deployed there? Also, I got consistent B26 through the west side of Bethlehem. All in all the network has made some pretty staggering progress.

Yup.

Yup.

I miss my old unlimited plan, could have done more speedtests! I did 2 when on B41 and both averaged ~30mbps which is a far cry from the .01 mbps I used to get on 3G in the dark days in Allentown. It's amazing to finally see Sprint have the technology in place to deploy all of their spectrum resources. It's an interesting contrast being in a Shentel market normally. While Shentel doesn't have the lows I've encountered in some Sprint corporate areas over the years, they also don't have the highs that Sprint currently has with B41.

• Like 1

I thought 8T8R was supposed to have speeds like 60+?

You thought wrong. Peak speeds can be over 70Mbps. Many of the 8T8R sites are going live before the backhaul speeds are upgraded further to support the increased capacity. And that's a good thing. It's better to have a 20MHz channel added for capacity now that can run 30-40Mbps than leave it sit there for a few months before it can run full speed. But additional B41 carriers will not be able to be added until the backhaul is increased.