Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

Did you update the prl?

Sent from my Note 4.

Didn't know you could do this on iPhone (I'm an Android kinda guy) - I'll give it a try.  Thx.

• Like 1

I'm not an iPhone person either. I just assume there's a way to do it.

Sent from my Note 4.

There is.  It is obscure.  It seems to have worked.  Thanks for the help!!

• Like 1

Ya there is its ##update# then hit the call button and it will update the data profile and prl info on the phone. 

There is. It is obscure. It seems to have worked. Thanks for the help!!

You're welcome. That was literally a shot in the dark. I was anticipating you saying you already did it when I originally posted but I'm glad it fixed it.

Sent from my Note 4.

You're welcome. That was literally a shot in the dark. I was anticipating you saying you already did it when I originally posted but I'm glad it fixed it.

Sent from my Note 4.

Also, there is a major reported Sprint outage in the Midwest where my phones call home, and I wonder if this has somehow affected trying to call them??

Very strange.  (Plus, my house is about a mile from the newly reported Lake in the Hills Earthquake - Is the Apocalypse upon us???)

(Edit: It was a tiny earthquake.)

• Like 1

Yeah, because 8 Mbps is **so** terrible! (Sarcasm)

The average person wouldn't even know if they have an 8 Mbps connection or not. And if that's reason for them to leave Sprint, let 'em.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

The average person wouldn't even know if they have an 8 Mbps connection or not. And if that's reason for them to leave Sprint, let 'em.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I agree with you, even 3 Mbps is fast enough for HD video.

• Like 1

This just observation of how i saw band 41 at airport and in philly . Clearwire sites def need upgrade and backhaul not that strong . I was in ikea and tower was across street and could not get band 26 to pentration until i get 2 the front door. But 3g is good and band 25 not bad , only drop 3g once . In delaware i pull 40mbps and up most sites have band 41.

This just observation of how i saw band 41 at airport and in philly . Clearwire sites def need upgrade and backhaul not that strong . I was in ikea and tower was across street and could not get band 26 to pentration until i get 2 the front door. But 3g is good and band 25 not bad , only drop 3g once . In delaware i pull 40mbps and up most sites have band 41.

In my experience, all cell signals have a tough time in IKEA. I think they use building materials that are hard on cell signals.

Sent from my Note 4.

IKEA's are tough for all carriers.  I swear they build those things out of lead and concrete.  You get iffy low frequency signals on top levels of IKEAs and virtually no signal on lower levels.  IKEA's should deploy DAS systems.

• Like 1

IKEA's are tough for all carriers.  I swear they build those things out of lead and concrete.  You get iffy low frequency signals on top levels of IKEAs and virtually no signal on lower levels.  IKEA's should deploy DAS systems.

An IKEA just recently opened in the Kansas City metro.  I saw a DAS there.  But to get coverage, you had to assemble it yourself.

AJ

• Like 10

An IKEA just recently opened in the Kansas City metro.  I saw a DAS there.  But to get coverage, you had to assemble it yourself.

AJ

LOL!

AJ

I woke my my dog up, LMFAO, big time, LOL!!!

• Like 1

So i see why people leaving sprint. Was in philly today connected band 41 and most speed test were under 8mbps.network so congested.

Nobody is going to leave Sprint over this. How do you know that ATT/Verizon would have been any better in the same spot? Chances are, they were worse. (More customers)

8-10Mbps on Band 41 means it's doing a lot and keeping the other bands happy. There is nothing wrong. People are using the network -  You can't expect to get 50Mbps speed tests on B41 in a congested area.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Finally have LTE in northwestern Lehigh County/New Tripoli! Appears to have gone live sometime yesterday or today. Standing on my back porch I have a B25 signal around -105 and speed tests between 3 and 5 Mbps. Surprised it's not higher, but I am ~2.5 miles away.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...