Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

I'm going keep reiterating what I've been seeing for a while. In the LV, most towers in Bethlehem/Allentown/Easton city propers have been upgraded. If I toggle airplane mode in these areas, it hangs and attempts to connect to LTE (my phone did this exact same thing in Harrisburg when LTE was live but blocked) and then falls back to 3G. I'm not sure why Sprint is blocking connections currently but when they do go live, there will be pretty solid coverage. At least much better coverage than Roberts maps suggest based on "accepted" sites.

• Like 2

I'm going keep reiterating what I've been seeing for a while. In the LV, most towers in Bethlehem/Allentown/Easton city propers have been upgraded. If I toggle airplane mode in these areas, it hangs and attempts to connect to LTE (my phone did this exact same thing in Harrisburg when LTE was live but blocked) and then falls back to 3G. I'm not sure why Sprint is blocking connections currently but when they do go live, there will be pretty solid coverage. At least much better coverage than Roberts maps suggest based on "accepted" sites.

If you are ever able to send me more ID's of In Progress sites, I'll be happy to add them. You can send them via PM. Thanks!

Robert

I'm in North Philadelphia and frequent West Philadelphia and Center city as well. I've noticed much improvement in my 3G speeds in the last few weeks here are a few screen shots. I know they are not lte or even extremely high speeds, but compared to my usual 60-90 kbps . Major improvement hope this means NV is in full effect.

post-9587-0-52915900-1357807563_thumb.png

• Like 3

Wouldn't let me post more than one pic. First screenshot in previous post was in west kensington (north Philly ) this second one is center city Philadelphia and I got 71 ms ping 1801 kbps DL 707kbps UL . Third in west Philly 75ms ping 1754 kbps DL and 869 kbps UL..

Wouldn't let me post more than one pic. First screenshot in previous post was in west kensington (north Philly ) this second one is center city Philadelphia and I got 71 ms ping 1801 kbps DL 707kbps UL . Third in west Philly 75ms ping 1754 kbps DL and 869 kbps UL..

The user storage is set low to save on Web hosting fees. I have photo bucket upload everything automatically, then I link to the picture. It takes another step, but it's worth it to not have ads.

I was in Miami last week and got consistently above 20mb/s LTE. I was in heaven and wish it would come to Philly soon, cause that's where I live.

P.S. it was amazing. When it comes here it will be even more amazing.

This sighting was my welcome to Miami, *queue Will Smith song*

photo_1.png

photo_2.png

This is the best I can get within 400 yards of a recently completed NV tower in my hometown. It's some serious BS.

photo.jpg

So if sites are ready to go, what would be the reason for them not to be up?

The sites are not ready to go. They will be turned on as each is ready to go.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

I apologize, I misunderstood boosted20v's previous post.

No problem. There is a common misperception when people see new installed RRU's and NV panels, that the site is complete. But it is only 2/3 done at that point. The last third is done in the cabinets and provisioning/testing.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

There was a crew out back of my work yesterday, looks like there are some new panels, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at. It's definitely a Sprint tower so I assume it was NV, they were very quick though, in and out in about 5 hours.

Last night around 4am in the Allentown area I experienced speeds up from .16mbps to as high as 1.11 and was not roaming in areas where I usually was roaming. Is this indicating a launch soon? I sure hope so!

Good to hear of improved speeds in Allentown. Bethlehem speeds were similar and recently have been improved as sites have come online there. I've seen quite a few sites in Allentown with new panels so speeds should definitely start improving as backhaul is in place.

• Like 2

Good to hear of improved speeds in Allentown. Bethlehem speeds were similar and recently have been improved as sites have come online there. I've seen quite a few sites in Allentown with new panels so speeds should definitely start improving as backhaul is in place.

This is great news. Im loving the faster speeds I have been getting the past 2 days. Its only 1.1mbps and I know its nothing compared to what's coming but it is way better and noticeably faster than it was before.

This is great news. Im loving the faster speeds I have been getting the past 2 days. Its only 1.1mbps and I know its nothing compared to what's coming but it is way better and noticeably faster than it was before.

I'm glad you have a realistic view of 3G speeds in saturated areas. Even on NV upgraded 3G, there are so many users in dense cities like Allentown that you're not going to see 2+mb/s speeds at peak times. Now obviously once that 10mhz chunk is turned on for LTE, you can support many more users which should be right around the corner seeing how far they've progressed.

I think we'll see better 3G speeds once LTE is enabled on those same towers in the dense areas. You'll have more users by default connected to LTE, so that will free up some 3G traffic.

Last night around 4am in the Allentown area I experienced speeds up from .16mbps to as high as 1.11 and was not roaming in areas where I usually was roaming. Is this indicating a launch soon? I sure hope so!

Good to hear, did your phone indicate 4g? I have been to Allentown and Bethlehem, I am in Easton and the speeds in all these areas are pathetic.... Keeping fingers crossed.

Edited by 30glock

why doesn't the iphone 5 just support wimax and LTE, there are still networks using wimax too so why not just make everyone happy.

Because no one else uses WiMAX, and it's battery inefficient to cram another radio into a device with another antenna.

3G speeds in Allentown back down to a crappy .06~.2 mbps. When is Allentown expected to see 4G come live?

There is no answer to your question. Each site comes live one at a time the moment it is ready.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD