Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

FWIW, I've been having increased 3G speeds in Edmond and the towers near my work on Memorial & May have been acting like the towers were in Dallas before LTE was activated.

Have you looked for work at those sites? (New cabinets like I posted or RRU's behind the antennas)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I have noticed the signal here in Midwest City acting up the last week but no signs of work being done that I have seen. Last time it acted like this, when it settled down we had improved 3G.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

FWIW, I've been having increased 3G speeds in Edmond and the towers near my work on Memorial & May have been acting like the towers were in Dallas before LTE was activated.

Just as an aside, how is Dallas now in terms of 3G? I'll be going there in mid-march and the maps look like it's coming together rather well - particularly LTE - which I can't use yet heh.

Just as an aside, how is Dallas now in terms of 3G? I'll be going there in mid-march and the maps look like it's coming together rather well - particularly LTE - which I can't use yet heh.

A lot better than Oklahoma. You should notice a difference.

Have you looked for work at those sites? (New cabinets like I posted or RRU's behind the antennas)

I honestly have no idea where the towers are. Becoming a sponsor is on my to-do list so I can find out and follow up. :)

Edited by Razgriz
  • Like 1

Check out these speeds I picked up at my house last night. Maybe NV is creeping into OKC under the radar.

Is it possible to be connected to a tower for voice and an Airave for data at the same time? This is my only concern about the legitness of the speed test. I'm getting 1.2Mbps right now with 2/6 bars.

post-3137-0-21001600-1360898062_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Check out these speeds I picked up at my house last night. Maybe NV is creeping into OKC under the radar.

Is it possible to be connected to a tower for voice and an Airave for data at the same time? This is my only concern about the legitness of the speed test. I'm getting 1.2Mbps right now with 2/6 bars.

So my first question is, do you have an airave? I think that while connected, your phone would use that for voice and data, but I am not sure.

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

So my first question is, do you have an airave? I think that while connected, your phone would use that for voice and data, but I am not sure.

I dont have an Airave but my neighbor does. When connected to the Airave it will say EVDO Rev A. Instead of Ehrpd. I used *99 to check if I'm connected and it and I'm not. Is it the data or voice connection that makes is say Ehrpd?

I dont have an Airave but my neighbor does. When connected to the Airave it will say EVDO Rev A. Instead of Ehrpd. I used *99 to check if I'm connected and it and I'm not. Is it the data or voice connection that makes is say Ehrpd?

How close is your neighbor?

EVDO Rev A and eHRPD are data connections. If you're connected to the macro network, it should say eHRPD.

How close is your neighbor?

EVDO Rev A and eHRPD are data connections. If you're connected to the macro network, it should say eHRPD.

Nobody knows as its in an apartment building. I was able to get near those speeds down the street and well out of the range of the airave.

Nobody knows as its in an apartment building. I was able to get near those speeds down the street and well out of the range of the airave.

Interesting, but have a site with good backhaul/little congestion. The thing to look for on NV sites is pings around or less than 100ms

I just drove by a site with a full build in progress!!!!!!!

Edit: I will take pics but the reason I noticed was because I drive by the site 3 days a week to get to work and new panels were added in-between the existing ones. I only see one RUU behind them right now but I'm confident this is a Sprint site.

The site is located just past the i75/169 junction heading south toward Glenpool.

• Like 1

i would like to add, i live just off 71 & Mingo. The past 2 days i have noticed a huge change. My ping times were previously 200+ MS. Since wednesday my ping times have dropped to 90-110MS (average 97MS out of 8 tests) average download speed of around 900 kbps and 600 up. Hope we continue to see this spread!

I just drove by a site with a full build in progress!!!!!!!

Edit: I will take pics but the reason I noticed was because I drive by the site 3 days a week to get to work and new panels were added in-between the existing ones. I only see one RUU behind them right now but I'm confident this is a Sprint site.

The site is located just past the i75/169 junction heading south toward Glenpool.

This is all so exciting! i hadn't seen ping times/3g speeds like this since i was in Memphis last month. And lte speeds were awesome as well.

They are installing it right now. I'm shy so I didn't want to go up to the site and bother them but I saw a guy working on the cabinets and two others installing RRUs. It was the coolest thing ever. Blurry pics in a bit!

EDIT: super blurry (sorry guys, I'll get better pics later you can be sure of that!)

IMG_20130222_101438.jpg?token_hash=AAGoDW5BHRGKO3kYp3Tk9TygE2UmUEsYvkzfkecWrlP_AA

IMG_20130222_101444.jpg?token_hash=AAH0wU_i1EhqeBZimbvSF_TJsJpNSR2fdTy3u56gjEVbsg

• Like 1

I came by the site at 5:30 and two guys (who were there in the morning) were still working on the antennas.

Tomorrow I plan to borrow a DSLR and take some good quality pics of where they are at. Any pics taken with my Galaxy S 3 will be pretty bad for two reasons, One, CM10.1 sucks for taking pictures and two due to the super messy nature of where the antennas are, anything without an optical zoom is not going to have much of anything useful to show. Hopefully I can get some great pics with this better camera.

There was no LTE to be had yet and the 3G speeds were only above average with good but not great ping (.78mbps down, 210ms ping), I suspect nothing NV related is turned on yet.

• Like 1

My ping times have ranged from 80-130 with an occasional 225 or something. downloads average 1100kbps upload 700.

This is a serious step in the right direction for the Oklahoma market.

look around at your local sites and see if you find any new work or panels. I immediately recognized this site because I had seen NV sites in Memphis which were apparently made by the same tower company as that who made most of our towers. I'll find a good pic for you here in a little bit.

edit: look for what's circled. This is a different type of site than ours, it has white panels and no trussing whereas ours have grey panels and trussing on the top (second picture).

Sprint NV panels in a different market

NL13XC096_C.JPG

My Home cell site in Tulsa (Legacy)

20121021_172758.jpg?token_hash=AAEE4ykzSHR2yPQp_OpfvUUCAWQIQ1Ff2rWzVv4sv2H_og