LTE Voice and data

I was finally enjoying some sweet fantastic LTE speeds at work today and had my Galaxy tab tethered to my Galaxy Nexus when I got a phone call. On my old Epic this use to make my data connection drop out, but, wonders of all wonders! I continued to surf the web, with no apparent drop in speed as I conducted my phone call! I remember reading that this might be possible, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it was, indeed, a fact.

Rick

I was finally enjoying some sweet fantastic LTE speeds at work today and had my Galaxy tab tethered to my Galaxy Nexus when I got a phone call. On my old Epic this use to make my data connection drop out, but, wonders of all wonders! I continued to surf the web, with no apparent drop in speed as I conducted my phone call! I remember reading that this might be possible, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it was, indeed, a fact.

Rick

Yes the galaxy nexus can only do voice and data at the same time but only while on lte. The lg viper, evo lte, and gs3 can do the same but they can also do voice and data over 3g as well.

I'm actually kind of surprised at your being unable to use WiMAX and voice at the same time previously, if this is indeed what you're talking about.

P.S. You should remove your phone number from your phones/devices profile listing. Not a good place to put that!

• Like 1

I'm actually kind of surprised at your being unable to use WiMAX and voice at the same time previously, if this is indeed what you're talking about.

P.S. You should remove your phone number from your phones/devices profile listing. Not a good place to put that!

Unless he never experienced wimax on his epic.

• Like 1

I used simultaneous voice and WiMax on my E4GT and EVO. Just not simultaneous voice and 3G.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Rick

On my OG Evo I can talk and surf at the same time when I am on Wimax

On my OG Evo I can talk and surf at the same time when I am on Wimax

SVWiMAX FTW

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Phone calls? Do people still make phone calls? Those are like so 2008.

;)

AJ

• Like 3

Phone calls? Do people still make phone calls? Those are like so 2008.

;)

AJ

I finally got my girl onto a smart phone last Christmas, so trust me, phone calls still happen.

I finally got my girl onto a smart phone last Christmas, so trust me, phone calls still happen.

You won the battle but lost the war. You are supposed to get her onto a smartphone so that you can get away from the phone calls to more manageable, multimodal forms of communication.

:P

AJ

• Like 1

Girls like talking on the phone just to 'hear your voice' and I do not see that trend ending soon. (They are also sometimes paranoid that you are at a club dancing with other girls & want to call to make sure your not... but that is a separate problem called CRAZY, lol.)

Girls like talking on the phone just to 'hear your voice' and I do not see that trend ending soon. (They are also sometimes paranoid that you are at a club dancing with other girls & want to call to make sure your not... but that is a separate problem called CRAZY, lol.)

That'll get you killed pretty quickly buddy.

• Like 1

Well I have an EVO LTE' date=' GS3, and a Galaxy Nexus, can I make up for it? :D[/quote']

When the first three letters of your name are Dev, you need a nexus device... lol

Sent with AOSP JB Toro on Forum Runner

They are also sometimes paranoid that you are at a club dancing with other girls & want to call to make sure your not...

That sounds like a good test case for the superior ambient noise cancellation ability of the EVO LTE.

AJ

• Like 4

That sounds like a good test case for the superior ambient noise cancellation ability of the EVO LTE.

AJ

Seriously that was not the reason I had asked about the quality of HD voice in the other thread, but it would be a good benefit. Robert should test voice quality in noisy environments since he has all the phones, lol

Seriously that was not the reason I had asked about the quality of HD voice in the other thread' date=' but it would be a good benefit. Robert should test voice quality in noisy environments since he has all the phones, lol[/quote']

I also have the noisy environment, with four kids and all. :)

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

(They are also sometimes paranoid that you are at a club dancing with other girls & want to call to make sure your not... but that is a separate problem called CRAZY, lol.)

Good old reliable stalking takes care of that for most women. The more tech savvy just use the Find My Boyfriend app.

Good old reliable stalking takes care of that for most women. The more tech savvy just use the Find My Boyfriend app.

Pretty soon there will be an app that will turn on the front facing camera or something... For the tech savvy paranoid woman.